finally! I BOUGHT A N1!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Guest Rafoolik

Guest Rafoolik

Hello,

My name is (not) Rafoolik and this is my first post!

I just bought the Nexus one, and am waiting on shipping. I feel so gitty, and excited, im impatiantly waiting for the tracking number now...For about half a year i had the iphone 3gs and hated it, the whole look and feel, the icon based menu ui, the generic scene that was happening around the iphone disgusts me, and dont even get me started on the apps, i realized i was waisting more time than saving with all those useless apps i had.

well i got rid of that phone, was rockin on an old nokia i had for a month or so, but yesterday when i saw the N1 was on the ATT 3g bands i had no more excuse not to buy, i am absolutely new to android and the android community. Any tips are much appreciated, oh and should i root the phone? and is it worth it? thanks.

Edited by Rafoolik

Guest pvillasuso

Dude ... You are finally going to see the light !

Welcome aboard ! Have a seat and enjoy ! :)

There are so many good things going on with android !

its insane ! and its just the beginning . . .

Guest hefeglass

nice...but you should hold onto that 3gs....youll start to miss it soon..

i consider my nexus one as a little computer that I can play around with and test different ROMS on...getting used to android and stuff.

but...the user experience overall is not up to the level of the iphone 3gs. Alot of the poor experience is based on the horrible touchscreen..youll HATE trying to type on this thing. There are also a few other small issues with the interface..but overall its a great phone and great os.

I always find myself using my 3gs for quick web browsing or emailing...its just near impossible to type at any decent speed on the nexus one. I have tried every keyboard for it and I find that slideIT seems to be fastest for me. Its a swype like app. Hopefully when google makes the next phone theyll find someone else to manufacture it for them. HTC uses crappy digitizers and it ruins the user experience....(although if i hadnt had all 3 iphones before this, i probably would have considered the nexus perfect)

youll be happy with the nexus one...just saying, dont get rid of that iphone...

Guest joelee

Welcome to the flock.

You have chosen well, the right phone and the right FORUM.

Your Nexus One will be better when you get it unlocked and flash the Desire MCR.

I have NOT missed my old iPhone 3GS at all, after I got my Nexus One (and I have been using iPhone since 2007).

J

Guest tropmonky

Yup, I say the same thing.... I have my iPhone as a backup phone (oh and my bathroom newspaper and tunes)

Guest Spinstorm

There has been some debate about whether it is better to have an N1 or Desire.

The way I see it - N1 all the way.... I actually prefer the design of the HTC Desire and I like the optical "stick" but the fact is having an N1

is like having an iPhone - we will always get the latest official google updates for our phone and we will also get sick sense updates from amazing

guys like Paul.

We have the best of both worlds... now I doubt the desire will not be hackable and I doubt that it won't be possible to put N1 ROMs on the phone but as things

stand right now the N1 is the best of both worlds... although god the dock is useless - I had to remove my invisible shield for it to work with the phone... how bad is that!?

Guest Rafoolik

i consider my nexus one as a little computer that I can play around with and test different ROMS on...getting used to android and stuff.

but...the user experience overall is not up to the level of the iphone 3gs. Alot of the poor experience is based on the horrible touchscreen..youll HATE trying to type on this thing. There are also a few other small issues with the interface..but overall its a great phone and great os.

I always find myself using my 3gs for quick web browsing or emailing...its just near impossible to type at any decent speed on the nexus one. I have tried every keyboard for it and I find that slideIT seems to be fastest for me. Its a swype like app. Hopefully when google makes the next phone theyll find someone else to manufacture it for them. HTC uses crappy digitizers and it ruins the user experience....(although if i hadnt had all 3 iphones before this, i probably would have considered the nexus perfect)

To late....I already sold my iphone, and i doubt the keyboard is that bad, but i'll have to wait and see, i finally got the tracking, it was shipped today and i'll get it tommorrow.

Guest cezent
To late....I already sold my iphone, and i doubt the keyboard is that bad, but i'll have to wait and see, i finally got the tracking, it was shipped today and i'll get it tommorrow.

The keyboard is not that bad, I switched to Android from iPhone as soon as the good old G1 came out and have been on Andriod ever since. If you get apps such as shapewriter or swype on board ur N1, typing on it is a lot faster than iPhone. There are a couple of known issue with N1's touchscreen but 1)the screen resolution and colour is better than iPhone by miles 2) you can never tweak iPhone as much as you tweak N1 3)iPhone has its own problems (lots of it).

Have fun with ur N1 :)

Edited by cezent

Guest AychTeeSee

I've just recently joined the Nexus One crowd too, with the release of the AT&T 3G version :)

Best of luck to you in your Android endeavors!

Andrew

Guest Deathwish238

OP, root and check out the Desire ROM. Or if you rather experience 2.1 stock first, throw on the MCR w/o SenseUI. Either way, it's bliss. And don't forget to get Trackball Alert for customizing your trackball colors!

Horrible touchscreen? Typing on the N1 is easy, especially with the HTC IME. Android has a better dictionary too. The 3GS is great for the layman...it's today's RAZR. But hell, I'm not going to support the 3GS when Apple keeps bring the OS closer to some Disney Catholic vision it has. It's stupid too...censoring bikinis on a phone with web browser.

Regardless, the touchscreen issues of the N1 have yet to effect me and I've had it since day one. Disappointing yes, but a big deal no. The gorgeous OLED more than makes up for it...hell its picture is better than most HDTVs...even when taking into account the red push. Its blacks are as dark as the night sky.

Edited by Deathwish238

Guest squirreleater

Welcome to the Android world!

Regarding the keyboard, try swype or slide it, swype is currently an invite beta test (The .apk file can be found out there....) and they are both amazing apps, make typeing(swyping) soooo much easier. I can type quicker on the N1 than any previous phone, regardless of keyboard type.

Guest Rafoolik
OP, root and check out the Desire ROM. Or if you rather experience 2.1 stock first, throw on the MCR w/o SenseUI. Either way, it's bliss. And don't forget to get Trackball Alert for customizing your trackball colors!

Horrible touchscreen? Typing on the N1 is easy, especially with the HTC IME. Android has a better dictionary too. The 3GS is great for the layman...it's today's RAZR. But hell, I'm not going to support the 3GS when Apple keeps bring the OS closer to some Disney Catholic vision it has. It's stupid too...censoring bikinis on a phone with web browser.

Regardless, the touchscreen issues of the N1 have yet to effect me and I've had it since day one. Disappointing yes, but a big deal no. The gorgeous OLED more than makes up for it...hell its picture is better than most HDTVs...even when taking into account the red push. Its blacks are as dark as the night sky.

I absolutely agree. Ive been playing around with this phone all day, and i gotta say, even though the live wallpapers are cool, nothing beats those preset pictures, the colors are like nothing ive ever seen, the reds are bright apple red, all colors are what theyre supposed to be, its not always about resolution, but the quality of the screen and contrast ratio. i finally got it today and i love it. will post pics soon :)