Which is the best rom right now?

Guest Charlton22

Guest Charlton22

I was interested in the 2.1 for the live wallpapers and others....

Any direct links please?

Thanks

Guest chingy1788
Currently I'm using ACR 1.5.1 with radio from 2.000.16, and I'll use it till official eclair release.

Same with me

the current Android 2.1 roms are too slow, graphics are laggy

Guest linuxluver

I was interested in the 2.1 for the live wallpapers and others....

Any direct links please?

Thanks

The Eclair ROMs are good enough if you turn off animations. This speeds up the UI a lot.

LCR v1.1.1 or eViLD v1.8.1 are both easily usable....

The fastest I've seen so far was eViLD v1.6.7 slim....but it needed some tweeking to see the full Market. Anything from eViLD has been rock solid and free from spontaneous reboots. But don't bother with 1.7 - 1.8. Go for either 1.6.7 or 1.8.1.

I haven't tried anything from Angio directly. He lost the plot just as I was tuning in.

Guest umair9001
Same with me

the current Android 2.1 roms are too slow, graphics are laggy

Same here..2.1 u need to contiunously kill task..to get that smooth interface..

Worst problem of 2.1, the phone doesn't come out of standby at many times..den removing battery, this n that..

Will w8 for official release.. :)

Guest rafyvitto

I've been running 2.1(ACR 1.8) almost 2 weeks now, its been perfectly stable, no random reboot or wake up issues, yes I have to kill apps, but I'm used to this as I come from winmo, for me 2.1 is perfectly fine, but yeah id love to have official 2.1 ;-)

Edited by rafyvitto

Guest kylenk

Does everyone on 2.1 overclock to 920mhz? Maybe that's why its great for some and poor for others.my liquid for one isn't quite stable at 920mhz.

Guest Piter1225
Does everyone on 2.1 overclock to 920mhz? Maybe that's why its great for some and poor for others.my liquid for one isn't quite stable at 920mhz.

You need kernel source for that, it will be released with official eclair.

Guest linuxluver

I tried disc0's 1GHz kernel.....but it locked my phone solid. If there was a 920MHz version it was never highlighted in the top post (that I saw, anyway)...and was most likely lost in the muddle in the middle of some thread.

Got a link? :)

Edited by linuxluver

Guest kylenk

i know it requires kernel source....but i really thought i read it was done.

@linuxluver: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AT6NQUVN . here you go :).

edit: also, if you set it to 920 in setcpu itll still clock at 768mhz from memory. Clock it up past the limit and itll set max(920), i think that you have to set 921mhz for it to actually have 920 in the range....i just had it set to 998mhz

Edited by kylenk