Update acer GEN1 to CUS1

Guest Pathfinder23

Guest Pathfinder23

Hi all,

I have Acer liquid bought from UK but for some reason it comes with EMEA_GEN1 ROM (which I think it's for countries such as Norway and Denmark, ..etc)

I downloaded both CUS1 and GEN1 2.0 ROMs from Acer's ftp site but for CUS1 I am getting wrong rom error message and for GEN1 I keep getting something wrong message and ask to remove the battery for 10 seconds and reconnect !

My question is will I be able to install CUS1 (the UK ROM) on my Acer or I am stuck with GEN1 or do I have to root the phone 1st ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Pathfinder23

I have a similar issue. I have a GEN1 device and I have tried to update with the latest ROM but get the helpful "OS file type is not match, Now stop the whole process" I currently have 1.002.02_EMEA_GEN and it fails when I try to install 2.0_EMEA_GEN1

Regards

WJB

Hi all,

I have Acer liquid bought from UK but for some reason it comes with EMEA_GEN1 ROM (which I think it's for countries such as Norway and Denmark, ..etc)

I downloaded both CUS1 and GEN1 2.0 ROMs from Acer's ftp site but for CUS1 I am getting wrong rom error message and for GEN1 I keep getting something wrong message and ask to remove the battery for 10 seconds and reconnect !

My question is will I be able to install CUS1 (the UK ROM) on my Acer or I am stuck with GEN1 or do I have to root the phone 1st ?

Pathfinder23

Guest Borkata
Hi all,

Pathfinder23

If it is UK then your rom should be EMEA_GEN1 and not CUS1 I think.

Guest Pathfinder23

Thanks kylenk will give it a try when back home ..

Borkata, according to the pdf files in Acer's FTP :

Supported version(s): EMEA_CUS1 (US/UK/Australia)

Update file name:

EUU_Acer_Liquid_2.000.16_EMEA_CUS1.zip

Supported version(s): EMEA_GEN1

(Norway/Sweden/Swiss/Austria/Denmark/Finland/France/Germany/Ice

land/Italy/Luxembourg/Nethersland/Peru/Ukraine/Venezuela)

Update file name:

EUU_Acer_Liquid_2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1.zip

Guest linuxluver
If it is UK then your rom should be EMEA_GEN1 and not CUS1 I think.

I checked the UK Acer web site and they are offering a ROM upgrade that ends in CUS....

Honestly, in Europe I don't think it matters. The EMEA GEN ROM supports English perfectly. I use it in New Zealand....where the AAP ROM is meant to be used....but Acer don't sell the Liquid here, though the acer.co.nz web site includes support for it....probably from a server in the UK or Hong Kong :-)

Edited by linuxluver

Guest Borkata

Pathfinder you are correct, sorry about that :P

I have HK version of Liquid and using it here in Europe (Bulgaria) with no problems :) So there is no problem, because different versions use just different localizations ;) And what I need is English, which exists in all of them.

Guest Pathfinder23

Just an update guys, I've managed to update and root my Acer liquid to Liquid Community Rom, so thank to all who offered kind help.. really appreciated

To be honest the only reason I wanted to root my phone is to add additional fonts to support my unsupported language in Android, so my next goal is "How to add fonts ?? " will do some search here and in google and if no luck will come back to you :)

BTW, I've received an email this morning from Google with regards to my new Nexus phone !!! (it looks like my phone is now registered with Google as a Nexus phone) is this normal ?

Have a great day/night all

Guest Borkata

One question: by fonts you mean you need to type at your language? if this is the case try different keyboard program. I use AnySoftKeyboard :)

Guest Pathfinder23

Hi there,

I already have AnySoftKeyboard to type messages and chat, the fonts are more for browsing websites (currenctly they show as squares)

One question: by fonts you mean you need to type at your language? if this is the case try different keyboard program. I use AnySoftKeyboard :)

Guest Pathfinder23
I see :) You are right. Btw what is your language?

Arabic

I fount an .zip file which suppoose to include the arabic fonts, I've uploaded it on the SD Card and need to put the phone a recovery mode to install it (will have to wait till evening to get access to windows pc to do it)

No sure if there is key combination on the phone while booting up to put it on recovet mode ?