[REQUEST] CM 5.x alarm clock 'Alarm requires unlock' with Desire ROM

Guest b0unce

Guest b0unce

First of all, thanks to Paul for all the great work you've been doing with the desire ROMs. You've really made the N1 an amazing phone to play with. A quick question to Paul or anyone who can answer, is there anyway to get the alarm clock from CM 5 and integrate that into the desire ROM (using the online kitchen or pushing apk files even)? I'm a massively heavy sleeper and when the desire alarm goes off I find it way too easy to dismiss the alarm in my half asleep state. In CM mod, you can set an option 'Alarm requires unlock' which if you have an unlock pattern set, allows the alarm to only be turned off after you have entered in your unlock pattern, which makes a world of difference (was late to work twice when using the desire rom =[ ). Anyways, if it's too much hassle, don't worry about it, but if it's easy, please let me know how...

Thanks again Paul, and everyone else in the Android community!

Guest lars1110
First of all, thanks to Paul for all the great work you've been doing with the desire ROMs. You've really made the N1 an amazing phone to play with. A quick question to Paul or anyone who can answer, is there anyway to get the alarm clock from CM 5 and integrate that into the desire ROM (using the online kitchen or pushing apk files even)? I'm a massively heavy sleeper and when the desire alarm goes off I find it way too easy to dismiss the alarm in my half asleep state. In CM mod, you can set an option 'Alarm requires unlock' which if you have an unlock pattern set, allows the alarm to only be turned off after you have entered in your unlock pattern, which makes a world of difference (was late to work twice when using the desire rom =[ ). Anyways, if it's too much hassle, don't worry about it, but if it's easy, please let me know how...

Thanks again Paul, and everyone else in the Android community!

yes in the kitchen select the desk clock option and then unselect the world clock option and then bake that rom and wipe and flash. i think that should give you the old alarm back but im not sure. try it and see.

Edited by lars1110

Guest b0unce
yes in the kitchen select the desk clock option and then unselect the world clock option and then bake that rom and wipe and flash. i think that should give you the old alarm back but im not sure. try it and see.

The stock alarm doesn't have that option only the Cyanogen Mod version does.