multitouch quality of the liquids' screen

Guest ma4000

Guest ma4000

hi,

after some days ago the discussion about the suboptimal touchscreen of the nexus one came up, i was wondering how our liquid performs in this area.

as i can't test it by myself as my liquid is in repair:

could somebody with a 2.1 rom (as the 1.6 doesn't support multitouch) install the programm "Multitouch Visible Test" from the market, perform some tests like in this video (

) and post his results here?

thank you very much!

Guest teunke99

Tv

hi,

after some days ago the discussion about the suboptimal touchscreen of the nexus one came up, i was wondering how our liquid performs in this area.

as i can't test it by myself as my liquid is in repair:

could somebody with a 2.1 rom (as the 1.6 doesn't support multitouch) install the programm "Multitouch Visible Test" from the market, perform some tests like in this video (

) and post his results here?

thank you very much!

There is no multi touch. Not on 1.6, not on 2.1. Not yet..

Guest ma4000

what?? do you mean

no multitouch = no pinch-to-zoom

or

no multitouch = no two touches at one time at all?

isn't a multitouch input driver a prerequisite for 2.0?

Guest simoneser

The 1.6 modded kernel by disco has multitouch only in Dolphin.

We have to wait a 2.1 rom with multitouch enabled. The one we have, hasn't it ;)

Wait some weeks :)

Guest mrnismisk
The 1.6 modded kernel by disco has multitouch only in Dolphin.

We have to wait a 2.1 rom with multitouch enabled. The one we have, hasn't it ;)

Wait some weeks :)

The question isn't about the drivers its about the multitouch support of the screen. What type of multitoutch dos the screen support, How many fingers and if it can keep full track of the fingers and don't mix them up. Well i don't know witch screen the liquid have. Cheking it out now...

Multitoutch is a word thrown around. But what dos it really mean that android 2.1 support multitoutch, specific specifications any where?

Guest ma4000
Multitoutch is a word thrown around. But what dos it really mean that android 2.1 support multitoutch, specific specifications any where?

IMO multitouch support is simply the ability of the screen/driver to register multiple presses of the touchscreen at the same time and to pass those points SEPERATELY to the OS, and the ability of the OS to handle multiple "klicks" at one time.

--> pinch-to-zoom != multitouch, it's only one possible implementation of it

Guest gforr

the liquid screen supports only 2 fingers.

i suppose that it is a synaptics clearpad 2000. Because the 1000 version doesn't sipport 2 fingers.

Guest chingy1788

don't know about the flipping axis problem

but I think the sticking problem probably wont exist on liquid's multi touch

atleast at the hardware level... driver can do... anything