Theming your Pulse

Guest Rem1x

Guest Rem1x

Well, that's not where my ADB was, but if that's where yours is, that seems about right!

And as far as I know USB debugging is on by default, so it was on when I did it.

Guest Spooke
Well, that's not where my ADB was, but if that's where yours is, that seems about right!

And as far as I know USB debugging is on by default, so it was on when I did it.

Thanks ;), I will check if its on, just about to deodex my files :)

Just done the Odex, seemed to have worked, rebooting fone now

Edit- Would I have to deodex my files every time i want to apply a new theme, or will it just work in Metamorph from now on?

Edited by Spooke

Guest Spooke

Mmm, i applyed the theme but something Force closed, but it says,

Do u want to restart now etc.

Should I say no and re apply the thme to be safe ? or shall i just restart and see?

Edit- I pressed yes, rebooting now :/

Edit2- It works, looks great, its just a real shame that the clocks black, is anyone working on fixing that?

Edited by Spooke

Guest Daniel Williamson

Just quick question what is ADB ? is it something i need to install ?

Sorry just saw that this once aswered above, but i cant seem to find this Android SDK on my sd card? or ADB for that matter ??

Edited by Daniel Williamson

Guest Spooke
Just quick question what is ADB ? is it something i need to install ?

Sorry just saw that this once aswered above, but i cant seem to find this Android SDK on my sd card? or ADB for that matter ??

Hi, Its not on ur SD Card, U have to go download the Android SDK, then u can follow the steps :), if u need any help just ask me

Heres the SDK, http://developer.android.com/sdk/download....r05-windows.zip

Install it and follow the steps

Edited by Spooke

Guest Spooke
Thanks, Spooke :)

So can i add another theme over this current one without having to deodex the files? or do i have to do the whole thing again? ;)

Guest Daniel Williamson
Hi, Its not on ur SD Card, U have to go download the Android SDK, then u can follow the steps ;), if u need any help just ask me

Heres the SDK, http://developer.android.com/sdk/download....r05-windows.zip

Install it and follow the steps

Okay thanks just dowloading it now :)

Okay so i have it instaled on my computer so do i connect my phone to the pc now ?

Edited by Daniel Williamson

Guest Rem1x
So can i add another theme over this current one without having to deodex the files? or do i have to do the whole thing again? :)

Oh, you can just apply another theme, one thing to take note though is that you might be left with some of the old elements of the old theme. Which can look terrible some times.

Guest Spooke
Oh, you can just apply another theme, one thing to take note though is that you might be left with some of the old elements of the old theme. Which can look terrible some times.

Oh lol, I like this theme, although Its kinda noying not being able to see the clock properly, might look around for some other themes :)

Guest ZsZso

Hi!

First of all, THANKS Rem1x!

Clock is annoying, but HEY! My notification bar is black! :)

Tiny advice:

You should start the batch file with

@ECHO OFF

This way there won't be so many messages. If you want, you could add "ECHO Bla bla" for addiditional output for the users.

Thanks again!

Guest klutsh
It still looks awesome, but my question is sincere; why does it take all those steps?

I really dont know why, I just followed what another user suggested and posted my result's.

Odex = Theme's fail.

No Odex = Themes work.

Maybe Paul will be kind enough to turn Odexing off in the Pulse kitchen.

@ ZsZso:

Echo was left on so that you can see the exact error if any.

Just plain and simple with no extra hassle.

Edited by klutsh

Guest Spooke
Hi i have installed the Android SDK on my computer but unsure what do now ?

Make sure u have the drivers installed for the Pulse, then just follow the guide :)

Guest Daniel Williamson

I think mine has done this but i have only put the one theme on ? doesnt look like the one on the website ?

Guest klutsh
It worked, but some of the icons wernt replaced.. eg. Contacts, Music, Metamorph said they did not exist :)

They are named different to HTC's name scheme, you need to locate the right icon file and adjust the theme file to suit.

I just used bettercut instead

Guest Minus616

Well bugger.

I installed a few themes, trying them out, however i must have installed one not compatible with the Pulse, anytime I boot up I have no status bar and I just get a load of force closes on Android processes. And it wont let me open any apps, I just get flooded with the force close messages.

I did a nandroid backup, so....how do I undo this? :)

Guest Minus616

On a side note, does anybody have a theme with a white clock and black status bar?

I tried the one mentioned earlier but it was still black!

Edited by Minus616

Guest Spooke
On a side note, does anybody have a theme with a white clock and black status bar?

I tried the one mentioned earlier but it was still black!

I dont think its currently possible for us, well until someone finds out how to change the colour :)