No 3g, Only Edge

Guest kevinwallace

Guest kevinwallace

For some reason all I get on my Nexus is edge in the oklahoma city area but a friend with a g1 does get 3g. Have tried flashing several different radios/roms. Any Advice?

Edited by kevinwallace

Guest qvert
For some reason all I get on my Nexus is edge in the oklahoma city area but a friend with a g1 does get 3g. Have tried flashing several different radios/roms. Any Advice?

did you disabled 3g in the mobile network settings?

do you have a 3g simcard?

Edited by qvert

Guest kevinwallace

It's not disabled. Yes I do, even changed APN's and no luck.

Note: currently running modaco desire rom A19

Edited by kevinwallace

Guest ebrand
It's not disabled. Yes I do, even changed APN's and no luck.

Note: currently running modaco desire rom A19

G3 is not working on these builds

Guest kevinwallace

It actually is supported, After calling everyone I got ahold of someone who admitted that the exact area of OKC i'm in does not have 3g regardless of their service map. For some reason a base with thousands of people on it isn't a good place to have it.

Guest lars1110

have you tried to force 3g mode. type this though im sure youve done it and tell us what happens. while in the dialer do this *#*#4636#*#* and select phone info then scroll down to where it says wcdma prefered to wcdma only. and tell us what happened

Guest kevinwallace
have you tried to force 3g mode. type this though im sure youve done it and tell us what happens. while in the dialer do this *#*#4636#*#* and select phone info then scroll down to where it says wcdma prefered to wcdma only. and tell us what happened

It just kills the network. The next thing is the mms isnt working either, that just made it even more annoying.