Nandroid, corrupt?

Guest DrewW

Guest DrewW

I appear to have an issue with Nandroid backups. I have had good updates in the past, but anytime I do a backup now and attempt to restore that backup, I get an infinite loop on start (based on the looping going on in the logcat).

Any tips on fixing this? I've done many wipes and a fresh install using WaveSecure to restore my data rather than attempting to root my phone and using Titanium Backup. No matter of wiping makes my new backup points work.

I appear to have an issue with Nandroid backups. I have had good updates in the past, but anytime I do a backup now and attempt to restore that backup, I get an infinite loop on start (based on the looping going on in the logcat).

Any tips on fixing this? I've done many wipes and a fresh install using WaveSecure to restore my data rather than attempting to root my phone and using Titanium Backup. No matter of wiping makes my new backup points work.

update to Amon RA 1.7.0

Guest joelee

Last night, I did a Nandroid + ext backup with RA 1.6.2 on my Desire A19 ROM and did a full wipe to install Cyan 5.0.5.3 ROM (to see what is in it). I, then, did another full wipe and a Nandroid restore of the Desire A19 back to my N1. Works perfectly without any problems.

Did you try a full wipe before restore?

update to Amon RA 1.7.0

1.7.0's SD Partitioning only supports Cyan 5.0.5 A2SD. For all other ROMs, we still need 1.6.2.

Guest DrewW
Last night, I did a Nandroid + ext backup with RA 1.6.2 on my Desire A19 ROM and did a full wipe to install Cyan 5.0.5.3 ROM (to see what is in it). I, then, did another full wipe and a Nandroid restore of the Desire A19 back to my N1. Works perfectly without any problems.

Did you try a full wipe before restore?

1.7.0's SD Partitioning only supports Cyan 5.0.5 A2SD. For all other ROMs, we still need 1.6.2.

Yes I did a full wipe prior to restoring and tried to backup after wiping. I have to flash a Rom after restore to get a useable phone.