im stuck with my rooting

Guest j1mmy g88

Guest j1mmy g88

hi, prob a noob thing, ive unlocked my bootloader, ran the superboot thing which has given me the superuser permissions icon on my nexus one menu, however im stuck as to how i get the desire rom onto my nexus one, i tried going into recovery mode which gives me the exclamation mark and when i hold power and vol up, gives me a menu in blue, i try to apply update.zip but comes up with "E:signature verification failed"

please please help me out :)

Guest escagelion
hi, prob a noob thing, ive unlocked my bootloader, ran the superboot thing which has given me the superuser permissions icon on my nexus one menu, however im stuck as to how i get the desire rom onto my nexus one, i tried going into recovery mode which gives me the exclamation mark and when i hold power and vol up, gives me a menu in blue, i try to apply update.zip but comes up with "E:signature verification failed"

please please help me out :)

Before trying to install this ROM, you'll have to flash/boot a new recovery => the amon Ra is the one I choose. You can grab it here : http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...recovery-image/

Guest j1mmy g88

i've tried that now, and all i get is "error: cannot load 'recovery-RA-nexus-v1.6.2.img"

help!!!

ps once again help is mucho appreciated

Guest Jeremy702
i've tried that now, and all i get is "error: cannot load 'recovery-RA-nexus-v1.6.2.img"

help!!!

ps once again help is mucho appreciated

How far along the instruction did you get? What method are you using to install the RA image?

Guest j1mmy g88
How far along the instruction did you get? What method are you using to install the RA image?

the method thats on that page, using the command prompt

Edit - apologies guys, i was being a complete idiot, i forgot to put where the file location was lol

Edited by j1mmy g88

Guest j1mmy g88

another daft question but i have searched around and cant find an answer, how long does it normally take to boot up from the 1st time of flashing the rom, just that im stuck on the htc quietly brilliant screen. using alpha 15 version

Guest Mantisen
another daft question but i have searched around and cant find an answer, how long does it normally take to boot up from the 1st time of flashing the rom, just that im stuck on the htc quietly brilliant screen. using alpha 15 version

Everything from 2 to 10 minutes I think, at least first boot.