MEGAlite ROM Build 23547: 320Mb Free Storage:-)

Guest daskalos

Guest RainerRabe2

wow quite some speed in creating new versions. respect, keep up the good work, please!!!

the previous one I am still using and it works great, just two things that I still could not solve:

1. as I wrote in the other thread the alarmwatcher.exe I could not recover, so tclock alarms would not sound, is that part of your new CABs?

2. even if I installed bluetooth and WIFI settings, I would get the error "the file "SETTING_BT" cannot be oepened, either it is not signed...." even if I open them directly with file explorer from \windows folder. installing sfkcerts did not work, .net 3,5 is installed. I realized they are still in the \windows folder even if not installed and LOCKED (ROM files), maybe that is the issue (in the older build) - could you solve that with the new build and less ROM usage, maybe?

3. I also replaced contacts from POUTLOOK: contacts to seccontacts.exe in registry, since whenever running either tomtom 7.9 version, contacts could not be accessed any longer, that included picking someone to call, or viewing caller info from phone app, while navigating in background - but that is not a ROM issue that is also happening with factory rom. seems there is some incompatibility between TOMTOM 7.9x and POUTLOOK. also mail would not sync while tomtom running via 3g. again should maybe not be in this thread but I thought, I'd share it, maybe others got similar issues and solved them.

Cheers, looking forward to test the new release!

Guest daskalos
wow quite some speed in creating new versions. respect, keep up the good work, please!!!

the previous one I am still using and it works great, just two things that I still could not solve:

1. as I wrote in the other thread the alarmwatcher.exe I could not recover, so tclock alarms would not sound, is that part of your new CABs?

2. even if I installed bluetooth and WIFI settings, I would get the error "the file "SETTING_BT" cannot be oepened, either it is not signed...." even if I open them directly with file explorer from \windows folder. installing sfkcerts did not work, .net 3,5 is installed. I realized they are still in the \windows folder even if not installed and LOCKED (ROM files), maybe that is the issue (in the older build) - could you solve that with the new build and less ROM usage, maybe?

3. I also replaced contacts from POUTLOOK: contacts to seccontacts.exe in registry, since whenever running either tomtom 7.9 version, contacts could not be accessed any longer, that included picking someone to call, or viewing caller info from phone app, while navigating in background - but that is not a ROM issue that is also happening with factory rom. seems there is some incompatibility between TOMTOM 7.9x and POUTLOOK. also mail would not sync while tomtom running via 3g. again should maybe not be in this thread but I thought, I'd share it, maybe others got similar issues and solved them.

Cheers, looking forward to test the new release!

1. The new tclock inside the first batch of Samsung apps for 23547 in this thread is fixed and working

2. You still need to install Samsung Settings to make them work. Also try using the cabs from the above.

3. If that's the case you should make a new thread about TomTom's incompatibilities,'cause it's not my ROM's fault :)

Edited by daskalos

Guest RainerRabe2
1. The new tclock inside the first batch of Samsung apps for 23547 in this thread is fixed and working

2. You still need to install Samsung Settings to make them work. Also try using the cabs from the above.

3. If that's the case you should make a new thread about TomTom's incompatibilities,'cause it's not my ROM's fault :)

cool, all downloaded. will test ASAP

Guest RainerRabe2

3. If that's the case you should make a new thread about TomTom's incompatibilities,'cause it's not my ROM's fault ;)

1. works thanks

2. works thanks

3. works, if you switch device off and on again while contacts are open - then they all show, weird :)

test report:

works very well, seems memory management is much better!

I opened every app on the device, including Iexplore and YOutube and TOMTOM.. still 47 MB free, no apps closing in background at least as I saw

question:

what is missing is the SECDialler.dll in \windows. so even if you change the dialler skin settings to go back to Samsung dialler, it does not do it.

any chance to get the DLL here from anyone who is not yet on this ROM version?

or to get Samsung dial pad in a .cab?

rest works like a charm

Guest daskalos
1. works thanks

2. works thanks

3. works, if you switch device off and on again while contacts are open - then they all show, weird ;)

test report:

works very well, seems memory management is much better!

I opened every app on the device, including Iexplore and YOutube and TOMTOM.. still 47 MB free, no apps closing in background at least as I saw

question:

what is missing is the SECDialler.dll in \windows. so even if you change the dialler skin settings to go back to Samsung dialler, it does not do it.

any chance to get the DLL here from anyone who is not yet on this ROM version?

or to get Samsung dial pad in a .cab?

rest works like a charm

I'll do that later (Samsung Phone Pad cab)

I notice too, that programs doesn't auto close when it reaches 30Mb... Programs will auto close when free RAM is below 18Mb... And there's no Auto Close Fix installed :)

Guest ddpove

Thank you for this great job.

I have a question. In the instructions you wrote on post #1 you said to install certain cabs. Are they to be installed in "My Device" or in "My Storage"?

Again, thanks for the Rom.

Thank you for this great job.

I have a question. In the instructions you wrote on post #1 you said to install certain cabs. Are they to be installed in "My Device" or in "My Storage"?

Again, thanks for the Rom.

Once you install this rom you have plenty of rom to play around. Install these applications in "My Device", not only to utilise space but few applications and dependencies look for a path in \windows only otherwise you might get errors or slowed down overall response.

Guest RainerRabe2
Well it's working but graphics is invisible ;)

I remove samsung volume control graphics,hoping to find the registry entry to redirect the volume rocker to control default wm volume control :)

hope i find it :P

did anyone solve this issue in the meantime?

txs

Guest ddpove

Very nice ROM. I have a couple of questions though.

1.- How could I customize the Titanium (Windows Default)? I have tried it with CHome Editor but it regardless what I do in CHome Editor the Titanium remains the same. I have tried also to manually edit "cmhomeres.dll.0409.mui" but it does not allow me to copy the file (I am using Resco Explorer) (see picture attached).

2.- How could I get 'autorotate' again for pictures and videos? With the Media Player I had before it autorotated auttomatically but now the TCPMP it does not. Is that a problem of the app or is it something stripped from the ROM?

3.- Does any one knows where could I find the Media Player original we had?

That is all.

Thank you.

post-605798-1269265727_thumb.jpg

Edited by ddpove

Guest daskalos
Very nice ROM. I have a couple of questions though.

1.- How could I customize the Titanium (Windows Default)? I have tried it with CHome Editor but it regardless what I do in CHome Editor the Titanium remains the same. I have tried also to manually edit "cmhomeres.dll.0409.mui" but it does not allow me to copy the file (I am using Resco Explorer) (see picture attached).

2.- How could I get 'autorotate' again for pictures and videos? With the Media Player I had before it autorotated auttomatically but now the TCPMP it does not. Is that a problem of the app or is it something stripped from the ROM?

3.- Does any one knows where could I find the Media Player original we had?

That is all.

Thank you.

Media player = touch player in Samsung Apps downloads

Guest RainerRabe2

still working very well, I found cab file in another forum to enable Samsung Volume control (a smaller version, not full screen which is not even bad, since you still see the background..)

1. what I did not find yet, and could not port from a different ROM version yet, is the Samsung Phone skin with Video Dial.

is there a cab for it?

does anyone have another phone skin with Video Dial and WGA? maybe even better, using standard windows contacts and speed dial instead of the samsung phonebook etc..?

2. lock screen is set to WM 6.5 and not to windows standard. as soon as you are forced to loc (e.g. exchange server connectio) you lose some memory. could disable with : [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LockScreen]

"Enable"=dword:0, but the picker is missing in the ROM, so no way to switch it on or off in the settings

("ShowLockScreenPicker"=dword:1 makes the lock settings crash)

3. put some registry keys in a file to import into regedit after every hard reset (many these days), maybe you can include some in your fix.cab:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows CE Services]

"FileSyncPath"="\\My Storage\\My Documents"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Inbox\Settings]

"PropertyPath"="\\My Storage\\Mail"

"AttachPath"="\\My Storage\\Mail\\Attachments"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders]

"Cache"="\\My Storage\\cacheie"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders]

"Cookies"="\\My Storage\\cookies"

"History"="\\My Storage\\History"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LowMem]

"ResetDivision"=dword:0

"ProgramMem"=dword:60

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware]

"InputBufferSize"=dword:200

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware]

"OutputBufferSize"=dword:200

"SleepOnNoData"=dword:0

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer]

"MaxBufferSize"=dword:400

"DriverInterface"="COM4:"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\ActiveDevice]

"Index"=dword:4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\CHome\CClock]

"SK2TEXT"="Wireless Mgr."

"SK2URL"="\\windows\\setting_a.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GDI\GLYPHCACHE]

"limit"=dword:2000

"limit0"=dword:2000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LockScreen]

"Enable"=dword:0

[HKLM/Software/Samsung/RIL/GPS/XTRA]

"AutoDownloadWifi"=dword:1

maybe some others have additional tweaks you apply after hard reset..

txs

Guest asbud
What's inside the ROM fix cab?

- Well it fixes some file viewer errors

- HTC GSensor SDK (so you can run G-Sensor Games)

- Some Camera Tweaks (like Self Portrait)

- My Storage and Storage card transferring file speed increased

- Enable Windows Default Settings

- Enable Screen Orientation Setting

- Added Auto Rotate App

- Disable 6.5 lock-screen (which eats and holds 5-10Mb RAM)

- 10Mb-temporary-file fix

- Samsung Keyboard as Main SIP

- Disable Samsung Dial Pad (for additional 10Mb RAM)

- GAPI fix

- Enable Band Settings

does this version ROM fix cab also include above fix?

Guest RainerRabe2
yup

sorry, but that one was not done in my version: Disable 6.5 lock-screen (which eats and holds 5-10Mb RAM)

had to do it in registry.. maybe you can have a look if it is really there in the CAB :)

Guest asbud
sorry, but that one was not done in my version: Disable 6.5 lock-screen (which eats and holds 5-10Mb RAM)

had to do it in registry.. maybe you can have a look if it is really there in the CAB :)

does it?

Guest VOODOOS!L

I noticed we always install .NET 3.5. Maybe it should be included inside the Rom? Do we have some benefit if it's integrated in the rom (eg faster)?

Or is there someone that really never installs this framework? I thinks some samsung apps depends on it...and many other apps..

I know you want to keep it clean, but what's the benefit if everyone still has to install it afterward manually to get a working device? or am I missing something.. :)

Edited by VOODOOS!L

Guest daskalos
I noticed we always install .NET 3.5. Maybe it should be included inside the Rom? Do we have some benefit if it's integrated in the rom (eg faster)?

Or is there someone that really never installs this framework? I thinks some samsung apps depends on it...and many other apps..

I know you want to keep it clean, but what's the benefit if everyone still has to install it afterward manually to get a working device? or am I missing something.. ;)

.NET is needed by some applications to run. It's some kind of of a resource for them.

In an untouched ROM, .NET framework is always included, but is the older version (2.0)

3.5 is the newer version (and there is the unofficial 3.7), and developers, for some reasons, doesn't put the latest 3.5, always 2.0. If you install 3.5 in a rom with .net 2.0, it doesn't uninstall 2.0, it just add up to your system files, so you got two .Net frameworks, when only one is enough (3.5 recommended). The result is some waste in space and in some cases, some apps still uses the old 2.0 framework. An advantage of apps using 3.5 is, they run faster.

In some devices, .NET 3.5 can be installed in the Storage Card.

I don't know why in B7610, this isn't possible...yet.

So for the meantime,for me, it is a good choice not to include 3.5 in the ROM, so that if the time comes that anyone finds a tweak to allow it to be installed in storage cards/ my storage, it can be easily uninstalled and reinstalled again into other storage locations, thus again, saving some space in the ROM :)