Factory Reset and Starting with Acer Sync

Guest peterx666

Guest peterx666

I have been told that the keystrokes to to a hard factory reset on the Liquid S100 phone are to hold down +_ key and press the power key? Nothing happens..... tried it with the phone on and the phone switched off------- any help appreciated.......

also got a new Acer Liquid phone.... in the manual it says on page 5 that to connect to a PC just plug in the lead.... rubbish ...... XP comes up and asks for a driver - which it cannot find..... ...... stuck :)

Acer have a Sync program somewhere so ran up the CD........ but it only gave me a basic manual ...... not help there then ;)

Looked for Sync on the CD with file manager..... In the Fscommand folder it shows Activesync.bat and Activesync.exe ........ thought I had found it......... Acer struck again........either program (the batch program runs the EXE) comes up with an empty Flash sceeen :P

Dead End....... Can anyone help before I chuck this thing against the wall!

Hope someone can help .... cos I is fed up

Pete ;)

Guest Quipeace

Perhaps you could have a look at one of the sticky threads on this forum :), you can download the drivers there ;).

I think I'll write a guide on the Acer Liquid for dummies when I've got some spare time.

Edited by Quipeace

Guest peterx666
Perhaps you could have a look at one of the sticky threads on this forum :), you can download the drivers there ;).

I think I'll write a guide on the Acer Liquid for dummies when I've got some spare time.

Quipeace Thanks if you think the drivers are there will give it a try

Stuck at the moment

If you could write a guide that would be Great wish someone would ....Acer dont seem to be capable

Thanks again

Pete :P

Guest peterx666
Back on my computer again, so here's the link. You can download Acer Sync from there as well (whatever it does).

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-sync-download/

OK will try this one

Tried the ones on the Sticky and whereas it now show the phone as a drive it says its empty "please insert a dsik into drive J:"

Will try again

Found out what Sync does it normalises your google mail and stuff with whats stored on the web

??

Pete

Guest peterx666
Back on my computer again, so here's the link. You can download Acer Sync from there as well (whatever it does).

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-sync-download/

Your link is just the one in sticky.... tried that

Still not working ....... this liquid is becoming a pain....... didnt have this program with mu last F900 windows mobile ..... it just worked off the CD etc??

???

Guest Quipeace

Well, as I never had the need to use a sync tool, I'm afraid I won't be able to help you.

You do know that to acces your SD card you have to mount it right? When you have your liquid plugged in, drag down the notification bar and select the USB message, then click on mount.

As for the factory reset, I remember accedently pressing the button combo, try "+, -, camera, power"?

Guest peterx666
Your link is just the one in sticky.... tried that

Still not working ....... this liquid is becoming a pain....... didnt have this program with mu last F900 windows mobile ..... it just worked off the CD etc??

???

somebody on another forum has just given me the solution....

Apparantely you need to pull down a hidden menu screen at the top of the Liquid (just under the status bar) and it asks if you want to mount the Drive

Say yes and it all works like Magic

The guy also said you dont need any drivers at all ..... its all done from the phone

Wish Acer would help - cant find anything on their site

Thanks again for all your help

Think I have everything going now ........ just going to shut it all down and start it up from scratch to see if it works a second time around.....

Pete

Guest peterx666
Well, as I never had the need to use a sync tool, I'm afraid I won't be able to help you.

You do know that to acces your SD card you have to mount it right? When you have your liquid plugged in, drag down the notification bar and select the USB message, then click on mount.

As for the factory reset, I remember accedently pressing the button combo, try "+, -, camera, power"?

sorry we must have crossed over or posted together - you have just hit the nail on the head too

Pete