What radio?

Guest hah2110

What radio is recommended for battery life/signal and where do I get it?

You will propably have to test them yourself. It depends lot of your area. You'll find the radios from the stock Rom thread.

Guest hah2110
You will propably have to test them yourself. It depends lot of your area. You'll find the radios from the stock Rom thread.

Don't I run the bricking risk though>?

Don't I run the bricking risk though>?

Well it's pretty hard to brick

Just make sure youre phone is connected to charger and don't interrupt the update process and you will be fine.

Guest Thetechnogeek
Well it's pretty hard to brick

Just make sure youre phone is connected to charger and don't interrupt the update process and you will be fine.

The other consideration outside signal strength is call quality, and I do find a difference between these. I got the best voice quality (to and from caller) with the ERE27 radio, and the worst with the ERE36B. But a lot may depend on the RIL build as well- my tests were with MCR2.0 (with ERE27 and 36B radios) and with Alpha 18 of the sense build. Voice quality with the latter also seemed a bit better as well. For my money, signal strength is not much use if you can't actually make out what each other are saying :)

Edit: 36B radio gives me the worst battery life, so right now there's not much going for it!

Edited by Thetechnogeek