USB Tether not allowing to be on a phone call at the same time?

Guest tropmonky

Guest tropmonky

I'm having an issue where I'm in 100% 3G cell area and tethering works solid till I get or make a phone call. Then the phone drops all the way down down to GPRS. Being I'm using a GSM version we should be able to be on the phone and doing 3G data at the same time... I really need this.

Is this a known thing? I haven't seen anything posted about it so I'm not double posting, I hope!

Thanks!

Edited by tropmonky

Guest deanesn
I'm having an issue where I'm in 100% 3G cell area and tethering works solid till I get or make a phone call. Then the phone drops all the way down down to GPRS. Being I'm using a GSM version we should be able to be on the phone and doing 3G data at the same time... I really need this.

Is this a known thing? I haven't seen anything posted about it so I'm not double posting, I hope!

Thanks!

Correct me if I am wrong, but you can NOT have 3G and voice going at the same time however if you switch to 2G (EDGE/GRPS) you will not have any issues. Some one confirm this as I am not 100% sure.

Guest soongteck
Correct me if I am wrong, but you can NOT have 3G and voice going at the same time however if you switch to 2G (EDGE/GRPS) you will not have any issues. Some one confirm this as I am not 100% sure.

you can have both voice and data on-going concurrently. this is a feature of 3G.

for 2G (GPRS/EDGE) data has to be suspended, voice take over the place. once voice call ends, data resumed.

can you force to use WCDMA only mode and try?