No sound from headphones

Guest Umka

:) Hello,

I have a problem - music plays fine on my liquid until I plug in the headset. No music comes from the headphones. Just mute.

I am pretty sure I saw a thread about this problem before, so i searched for like 3 days and could not find the thread. so - sorry for double posting. If the solution was already published - can anyone post the link?

Thank you

Guest mrcanant

I don't know about this issue.

But I got similar problem when I make calls, I can't hear anything while others can clearly hear me. This situation continues unless I put the speaker on or connect to my earphone (bluetooth).

And I have tried several different roms, like 1.004/2.000.05/2.000.15/2.000.16/eclair, the problem just exists. So I am pretty sure there is something wrong with the phone rather than the roms.

I will have to take it to the customer services.

Guest mrcanant
I don't know about this issue.

But I got similar problem when I make calls, I can't hear anything while others can clearly hear me. This situation continues unless I put the speaker on or connect to my earphone (bluetooth).

And I have tried several different roms, like 1.004/2.000.05/2.000.15/2.000.16/eclair, the problem just exists. So I am pretty sure there is something wrong with the phone rather than the roms.

I will have to take it to the customer services.

Guest ardito81

I imagine that your problem is due to the procedure for root if you search in the forum with the new superboot should solve ... was the first superboot disk that created this problem

Regards Alessandro

p.s. sorry for my bad english

the first superboot disk that created this problem

Hello, thank you for reply.

You mean the new superboot will solve the problem? or do I have to hard-reset the device? I tried to search the forums but cannot find the solution. Which version of superboot do I need?

Thanks

Guest ardito81

if you want to use a stock rom install it from Acer tools, without root, at least you have the confirmation that the problem is the process of root. Otherwise install the Community Rom 1.1.1 in this forum if you want android 2.1, or the angio 1.5.1 to have android 1.6 that already have the root. For installation of these Roms use the search button that you will surely find what you need.

n.b.: You dont' to be able to install Custom Rom 2.1 on a liquid with rom 1.6, you MUST install the bin leak of LiquidE...

Regards Alessandro

Edited by ardito81

Guest kylenk

+1 to ardito81

i've said this in quite a few times but....if you've modded your phone at all and have issues guys please just make a nandroid backup and reflash to stock 1.6 so you can more or less rule out software being the issue.

Guest magicboyguccino

i had same problem.

i bought my liquid in india. then flash it to multi language gen1 last firmware. but problem not solved. then i flash to android 2.1 firmware. and at that time my problem solved

Hello,

I actually had it working fine until i flashed ACER_Liquid_2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1. I am not sure if it caused the problem. Anyone can suggest a nice smoothly working ROM that does not have that problem?

Thank you

Guest mrcanant
Hello,

I actually had it working fine until i flashed ACER_Liquid_2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1. I am not sure if it caused the problem. Anyone can suggest a nice smoothly working ROM that does not have that problem?

Thank you

Acturally it seems to be just the case of my problem.

a few days ago I flashed the 2.1ROM and update with the eVil 1.7, but in short time I found it consuming my battery a lot. So I flashed to 2.000.16, which is the newest official 1.6ROM at that moment. And then some day I found my problem suddenly happens. Because I use the bluetooth earphone for calls recently, I don't know exactly whether my problem came out right after I installing the 2.00016 ROM, or it happened some time after the flash.

Probably I assume the problem was contributed by the 2.000.16 ROM.

But it is extremly weired that none of the currently-existed roms can help me with the problem, if it is really caused by the 2.000.16ROM.

Guest nferro

Hello,

Just flash one of the boot.img from disc0 or blc and your problem will be solved. I just had the same problem and solved it that way.

Hello,

Just flash one of the boot.img from disc0 or blc and your problem will be solved. I just had the same problem and solved it that way.

What do you mean? Which boot.ing should be flashed ? which one is working?

Guest magicboyguccino
The one's on this thread.

it doesn't solve problem. no sound :)

only eclair roms solve problem, but that roms are not very fast ;) also have market connection problem

any sollution do you have?

Guest mrcanant
I'm using ROM CUS1 with disc0's kernel. Sound on headphones is working great.

Sorry mate, have no more ideas.

I have tried the kernel you mentioned on my cus1, still no sound.

I am getting crazy.

Frankly at the moment I am to busy to play with new ROMs, and many users say 2.1 roms are still laggy and slow. So I will wait for something very new.

But I got my problem solved with a Bluetooth headset. Wired headset still does not work, but bluetooth works just fine. So i can enjoy music again

Guest mrcanant
Frankly at the moment I am to busy to play with new ROMs, and many users say 2.1 roms are still laggy and slow. So I will wait for something very new.

But I got my problem solved with a Bluetooth headset. Wired headset still does not work, but bluetooth works just fine. So i can enjoy music again

You are right, bluetooth headset works.

But I want to get my phone sound again, by itself rather than earphone or bluetooth headset.