I8000HZHJC2 EN LITE ROM 20100323 (support English only)

Guest twu2

Guest wyttp

Hi,

Just want to say thank alot for your rom. Your rom is the best rom (Very stable and fast) among all the roms I tried at the moment. You even allow the users to choose which applications (as cab files) they want based on their needs which is a big plus point and leave alone the samsung skins (which is a plus point for me personally). Hope to see more roms from you and once again thank alot for your effort.

Guest thegunners
can you make a cab for Samsung SMS and Samsung touch player ? :P

hi twu2, are these two apps still available in your rom ?

Guest silvos3189

it's so strange, I used PIM Backup to restore my sms messages after i flashed this rom, but I can't view my sms messages at all. The Samsung SMS app and the windows one both show that there's no sms messages. However it's in the Main Memory already.

I have 18,000 messages.

Hmm any suggestions?

Guest pcfrnd
it's so strange, I used PIM Backup to restore my sms messages after i flashed this rom, but I can't view my sms messages at all. The Samsung SMS app and the windows one both show that there's no sms messages. However it's in the Main Memory already.

I have 18,000 messages.

Hmm any suggestions?

i had the same.

it is again the skinned sms program.

to see them, use tmail.exe, from Windows

and

hardreset, and restore they will be shown.

in all cases, nothing about the rom ..... it is the best ever here, till moment

Guest vlgligor

Hi twu2! I was just wondering if you will "clean" the new roms as well. You really did a very good job and I think I will use only your roms from now on if they are the same with this one. ;)

Guest Mighty Warriors
There'll be a JD1 lite (maybe this weekend or next week). but after JD1, I'm not sure..

Awaiting for ur lite JD1 impatiently LOL

Guest dimebar

Thanks for this fantastic lite rom. Your first post is the best organised I have seen from any ROM cooker. ;)

I just have a couple of problems that I'd really appreciate some help with...

Firstly, the Cyberon Voice Control app has all its text in Chinese characters - is there any way I can configure this to use English text?

Secondly (and maybe related) I'd really like to use the Smart Reader translation function to translate English to other European languages, but the only choice I have is English to Chinese (at least I think its Chinese - it's this character 中). Any way to get other language support for Smart Reader?

Many thanks

1. Cyberon Voice Control is a bundle software for Chinese i8000, so it only offer Chinese interface....

2. this JC2 is for Taiwan and HK, maybe the version in this machine only offer English to Chinese translation.

You can try the version in JD1, and if it's not work, after install the cab, delete cardreader.db in \windows folder, and delete HWCardReaderP.dll in the %InstallDir% for SmartReader.

Guest tuancopvn
use 7-zip? http://www.7-zip.org/

and, make sure the filename (included extension) was not changed by your browser after download.

Hi twu2,

File .002 downloaded having a wrong name so I can't extract to file .nb0.

Now it's OK

Tks for your reply

Edited by tuancopvn

Guest dimebar
1. Cyberon Voice Control is a bundle software for Chinese i8000, so it only offer Chinese interface....

2. this JC2 is for Taiwan and HK, maybe the version in this machine only offer English to Chinese translation.

You can try the version in JD1, and if it's not work, after install the cab, delete cardreader.db in \windows folder, and delete HWCardReaderP.dll in the %InstallDir% for SmartReader.

Thanks twu2, I'll give that a try, and if it doesn't work I'll see if I can extract those files froma full ROM that I know had more languages in it.

• 1 month later...
Guest Capt.KKK

have to say, this is the most stable and speedy ROM I have tried so far since my H9 stock ROM.

One quick question though, the new ManiMenu is all good, but when I changed all of the Start menu icons, some are showing no problem, but some remain their original icon straight from their .exe resources ico, any solution to this?

Screen01.jpg

The red circle is one of many that its icon changed and shows nomrally, but all others stay the same although their Start Menu appearance are not.

Edited by Capt.KKK

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...