Install Official release on Root

Guest Charlton22

Guest Charlton22

Well,

I am running the last official update for the liquid. (Unrooted)

So, I was wondering that if I root and then I have to return my liquid for warrenty for any reason, If I reinstall this official release on the rooted system, will the Acer Tech identify that it has been rooted?

I was told that if acer release an official update in .bin, I can flash with it and Acer Techs wont indentify that it was rooted before.

So what do you think?

This is just for a precaution.

Charlton

Guest Quipeace

If you flash using the acer tool will format/rewrite all partitions, leaving no trace behind of whatever was on the phone before that.

So no, the techs won't know it was rooted before :).

Guest Charlton22
If you flash using the acer tool will format/rewrite all partitions, leaving no trace behind of whatever was on the phone before that.

So no, the techs won't know it was rooted before :).

Thanks for your reply ;)

So the last official release is a .bin?

And which is the best current rum I can flash with?

Thanks

Guest Charlton22
Well, the latest release doesn't come as a .bin, but you can extract it from the installer. Refer to another topic for that :).

I cannot find any .bin file in the installer :s

Guest Quipeace

Sorry, extracting was a bad choice of words. Refer to the following topic:

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...p-of-1-005-csl/

You can also just try and find the correct rom on the acer site, I failed at that :).

EDIT: Yes you can root, you can do pretty much anything with your phone. Flashing a .bin or using acers new installer method completely "resets" your phone.

Edited by Quipeace

Guest Charlton22
Sorry, extracting was a bad choice of words. Refer to the following topic:

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...p-of-1-005-csl/

You can also just try and find the correct rom on the acer site, I failed at that :).

EDIT: Yes you can root, you can do pretty much anything with your phone. Flashing a .bin or using acers new installer method completely "resets" your phone.

I meant extracting the .bin from the liquid update installer.... Or I don't have to? I can just run the installer or root?

Thanks

Guest Quipeace

You can run the installer, but you can also use the method described in the thread I mentioned.

I prefer using .bin files as I'm used to that and because I like collect .bins in case I need them :).

All up to you ;), the installer won't know you've rooted.

Guest Charlton22
You can run the installer, but you can also use the method described in the thread I mentioned.

I prefer using .bin files as I'm used to that and because I like collect .bins in case I need them :).

All up to you ;), the installer won't know you've rooted.

Nice! Thanks very much :P

Guest linuxluver
I cannot find any .bin file in the installer :s

You run the installer without the phone connected. The installer extracts the BIN file into a folder and calls it something like "A1_Mergedfile.bin"

This is the BIN file. You can copy it to another location and then use the stand-alone ACER Download Tool to flash it. Probably a good idea to rename it to something that clearly identifies what it is.