[ROM] i8000 custom ROMs by Sonblack from PDAViet

Guest Lancez

Guest Chivas610
i dont use video call function, but i think it is there. at least i can disable it from 3G call.

Push call button - find the person you'd like to call - choose vid call...works on my JC1

Guest Lancez
Push call button - find the person you'd like to call - choose vid call...works on my JC1

ya, i know. i alwasy disable it to save 3mb RAM :)

Guest Chivas610

I noticed Advanced Config comes with this rom, but isn't this program outdated with 6.5? I believe a lot of them tweaks is not working....?

Guest Lancez
I noticed Advanced Config comes with this rom, but isn't this program outdated with 6.5? I believe a lot of them tweaks is not working....?

works for me, its newest version.

Guest Chivas610
works for me, its newest version.

I haven't checked too many tweaks, but the most annoying - the sms sent notification - is not working :) And if I recall, some of the tweaks comes with a message it's for 6.1 only...

Guest Lancez
I haven't checked too many tweaks, but the most annoying - the sms sent notification - is not working :) And if I recall, some of the tweaks comes with a message it's for 6.1 only...

i dont use SMS-MMS so cant help you on that

Guest pbrand

I wonder if the constant memory drain on this phone has something to do with the win 6.5.5 version of with Samsung software itself?

After a reset I have 60-70MB available or something. After a few days of use the available memory is reduced to 25MB. The latter is annoyingly not enough and I can not run IGO anymore then. I have tried all sorts of memorycleaners but this doesn't seem to help :)

Apart from that I must say this 6.5.5 ROM works quite well. Although the NEW-ROM update checks seems to have a bug. It states that an update (SB13) is available. But that is a classis 6.5 ROM whereas I run the 6.5.5 version. So that does not seem a practical update to me ;)

hi, i am using SonBlack's 5.2.23549 ROM on my i8000.I dont know if you guys experience this. Whenever i use the Media Player (Touch Player) in playing an MP4 video, after the video finishes playing, the player will hang and i will not be able to use it again without doing a soft-reset, the entire UI also slows down considerably.

if you know what im talking about and also knows how to fix it. i'd appreciate the help.

another question. i like the square buttons in this ROM (as seen in the screenshots), but for some reason, after installing the applications i used frequently, i noticed the windows buttons at the bottom bar went back to being circles. not a big deal, just nice to have..

Other than that, i'd say this is the best ROM ive used so far. stable and fast and with the preinstalled tools, i didnt have to install them myself.

Thanks and if you know how to solve my problem, please help me. Thanks again.

Guest sonblack
another question. i like the square buttons in this ROM (as seen in the screenshots), but for some reason, after installing the applications i used frequently, i noticed the windows buttons at the bottom bar went back to being circles. not a big deal, just nice to have..

I think perhaps you adjust theme which you don't know! :)

Please enter Setting - Home - Items and select the theme amarullzGreenBlack and press OK.

Everything about skin will go back normaly because you are using my ROM JC1 23549

Edited by sonblack

Guest mihai_mihai
wow, how do you communicate with the world? ;) :)

i have free 305 minutes to any network(including nr 1 area roming) 2000 minutes+2000 sms in my network(cosmote) so why someone with something like this need sms to comunicate? :P

Edited by mihai_mihai

Guest Lancez

i have unlimited calling (free roaming,free long distance) and data plan with AT&T which costs me about 100 USD per month. so i dont really have to waste another 15 USD on SMS-MMS :)

Edited by Lancez

Guest contable
i have unlimited calling (free roaming,free long distance) and data plan with AT&T which costs me about 100 USD per month. so i dont really have to waste another 15 USD on SMS-MMS ;)

Your monthly payment looks hardcore, too. :)

@all:

For cheap or free long distance calls and cheap sms via dataplan I use this small app: lowcaller.cab

Before being able to use lowcaller you have to open an account here: www.poivy.com

You can make calls and send sms via your dataplan (using lowcaller) or only make calls with local access number (national freecalling recommended) without dataplan.

Please read the instructions carefully before starting and check if poivy.com provides local access numbers in your country !!!

Cheers,

contable

Edit: For more informations about lowcaller please visit: www.lowcaller.com

Edited by contable

Guest Lancez
Your monthly payment looks hardcore, too. ;)

well, this is U.S of A. all the companies here have 1 goal and 1 goal only, they are intentionally to rip you off. if i get a lower rate than i'll be paying 300-400 USD each month and i have done that before! we, the consumers, have to pay whatever they want you to pay. that is why we are still getting dinosaur phones under contract. it's a shame!

P.S. considering the unlimited nationwide roaming and long distance with unlimited data plan ( i use my phone to download ROMs with 2-3G monthly data usage, just to make my $$$ worth a while, lol ), its not that "hardcore", besides its about 65 Euro, right?..........lol, at least i have already coaxed myself into it :)

Edited by Lancez

Guest lailsh

Can i flash ur rom without flashing CSC?My operator setting will not configure my sim card for mms & internet settings if i flash the full rom.Tks.

Guest Lancez
Can i flash ur rom without flashing CSC?My operator setting will not configure my sim card for mms & internet settings if i flash the full rom.Tks.

i think you can. but write down your internet and MMS settings just in case.

Guest Lancez
Errr..how do i go about doing that?Tks.

need nore info about your phone, than i can tell what to do.

go to samsung settings and give me your FW version

Guest lailsh
need nore info about your phone, than i can tell what to do.

go to samsung settings and give me your FW version

Pardon my ignorance what is FW?Cant find anything related to FW in samsung settings.My i8000 is a singapore set

PDA: I8000NXXIJ9

CSC: I8000XSOIJ2

Phone: I8000DXIJ1

As mention in my previous posts if i flash the full rom my operator settings will not configure my sim card for mms & internet settings.Really love ur rom,hope there is a solution from you.

Guest Lancez
Pardon my ignorance what is FW?Cant find anything related to FW in samsung settings.My i8000 is a singapore set

PDA: I8000NXXIJ9

CSC: I8000XSOIJ2

Phone: I8000DXIJ1

As mention in my previous posts if i flash the full rom my operator settings will not configure my sim card for mms & internet settings.Really love ur rom,hope there is a solution from you.

Singaporean! you can just flash eboot,PDA and phone part and leave your stock CSC alone. we got a lot singaporean here so dont worry, they will hlep you out if you have any questioins ;)

btw, this is not my ROM, i just happen to have the honor to post sonblack's ROM here. if you wanna show your appreciation he's the one you should be thanking for :)

Guest lailsh
Singaporean! you can just flash eboot,PDA and phone part and leave your stock CSC alone. we got a lot singaporean here so dont worry, they will hlep you out if you have any questioins ;)

btw, this is not my ROM, i just happen to have the honor to post sonblack's ROM here. if you wanna show your appreciation he's the one you should be thanking for :)

A big thank you Lancez!Cheers!!! :P