Theming your Pulse

Guest Rem1x

Guest Daniel Williamson
The files you need to edit will be in the theme you are using, if your using a custom Launcher you need to edit that instead.

Thanks got to getting it to be green but it was too hard so i have decided to change the g1 logo that the guy above complained about and here it is :) so proud of myself ha ha ;)

I know its not the exact same colour but tried so many times to get the right colour, close though ?

I could ipload the new .png if anyone wants it?

post-621853-1269635959_thumb.jpg

Guest twics
Thanks got to getting it to be green but it was too hard so i have decided to change the g1 logo that the guy above complained about and here it is :) so proud of myself ha ha :P

I know its not the exact same colour but tried so many times to get the right colour, close though ?

I could ipload the new .png if anyone wants it?

post-621853-1269635959_thumb.jpg

Hi how did you get your clock to show up mine is black and hiddon in the notification bar, also please do upload that png id rather that little green man than the G1 logo ;)

Guest Daniel Williamson
Hi how did you get your clock to show up mine is black and hiddon in the notification bar, also please do upload that png id rather that little green man than the G1 logo :)

For the white clock just follow the adjusted instructions on the first page.

And with the pNg you want to mount the phone to your computer then on your pc go to:

Androidthemes>launcher>res>drawable>

Then replace the google_logo image of the g1 with my image and jobs a gudun

Then just un mount apply the espresso theme again reboot and there you go should have it ;)

There is the png file:

post-621853-1269642227_thumb.png

EDIT - not sure how you download it as a png file ill tell you what ill put it in a zip file:

google_logo.zip

Edited by Daniel Williamson

Guest twics
For the white clock just follow the adjusted instructions on the first page.

And with the pNg you want to mount the phone to your computer then on your pc go to:

Androidthemes>launcher>res>drawable>

Then replace the google_logo image of the g1 with my image and jobs a gudun

Then just un mount apply the espresso theme again reboot and there you go should have it :)

There is the png file:

post-621853-1269642227_thumb.png

EDIT - not sure how you download it as a png file ill tell you what ill put it in a zip file:

google_logo.zip

Thanks iv just noticed it was on the OP and also thanks for the png ;)

Guest Daniel Williamson
Thanks iv just noticed it was on the OP and also thanks for the png :)

No problem this is like my first sofrtware contribution to the forum ha.

I also had a play around in paint and change the wifi indicator to green, and also the backround wallpaper on the applications list ;) post-621853-1269642898_thumb.jpg

Guest twics
No problem this is like my first sofrtware contribution to the forum ha.

I also had a play around in paint and change the wifi indicator to green, and also the backround wallpaper on the applications list :) post-621853-1269642898_thumb.jpg

managed to get the clock fixed but i cant find the G1 logo to replace it with your png file, iv looked in the lanucher/ drawable folder I even looked in the framework/ drawable folder but cant find it, im using the ultra-espresso theme I did the APPLY ALL option.

Guest ogiogi
awesome, I'll have to start my list of themes that work soon :)

Yeah. You can put all the themes with screenshots in the first post so everyone can get them easily ;)

Guest Daniel Williamson
managed to get the clock fixed but i cant find the G1 logo to replace it with your png file, iv looked in the lanucher/ drawable folder I even looked in the framework/ drawable folder but cant find it, im using the ultra-espresso theme I did the APPLY ALL option.

Hi i remember now i was looking at files on my computer and ive totally forgotten where i found the g1 logo :S sorry but if you just put it in the launcher drawable on espresso it should still work ? hopefully ha ha

Guest Rem1x
How do you remove a previous theme?

Thanks

These are my thoughts

Reflash(means you have to re-odex)

Make a metamorph of the stock theme

Just put another theme over it.

Guest Daniel Williamson
These are my thoughts

Reflash(means you have to re-odex)

Make a metamorph of the stock theme

Just put another theme over it.

Ahh okay thanks :P

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hi, I followed the tutorial and after I de-obexd, when I restart and im at the home screeen I see I have got a custom launcher (called advanced launcher) even though I didnt install one, is this normal, anyway when I try to apply a theme, when I restart I still got the same look as before, here is a screenshot of what it looks like both before and after trying to apply a theme

post-613162-1269722551_thumb.png

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest Rem1x
Hi, I followed the tutorial and after I de-obexd, when I restart and im at the home screeen I see I have got a custom launcher (called advanced launcher) even though I didnt install one, is this normal, anyway when I try to apply a theme, when I restart I still got the same look as before, here is a screenshot of what it looks like both before and after trying to apply a theme

Yeah, you're meant to get the launcher. What theme did you try to install?

(and screen shot your androidthemes folder, if you can)

Guest Richard_Arkless
Yeah, you're meant to get the launcher. What theme did you try to install?

(and screen shot your androidthemes folder, if you can)

Well I tried all 3 themes that you posted on your "the working metamorph list" thread on here and all of them didnt work in any way and here is a screenshot of what is inside the androidthemes folder

post-613162-1269735410_thumb.png

Guest Rem1x
Well I tried all 3 themes that you posted on your "the working metamorph list" thread on here and all of them didnt work in any way and here is a screenshot of what is inside the androidthemes folder

Wow, that is strange.

You could try de-odex again.

But just to make sure.

Metamorph>Existing Themes>Folder>Theme name.thm>Framework-res.apk>apply it>reset

Guest Richard_Arkless
Wow, that is strange.

You could try de-odex again.

But just to make sure.

Metamorph>Existing Themes>Folder>Theme name.thm>Framework-res.apk>apply it>reset

I tried applying just the Framework-res.apk and nothing changed

i then tried de-edexing it again and still nothing

I also tried doing a restore from a nandroid backup and then trying it and still the same outcome

I guess its that time to start afresh :P

Can I edit vanilla mcr rom and replace the files with the de-odexed versions or is it harder than that

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest xangma

What home screen app is that? Looks interesting.

Guest Rem1x
I tried applying just the Framework-res.apk and nothing changed

i then tried de-edexing it again and still nothing

I also tried doing a restore from a nandroid backup and then trying it and still the same outcome

I guess its that time to start afresh :(

Can I edit vanilla mcr rom and replace the files with the de-odexed versions or is it harder than that

Nandroid>Flash>Wipe

And it will be hassle to replace the files in the rom, so just keep the install.bat handy :P

Guest John Hamelink

For Linux users, to de-odex your pulse, do the following:

• Open up your .bashrc (in your home directory) and append the following, substituting in the correct data where appropriate:
    export PATH=${PATH}:/PATH/TO/ANDROID/sdk/tools
    This allows you to type in adb <whatever>, even if you are not in the directory that adb is in - in the same way you can run vi or cat or any other tool that's in the /usr/bin directory.
  • Download The De-odexed files in the first post: here and extract the archive.
  • Open up a terminal and type in:
    cd <path to the extracted archive>
  • Download this: deodex.sh.zip and extract the shell script into the directory. Type:
    chmod +x deodex.sh

./deodex.sh
    You should see something along the lines of:
    snak3@Panther:~/Desktop/de-odex-MCR-1.7-u8220$ chmod +x deodex.sh 

snak3@Panther:~/Desktop/de-odex-MCR-1.7-u8220$ ./deodex.sh 

404 KB/s (214793 bytes in 0.518s)

1705 KB/s (1309406 bytes in 0.749s)

667 KB/s (80170 bytes in 0.117s)

1926 KB/s (296380 bytes in 0.150s)

snak3@Panther:~/Desktop/de-odex-MCR-1.7-u8220$

(except with lots more of "404 KB/s (214793 bytes in 0.518s)").

Guest Rem1x
For Linux users, to de-odex your pulse, do the following:
  • Open up your .bashrc (in your home directory) and append the following, substituting in the correct data where appropriate:
    export PATH=${PATH}:/PATH/TO/ANDROID/sdk/tools
    This allows you to type in adb <whatever>, even if you are not in the directory that adb is in - in the same way you can run vi or cat or any other tool that's in the /usr/bin directory.
  • Download The De-odexed files in the first post: here and extract the archive.
  • Open up a terminal and type in:
    cd <path to the extracted archive>
  • Download this: deodex.sh.zip and extract the shell script into the directory. Type:
    chmod +x deodex.sh

./deodex.sh
    You should see something along the lines of:
    snak3@Panther:~/Desktop/de-odex-MCR-1.7-u8220$ chmod +x deodex.sh 

snak3@Panther:~/Desktop/de-odex-MCR-1.7-u8220$ ./deodex.sh 

404 KB/s (214793 bytes in 0.518s)

1705 KB/s (1309406 bytes in 0.749s)

667 KB/s (80170 bytes in 0.117s)

1926 KB/s (296380 bytes in 0.150s)

snak3@Panther:~/Desktop/de-odex-MCR-1.7-u8220$

(except with lots more of "404 KB/s (214793 bytes in 0.518s)").

Hey, just added that to the tutorial, hope you don't mind :P

I applied this theme, but it did not work So I restored the nandroid backup. Everything went fine but after i reboot the phone, I can't get the magnetometer to work. It says " abnormal magnetic field detected " even though it is not near any metal

Guest Rem1x
I applied this theme, but it did not work So I restored the nandroid backup. Everything went fine but after i reboot the phone, I can't get the magnetometer to work. It says " abnormal magnetic field detected " even though it is not near any metal

Well, that's an obscure problem to have. I have no idea about that, sorry. Move away from the monitor?