Jump to content

Microsoft Outlook


Guest Alkali
 Share

Recommended Posts

Dear Members,

I have noticed this worry some problem with syncronization with outlook.Many a times some items especially in contacts does not sync while at other times they sync without a problem!

I have also noticed a small REX X in the sync LOGO at the bottom of my laptop screen after syncing.Please help!Deleting and creating new patnership does not help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When you get the red X, open ActiveSync and there will be an option to press a "Details" link that will tell you what the problem was (or at least give you some more information).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What do the errors say?

The server you are attempting to synchronize with is either not an Exchange Server or is running incompatible software. Please correct your server address in Exchange Setup or contact your Exchange Administrator.This is what is says and what in hell does this mean and how do i rectify?

Edited by Alkali
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds like there is a fault with the exchange server you are trying to sync with. I've been syncing with an exchange server for several years, and have only ever had problems when the server was unwell.

This sync setup you have is not try to sync with Outlook, but with an exchange server - perhaps you have it set up wrong?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds like there is a fault with the exchange server you are trying to sync with. I've been syncing with an exchange server for several years, and have only ever had problems when the server was unwell.

This sync setup you have is not try to sync with Outlook, but with an exchange server - perhaps you have it set up wrong?

Thanks but we have no EXCHANGE SERVER in this country.How do i sync with outlook only please.The settings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It sounds like you have set it up to think it has an exchange server to talk to some how. Delete the Microsoft Exchange settings from ActiveSync on your PC, then use ActiveSync to set up the connection again. Is pretty simple - check the help file.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It sounds like you have set it up to think it has an exchange server to talk to some how. Delete the Microsoft Exchange settings from ActiveSync on your PC, then use ActiveSync to set up the connection again. Is pretty simple - check the help file.

Usually by default when you setup a new partnership you will see that "Synchronise directly with Microsoft Exchange Server" is ticked. Untick it and follow the wizard as normal. Microsoft Exchange Server is used by companies to manage their emails and not all companies support synchronising directly with the server.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I am having a similar problem to the OP on this one. My HD2 was initially synced with MyPhone to get contacts from my old Touch Diamond. When I went to sync with Outlook (not on Exchange server), the device starts syncing, goes through the list of items to synchronize, starts work on the contacts, gets to about 95/434 then says "processing". At this point, if I check the contact list on the phone, some, but not all of the contacts have transferred. After about 20 minutes of "processing", the phone comes up with an error report for "services.exe" and Activesync reports a problem. Viewing the status of the problem on Activesync shows error code 86000108.

I have tried deleting the partnership on Active sync and asked it to replace data on the phone with that from Outlook when setting up the new partnership. I'm not sure what else to do and am getting a little frustrated because soon I might actually want to update a contact's details and I'd like it to sync up both with the phone, outlook and backup on MyPhone too!

Any help much appreciated!

Pete

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It sounds like you have set it up to think it has an exchange server to talk to some how. Delete the Microsoft Exchange settings from ActiveSync on your PC, then use ActiveSync to set up the connection again. Is pretty simple - check the help file.

Andy, i am not using Active Sync but Windows Mobile device Centre which from deleting patnership to creating new one, to syncronization does not show EXCHANGE SERVER at all. I cannot uncheck what i cannot see!Right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use ActiveSync and not support Mobile Device Centre - so someone else is going to have to help you.

Good luck

Andy i do not mind installing Active sync if it works on Vista.Does it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Andy i do not mind installing Active sync if it works on Vista.Does it?

with Vista you have to use device centre. I have windows7 with device centre so I'll test later and let you know how mine is setup

Link to comment
Share on other sites

with Vista you have to use device centre. I have windows7 with device centre so I'll test later and let you know how mine is setup

It looks like device centre doesn't automatically setup exchange, you would have had to do it manually by going to device centre, choose mobile device settings and then sync wirelessly with exchange server. Must be some other problem, may be the USB to PC setting that caused problems for my diamond in 6.1 after a while. It had enabled use advanced connectivity or something like that. When I disabled the setting ActiveSync (I had XP at the time) started working normally.

Try Settings > More > All Settings > Connections > USB to PC. Under ActiveSync there is an option to Enable faster data synchronisation. Try unticking that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.