Nexus one 3g on AT&T

Guest mrsexkey

Guest mrsexkey

How will this affect the mods since this is a new radio frequency? Will it be the same. Don't want to brick it when I get it delivered via fedex tomorrow and root it.

p.s. It is for sale at http://www.google.com/phone if anyone wants to check it out. Just added today.

Edited by mrsexkey

Guest tropmonky

just a radio difference, not really a ROM difference from what I understand... But I'm by no means a PRO at this stuff so I could be totally wrong, LOL. Maybe the radio software is the same but just the frequency hardware wise is different?

I'm interested to know!

When it arrives hit me up. I suspect it'll be EPE54B, as I spotted some AT&T related files in there.

I'm pretty certain you'll be able to flash any of the communities ROMs with no ill effects, but don't quote me on that. ;)

If in doubt, nandroid first! :)

P

Guest mrsexkey
I'm guessing the first phones will land in hands tomorrow with the overnight shipping.. Someone get this man an img! LOL

haha. Once it is in my hands this will be the first place I go to report my findings...

Guest cezent

I cant actually see two version of the phone. It seems only showing the one with 3G/UMTS Bands - 1/4/8 (2100/AWS/900)

I m based in UK perhaps they ve set this version as the default for UK users. Does anyone know if this new version is also compatible with UK 3G network?

Guest mrsexkey
Anyone know a good way to get one of these ordered and shipped out to NZ? They're not available in the other hemisphere :)

ebay ? I have seen some shipping worldwide.

Guest anosis
It's funny that you can get the discounted pricing with T-mobile but their not offering it at a discount price with AT&T?

Reason being that T-Mobile teamed up with Google and ATT did not. So if you want to get the Nexus One for ATT it will be without ATT's support and thus the full price.

I just switched camps from WM to Android, will be an interesting experience to catch up on all the hacks. HTC and Roms go very nicely on the WM phones, it so simple a caveman can do it. I am sure it's simple on Andriod as well.

Edited by anosis

Guest liorra3

hehe, i cant wait to see the update on that post. i order one more nexus for me, the new 850/2100 3g, and like others, i cant see an different vision there.

Guest mrsexkey

OK, Just unboxed it. Jumped right into 3g, so hopefully i wont experience what the T-Mo faithful went through. Sorry to report that there are no hidden gems that I found so far.

EPE54B

32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2

2.6.29-01117-g4bc62c2android-build@apa26 #1

But hey, it's 3g on AT&T so that is good enough for me.

Guest liorra3

hehe mrsexkey, tnx for the info, my n1 850/2100 is on the way.

its same radio and fs like the "normal" n1, so its same hacking and so...

Guest sealos

astradtner,

I posted mine yesterday and it sold today for $500. I paid $570 for it originally, but I think I got WAY more than $70 of use out of it for the last 2 months.

Good luck!

Guest sealos
If an AT&T user could test my 2 ROMs, that would be much appreciated!

P

Paul, super dumb question, but I'm willing to help as I have my new N1A in hands....

Can I test out the ROMs without:

1. rooting my phone

2. unlocking the bootloader

Again, sorry for the lameness, but I had unlocked and rooted before... and it wasn't a concern.

Would it work if I just downloaded the ROMS, renamed to update.zip, put on zip and booted to recovery?

Cheers,

sealos

Cannot get 3G on ROGERS...... I thought Rogers and ATT are using same brand?

They both use 850/1900, 3G working fine here on Rogers, what apn is your phone using, try rogers-core-appl1.apn with no u/p