Install Evil Eclair v1.8.1

Guest Splux

Guest Splux

Hey!

Recently I rooted my Liquid so I could try Android 2.1, and I rooted (or flashed, idk what the different is.. if it's any difference) it with Android 2.1 from Acer, a leak that I found.

But I want to have Evil Eclair instead, but I can't get in to bootloader.. So I can't install superboot, and that makes it kinda hard to install Evil Eclair.

And that's why I made this thread, to get help with how I should install Superboot, or if it excists any other way to get evil eclair installed.

Some information that you might need;

Build: Acer_liquidE_0.004.01_EMEA_GEN1

Kernel: 2.6.29

Firmwire: 2.1

So, is it anyone who can help me out with this? I'd really appreciate it. This leak is kinda laggy :)

Guest kylenk

there is a different key combo under eclair to get into bootloader. I don't remember what it is....but after a bit of searching you should be able to find it..Good luck :).

@neferym: that post is no help to him at all

Guest linuxluver
Hey!

Recently I rooted my Liquid so I could try Android 2.1, and I rooted (or flashed, idk what the different is.. if it's any difference) it with Android 2.1 from Acer, a leak that I found.

But I want to have Evil Eclair instead, but I can't get in to bootloader.. So I can't install superboot, and that makes it kinda hard to install Evil Eclair.

And that's why I made this thread, to get help with how I should install Superboot, or if it excists any other way to get evil eclair installed.

Some information that you might need;

Build: Acer_liquidE_0.004.01_EMEA_GEN1

Kernel: 2.6.29

Firmwire: 2.1

So, is it anyone who can help me out with this? I'd really appreciate it. This leak is kinda laggy :)

Three options.

1. If you have a running system, install "Quickboot" from the Market.

OR

2. Install Android SDK and use "adb" to send commands to the phone - like "adb reboot bootloader"

OR

3. The other two answers are easier, though the second one requires a person be able to follow instructions...and many people for whatever reason, can't do that. So the third answer is

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...n-combinations/

Which says:

1. Remove battery and replace battery.

2. plug in PC-connected USB cable

3. Camera button + "<" then Power.

Result: Fastboot / Bootloader

Edited by linuxluver

Guest Splux
Three options.

1. If you have a running system, install "Quickboot" from the Market.

OR

2. Install Android SDK and use "adb" to send commands to the phone - like "adb reboot bootloader"

OR

3. The other two answers are easier, though the second one requires a person be able to follow instructions...and many people for whatever reason, can't do that. So the third answer is

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...n-combinations/

Which says:

1. Remove battery and replace battery.

3. Camera button + "<" then Power.

Result: Fastboot / Bootloader

That 3'rd means I should hold camer button+volume up and then press power?

If yes, then I've tried it and I got some random text for 1sec. So I didn't have time to read it, but is it possible that it was the bootloader? I don't want to try again, when I don't really know what it was I did.

And following instructions isn't so hard. That's what I did untill I came to that bootloader step.. The way they described didn't work:(

And thanks for trying to help me out:)

Guest Quipeace

Life is much easier when you've got adb running properly, so go download the SDK (and set the enviroment variables, just use googles guide :)).

With adb you can simply type "adb reboot xxx", where xxx could be bootloader, recovery etc.

>And following instructions isn't so hard.

Not? then why didn't you do any of the alternative he gave you?

"1. Remove battery and replace battery.

3. Camera button + "<" then Power. "

is NOT the same as "camer button+volume up and then press power"

First, if your device does boots up do number one. If it doesn't do number two. And if it is to hard to read the instructions on how to install the SDK do number three.

Edited by pajn

Guest Splux
>And following instructions isn't so hard.

Not? then why didn't you do any of the alternative he gave you?

"1. Remove battery and replace battery.

3. Camera button + "<" then Power. "

is NOT the same as "camer button+volume up and then press power"

First, if your device does boots up do number one. If it doesn't do number two. And if it is to hard to read the instructions on how to install the SDK do number three.

Maybe because I didn't think about that the Liquid got a button that looks like "<"..?

But nvm, I've found a way that should work.

Volume up+Camera button and then press power=bootloader.

Is Evil Eclair faster/more stabil then Acer's leak?

Guest Quipeace
Maybe because I didn't think about that the Liquid got a button that looks like "<"..?

But nvm, I've found a way that should work.

Volume up+Camera button and then press power=bootloader.

Is Evil Eclair faster/more stabil then Acer's leak?

It definitely feels faster. :)

>I didn't think about that the Liquid got a button that looks like "<"..?

Look at the screen, then look at the "acer logo", under that you have four buttons. If you look at the third button you would see something very close to a <. But I understand you missed it, those are pretty hidden.

Guest Splux
>I didn't think about that the Liquid got a button that looks like "<"..?

Look at the screen, then look at the "acer logo", under that you have four buttons. If you look at the third button you would see something very close to a <. But I understand you missed it, those are pretty hidden.

I know exactly what you mean, I usually don't inspect all the buttons.. I know where to press so I can go backwards, that's enough, I don't have to know how the button looks^^

Well, I'll install Evil Eclair now. I can wipe everything I needs to wipe from superboot, or? First android phone, so I don't really know what I can do and what I can't do with the programs^^

Guest Quipeace

What you will want to do in order:

- Flash the leaked .bin file from acer

- Copy eViLs .zip file to your SD card

- Flash MalezRecovery: http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...recovery-image/

- Boot to recovery ("adb reboot recovery", or, if you're lucky, find the button combination)

- When you're in recovery mode:

- Wipe dalvic cache

- Wipe cache (phone will reboot to recovery after this step)

- Apply any .zip - select eViLs .zip

- Reboot

Now you should have a working eViL Eclair :)

Edited by Quipeace

Guest Splux
What you will want to do in order:

- Flash the leaked .bin file from acer

- Copy eViLs .zip file to your SD card

- Flash MalezRecovery: http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...recovery-image/

- Boot to recovery ("adb reboot recovery", or, if you're lucky, find the button combination)

- When you're in recovery mode:

- Wipe dalvic cache

- Wipe cache (phone will reboot to recovery after this step)

- Apply any .zip - select eViLs .zip

- Reboot

Now you should have a working eViL Eclair :)

Thanks. How big is the chance of getting a bricked phone when rooting? I can't find any answers for that question on google or in the forum..

Guest Quipeace

Chances are very (very) low, Just follow the instructions and you will be fine.

One tip: Don't sit at your computer to wait for the acer tool to finish, just walk away, watch some television and come back in 20 minutes or so.

Guest Splux
Chances are very (very) low, Just follow the instructions and you will be fine.

One tip: Don't sit at your computer to wait for the acer tool to finish, just walk away, watch some television and come back in 20 minutes or so.

Already got 2.1 leak from Acer, so I don't have to do that part:)

Why can't they just make it easier to do this? Like when you're going to update; download a bin, use Acer's update tool and wait for 10 min, done.