"No service" on 2.000.16

Guest Quipeace

Guest Quipeace

Hey,

after playing around with 2.1 for a while I decided to go back to 1.6 for a number of reasons, but I ran into a problem with the latest official release 2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1

Í have flashed a couple of times now, but I keep getting a "No service" notifications. The phone would then briefly connect with the network (KPN) and then disconnect in under a second.

Trying to find where things went wrong I tried changing the band from Automatic to EURO, but got the message the change was unsuccesful.

Has anyone got the same problem? I'm back to 1.008.00 for now...

Edited by Quipeace

Guest linuxluver
Hey,

after playing around with 2.1 for a while I decided to go back to 1.6 for a number of reasons, but I ran into a problem with the latest official release 2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1

Í have flashed a couple of times now, but I keep getting a "No service" notifications. The phone would then briefly connect with the network (KPN) and then disconnect in under a second.

Trying to find where things went wrong I tried changing the band from Automatic to EURO, but got the message the change was unsuccesful.

Has anyone got the same problem? I'm back to 1.008.00 for now...

Did you use the ACER download tool to flash back to 1.6 from 2.1? You must. Nothing else will work.

Guest linuxluver
Ofcourse... And besides, if I didn't 1.008.00 wouldn't work either :)

Ok. I asked because I can nandroid restore my Android v1.6 system over a wiped v2.1...and it will boot fine and I will have wifi....but no mobile data or phone.

Your problem sounded like that was the case.

Guest Borkata
Alright, didn't mean to sound mean :).

Anyone else?

It sounds like radio problem, no matter that you use 1.6 ;) Maybe you can try different localization roms of 2.000.16, after all there might be differences in radio, aside of different languages.

Guest umair9001

You sure you flashed 2.000.16?

I made a mistake of same when i was upgrading to 2.1 to test the LCR..I used to flash 2.000.16 and flash the update.zip on it :)..

Check the bin file path as the acer tool keeps the last flashed path in itself whenever u start..

Guest Quipeace

Theres no way I can do that as the acer bin does everything for you :), it's probably a radio issue, sounds like that would be the only thing that could cause the problem.