N1 speaker volume way too low

Guest foxof

Guest foxof

A lot of ppl (including me) are complaining about their N1's speaker volume (communication, incoming call, playing video/music, ...).

I've read some posts somewhere else speaking about some tweaks that could be performed into some .csv file into the /system partition. Also, that cyanogen's rom would have performed some improvement in that field. Can somebody confirm?

Can this be retrofited into MCR? If not, what are the tweaks to apply???

Chris

Guest cortez
A lot of ppl (including me) are complaining about their N1's speaker volume (communication, incoming call, playing video/music, ...).

I've read some posts somewhere else speaking about some tweaks that could be performed into some .csv file into the /system partition. Also, that cyanogen's rom would have performed some improvement in that field. Can somebody confirm?

Can this be retrofited into MCR? If not, what are the tweaks to apply???

Chris

looks like there's some recent developments on speaker volume, but i'm currently Android-challenged and don't understand how to tweak/modify/test! guess the best thing to do is monitor the thread for news. Edited by cortez

Guest Paraglider
looks like there's some recent developments on speaker volume, but i'm currently Android-challenged and don't understand how to tweak/modify/test! guess the best thing to do is monitor the thread for news.

I'm testing right now and it's really a little bit louder.

Think more isn't possible till the speaker just isn't better.

But it's ok now.

Guest cortez
I'm testing right now and it's really a little bit louder.

Think more isn't possible till the speaker just isn't better.

But it's ok now.

i know the .ko file can be installed via adb to the /system/lib/modules/. what is the fastboot command to flash zImage? thanks.

Guest robley

i just came over here after seeing the news about a kernal modification to increase the speaker volume! could somebody post some instructions on how to implement it?

thanks

Guest cezent

I actually found my Nexus 1 incredibly loud, and I had to put it on vibration mode almost all the time including in the office (and it is a very noisy office).

apologies if its a bit off the topic here..

Guest tropmonky

Depending on what ring tone it can be quite loud... However phone calls (even a call coming in from another N1) are on the quiet side on this phone. I constantly try to turn the volume up higher only to notice it's already turned all the way up.

That one commercial with the dude in the street talking up the phones built in dual mic system cracks me up. All I keep thinking is "yeah the guy on the other side can hear you great, but you can't hear the person on the N1 in that noisy environment, LOL"

Guest Paraglider
i know the .ko file can be installed via adb to the /system/lib/modules/. what is the fastboot command to flash zImage? thanks.

fastboot flash zimage zImage-2.6.33.1

Edited by Paraglider