27/Apr - [.33.3] intersectRaven's Kernel (now with *STABLE* Hybrid AVS)

Guest R@v3n

Guest R@v3n
Ok dude, nice sound this. Only one question: Works with Enomther´s ROM?

Best regards ;)

It should work with any N1 out there. I just don't know if there are any features that his ROM needs something in the kernel to work. :)

Guest fabiocampos
It should work with any N1 out there. I just don't know if there are any features that his ROM needs something in the kernel to work. :)

Hmmm... ;) Thanks for u answer. I´ll try :P

The Nexus One Development Forum at XDA is the busiest out of the three I check regularly (htcpedia, MoDaCo, and XDA)...

So I was wondering if you would consider making a post that links to this forum thread back here, to try to get more users on this kernel and drive faster bug reporting, collaboration, and development on this project through a larger userbase.

I know it's a lot to ask of you; but I really think this is a great kernel and I would like to ensure its continued updating and eventual taking over of the world (or even better, integration as options into Cyanogen's official release).

Guest R@v3n
The Nexus One Development Forum at XDA is the busiest out of the three I check regularly (htcpedia, MoDaCo, and XDA)...

So I was wondering if you would consider making a post that links to this forum thread back here, to try to get more users on this kernel and drive faster bug reporting, collaboration, and development on this project through a larger userbase.

I know it's a lot to ask of you; but I really think this is a great kernel and I would like to ensure its continued updating and eventual taking over of the world (or even better, integration as options into Cyanogen's official release).

I actually try to do that every now and then...unfortunately, whenever I'm about to hit the post button, I press Ctrl+W on my browser, turn tail and run. I'm too shy... :)

Edited by R@v3n

I actually try to do that every now and then...unfortunately, whenever I'm about to hit the post button, I press Ctrl+W on my browser, turn tail and run. I'm too shy... :)

Well, for what it's worth, this thread is now linked in my signature on all three forums... although I don't make a lot of posts. ;)

Also, I put together the basic steps for someone wanting to get started with the kernel (maybe could be pasted into your first post):

1) plug in USB and then "adb remount"

2) "adb push bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules"

3) reboot phone into bootloader

4) "fastboot flash zimage zImage"

5) reboot

6) start saving some battery power

**edited for simpler/faster steps according to R@v3n

Edited by Guest

Guest R@v3n
Well, for what it's worth, this thread is now linked in my signature on all three forums... although I don't make a lot of posts. ;)

Also, I put together the basic steps for someone wanting to get started with the kernel (maybe could be pasted into your first post):

1) boot phone into bootloader then plug in USB

2) fastboot flash zimage zImage

3) reboot into Android

4) adb remount

5) adb push bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules

6) reboot phone

7) start saving some battery power

Done! :)

Guest fabiocampos

@R@v3n, i have a doubt:

I´m see the Kmobs kernel structure, and same contains the zImage file and libs folder. Your kernel have zImage and bcm4329.ko files. Why your kernel structure don´t have a libs folder? Don´t needed? :)

Thanks for my answer my noob question. ;)

Best regards.

Edited by fabiocampos

Guest R@v3n
@R@v3n, i have a doubt:

I´m see the Kmobs kernel structure, and same contains the zImage file and libs folder. Your kernel have zImage and bcm4329.ko files. Why your kernel structure don´t have a libs folder? Don´t needed? :)

Thanks for my answer my noob question. :P

Best regards.

Those files are for the kernel modules which are needed for some other functions which couldn't fit inside the kernel zImage. I don't include it since there has been no request for them yet and I personally don't use any functions which needs the modules to be loaded. An example for this would be IPv6 support which is compiled as a module. ;)

Guest R@v3n

Just a feedback from myself. ;) I've been using both 2.6.33 and 2.6.32 for a couple of days now and it seems 2.6.32 is a lot better for me. It boots faster, scrolls smoother, etc. Also, power consumption is like 1 hour = 1% at most while idle and 1 hour = 5% while using it for a bit heavier use (surfing using 3g and having wifi on all the time). Haven't played any games continuously yet so I have no stats for what consumption is like at highest use though. :)

Guest fabiocampos
Just a feedback from myself. :P I've been using both 2.6.33 and 2.6.32 for a couple of days now and it seems 2.6.32 is a lot better for me. It boots faster, scrolls smoother, etc. Also, power consumption is like 1 hour = 1% at most while idle and 1 hour = 5% while using it for a bit heavier use (surfing using 3g and having wifi on all the time). Haven't played any games continuously yet so I have no stats for what consumption is like at highest use though. :)

Nice good know this ;)

I´ll apply ur Kernel tomorrow bcause the the phone battery is over ;)

Best regards.

Guest fabiocampos

Hey @R@v3n, your work is the best :P

Works fine for me. The kernel 2.6.32 is really more fast then 2.6.33 :)

Thanks for your hard work ;)

Regards.

Edited by fabiocampos

Guest R@v3n
Woow... its cool... dumb question: Did you test? :(

Best regards.

Yeah. Although I think I'll stick with the previous one so you can ignore this latest one. :P

Guest fabiocampos
Yeah. Although I think I'll stick with the previous one so you can ignore this latest one. :(

Hahah.... I did upgrade for the latest version :(

Guest lars1110

it only lets me charge to 74 or 75 percent on my nexus one. i know how to fix this. and i already have if you want i can send you my edited version of your kernel

Guest R@v3n
it only lets me charge to 74 or 75 percent on my nexus one. i know how to fix this. and i already have if you want i can send you my edited version of your kernel

Haven't encountered this on my N1 though I am curious as to what you modified in order to fix this on yours. It may come in handy if ever someone else encounters this problem. :P

Guest fabiocampos

I got lots reboots after using Wifi network :P Maybe ur bcmxxx.ko have a problem? I can flash zImage w/o push the .ko from my device?

Thanks

Guest R@v3n
I got lots reboots after using Wifi network :( Maybe ur bcmxxx.ko have a problem? I can flash zImage w/o push the .ko from my device?

Thanks

Odd...it should be fine since I push my bcm4329.ko everytime I flash it on my device. Btw, did you flash the bcm4329.ko from the zip file of the kernel you're flashing? I use different VMs to compile my morning and evening kernels which may cause this issue. :P

Guest fabiocampos
Odd...it should be fine since I push my bcm4329.ko everytime I flash it on my device. Btw, did you flash the bcm4329.ko from the zip file of the kernel you're flashing? I use different VMs to compile my morning and evening kernels which may cause this issue. :P

I did:

5) reboot

The new version posted by u from XDA, whats new?

Guest R@v3n
I did:

5) reboot

The new version posted by u from XDA, whats new?

Hmmm...same steps...

1.) adb remount

2.) adb push bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules

3.) adb reboot bootloader

4.) fastboot flash zimage zImage

5.) fastboot reboot

What happens if you don't turn on Wifi? Does it still reboot?

The newer version has pershoot's values.

Guest fabiocampos
Hmmm...same steps...

1.) adb remount

2.) adb push bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules

3.) adb reboot bootloader

4.) fastboot flash zimage zImage

5.) fastboot reboot

What happens if you don't turn on Wifi? Does it still reboot?

The newer version has pershoot's values.

After few reboots, now works fine. I don´t understanded :P It´s a very weird.

Guest fabiocampos
After few reboots, now works fine. I don´t understanded :( It´s a very weird.

I just upgrade to newer version and all works fine :(