Acer update

Guest abellas

Guest abellas

Hi, I wonder if somebody could help me please. My update notification says a new rom is available 2.0 gen 1, but after downloading and trying to install it says OS not supported. I'm on stock 1.6 gen_1 any help appreciated.

Thanks

Guest linuxluver
Hi, I wonder if somebody could help me please. My update notification says a new rom is available 2.0 gen 1, but after downloading and trying to install it says OS not supported. I'm on stock 1.6 gen_1 any help appreciated.

Thanks

More detail please?

1. The full current firmware version on your phone.

2. The full firmware version of the update being offered.

3. What country are you in?

4. Where did you source your phone? Locally or from another country? Which one?

Thanks.

Edited by linuxluver

Guest pwniz

I too am being offered an update. Acer_LIQUID_2.0_EMEA_GEN1 filesize 112MB

It downloads a link to my sd and ask me to connect the phone to a computer which I'm currently unable to do (at work without usb cable)

My current OS is 1.002.05_EMEA_GEN1

Guest Borkata
I too am being offered an update. Acer_LIQUID_2.0_EMEA_GEN1 filesize 112MB

It downloads a link to my sd and ask me to connect the phone to a computer which I'm currently unable to do (at work without usb cable)

My current OS is 1.002.05_EMEA_GEN1

It seems that once you connect it will ask you to install Acer tool for flashing and will use the downloaded file from sdcard. It is only assumption though <_< You can do this also by yourself.

Guest emerald7086

it might be another case(s) of acer download tool issue. you might have to look for the older version of ADT to update. check the sticky post on top for reference.

Guest abellas
More detail please?

1. The full current firmware version on your phone.

2. The full firmware version of the update being offered.

3. What country are you in?

4. Where did you source your phone? Locally or from another country? Which one?

Thanks.

I'm on 1.002.03 EMEA GEN 1

update is Acer_LIQUID_2.0_EMEA_GEN

I'm in the uk and my phone was purchased from a UK store.

Regards

Guest Elmokki

Oh, surprising. First official update I can see with the update notification thingie. Now if Acer would just have a proper ftp. 100kb/s is bullshit.

Guest Elmokki

Worked just fine for me once I actually spent the 20 minutes downloading the file at ludicrously slow speeds. Oh well, I'm just probably too used to 100/100 internet.

Guest EvilDoctorK
Worked just fine for me once I actually spent the 20 minutes downloading the file at ludicrously slow speeds. Oh well, I'm just probably too used to 100/100 internet.

Any useful advantages to installing this ROM update ? ... What will it actually delete from my phone (all sorts of warnings about backing up everything etc.)

Thanks!

Guest sasaflame

Ok...This is the case...I have Acer Liquid A1 and I got notification that there is an OS update...So i tried to get a link for it,but I had some problems... I have 1.002.05-EMEA-GEN1 and I need to update to 2.000.16 GEN1...I think... So,can someone give me the link to download it?

I tried to do it using Acer Liquid EMEA_CUS1 OS 2.000.16,but the update failed... I have also downloaded Acer_Liquid_2.000.05_AAP_GEN bin file,what can I do with it to try the update?

And,can you give me the info on how can I update OS using my phone only,if it's possible...?

I'm from Serbia,btw,if thats means anything.

Tnx in advance.

Guest kylenk

you definitely are too used to it! I'm in australia and have 1.5mbit down 256kbit up. That's the maximum i can get in my area without paying ridiculous amounts for cable with shocking limits. Think urself lucky :)

Ok...This is the case...I have Acer Liquid A1 and I got notification that there is an OS update...

You need to download EMEA_GEN1 OS 2.000.16. I had the same issue. You can download it from French part of Acer.com

Guest sasaflame
You need to download EMEA_GEN1 OS 2.000.16. I had the same issue. You can download it from French part of Acer.com

Awesome,downloading it right now. Tnx, dude.

Hope it works.

I've already updated my phone to 2.000.05_AA_GEN2 using A1_DL_Tool_[intra][single]_v3.100_20091027...but i can see no difference...

So,can someone tell me,what this update is really doing? What changes does it make?

And will it change my Android from 1.6 to 2.0 or 2.1?

Tnx again.

EDIT: Got the same error as before that OS file did not match... I'll try the same trick with A1_DL_Tool...

Still hoping for the answers on the questions above.

Edited by sasaflame

Guest abellas

You would have thought this update would be straightforward, get an update notification, download the link, connect phone to pc and hey presto its done. If acer release a 2.1 update will I have a problem installing that?

Guest apolloj

Hi,

I've got the same pb ? What does ACER ?

I've never flashed the phone nor installed unofficial ROMS (maybe I'm wrong ;-)

I try to install the new official ROM from ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/smartphon...6_EMEA_GEN1.zip

Spec: (when doing hard reboot)

USB Boot : 1.00.01

HW Version : 0.4

AMSS Version A1.02.01

SE Actuel: 1.002.03_EMEA_GEN1

The official ROM doesn't work . I've got the message "OS File Not Match" and then reboots my computer !!!!

PS :I think, I follow well the steps, no ?!

Thx in advance for your help !

Awesome,downloading it right now. Tnx, dude.

Hope it works.

I've already updated my phone to 2.000.05_AA_GEN2 using A1_DL_Tool_[intra][single]_v3.100_20091027...but i can see no difference...

So,can someone tell me,what this update is really doing? What changes does it make?

And will it change my Android from 1.6 to 2.0 or 2.1?

Tnx again.

EDIT: Got the same error as before that OS file did not match... I'll try the same trick with A1_DL_Tool...

Still hoping for the answers on the questions above.

Guest peterx666
You would have thought this update would be straightforward, get an update notification, download the link, connect phone to pc and hey presto its done. If acer release a 2.1 update will I have a problem installing that?

Unless there is anything to gain.....

possibly better just to wait for 2.1 (when?)

:P

Guest Martyx

Hi folks.

I live in the UK and have just purchased the Acer Liquid from a UK online retailer and it's offering me an update.

Firmware: 1.6

Baseband: A1-01.02.01

Kernel: 2.6.69

Build: Acer_Liquid_1.002.03_EMEA_GEN1

Update offered: Liquid GEN1 OS (Acer_LIQUID_2.0_EMEA_GEN1)

Filename downloaded from Acer: OS_Acer_2.000.16.EMEA.GEN1_A16D_A.zip

Update comes back with 'OS does not match' and the PDF states European countries but not the UK.

I don't want to just blindly update using the v3.1 updater and brick my phone (I've only had it a few hours!).. any ideas?

EDIT

-----

I clearly can't read! If anyone has the same issue read these threads:

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...r-gen1-to-cus1/

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...p-of-1-005-csl/

UPDATE

---------

After downloading the manual updater I've upgraded to 2.000.16 EMEA with no problems :P

Edited by Martyx

If you have problems installing updates try other ones. There are GEN1, CUS1 and CUS2 for Europe, Canada and US. Try them all. If nothing helps, then maybe you should find asian? If that also does not help - contact Acer.

Guest apolloj
Hi folks.

I live in the UK and have just purchased the Acer Liquid from a UK online retailer and it's offering me an update.

Firmware: 1.6

Baseband: A1-01.02.01

Kernel: 2.6.69

Build: Acer_Liquid_1.002.03_EMEA_GEN1

Update offered: Liquid GEN1 OS (Acer_LIQUID_2.0_EMEA_GEN1)

Filename downloaded from Acer: OS_Acer_2.000.16.EMEA.GEN1_A16D_A.zip

Update comes back with 'OS does not match' and the PDF states European countries but not the UK.

I don't want to just blindly update using the v3.1 updater and brick my phone (I've only had it a few hours!).. any ideas?

EDIT

-----

I clearly can't read! If anyone has the same issue read these threads:

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...r-gen1-to-cus1/

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...p-of-1-005-csl/

UPDATE

---------

After downloading the manual updater I've upgraded to 2.000.16 EMEA with no problems :P

Hi, Can you post the link of the "manual updater" ?