27/May r2 - Desire Camera application on Nexus One (MCR/CM/Enomther)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Breece

I kinda have a solution... Installed SDrescan which does what it says ;-) GPS tags are shown after i scan the sd card... Any ideas what is going on?

Guest panthar

I learned, after a similar issue, that the tagging appears to happen in the background. A little while after I took my photos, I opened gallery again and they had locations attached.

I kinda have a solution... Installed SDrescan which does what it says ;-) GPS tags are shown after i scan the sd card... Any ideas what is going on?

Guest Breece
I learned, after a similar issue, that the tagging appears to happen in the background. A little while after I took my photos, I opened gallery again and they had locations attached.

Read that yes, but does not work for me...

Guest adgeek

thanks a lot paul great work.

only one thing: i'm in CM 5.0.5.3 it is posible to have one version that work with flash for videos. i tested nexus one torch and lampu, both doesn't work on video mode with the desire camera.

Edited by adgeek

Guest Breece

Just did a complete reinstall (with wipe) and the only way to see the geotags in the gallery is to either:

open the SD card with a program like Astro or use SDrescan...

It is not that big of a deal, just wanted to give some feedback :P

Guest grb5521

I installed the latest version on top of CM 5.0.5.3, and seem to have lost 3G/HSDPA data. I've got a reasonably strong signal, and I'm seeing "3G" in the status bar, but data doesn't work at all, eg. Browser immediately says "Web page not available" and there is no upload/download activity.

I don't have wifi at my current location to test whether that is working, but is this related to the problem of wifi not working after installing?

has anyone else seen this? should I cook a custom CM ROM with the Desire camera app instead?

Guest EvilS4

hey guys. First post on here. Love the forum and all the kitchens.

I flashed your Cyan rom from the kitchen with the Desire camera selected. But than i went to go use the camera a couple days later and it kept force closing. So i downloaded this update and flashed it and now the camera works, but none of the pictures i take show up in the gallery.

Any help would be appreciated!

-Adam

Guest nitroboost
Yes, it is possible to get this working on a stock ROM. I can pretty easily make a 'stock ROM package'...?

P

If it's not too much work, this would be awesome ;)

Guest Docmjldds
Any update for CM 5.0.6?

Thanks Paul

Below is my N1 setup and I decided to flash the camera update to see if it would work. It does. I did have to reload the specialized diet kernel I'm running

but no problems here.

[Rom] Cyanogenmod 5.0.6-N1-test3

[build]EPE54B

[Kernel] 2.6.33.2-psyq_diet_avs_850mv_oc

test@ubuntu #97

[Recovery] RA-1.7.0

Guest dunbor

Paul, is it possible to change the names of the pictures to "date time" as in the stock camera app? The pics end up all the way back in the gallery instead of up front, so you have to scroll a while to get to the pic you just took (if you have taken many pictures). Also I think it is a good naming convention so you easily can sort and find pics you have taken.

Regards,

B

Guest HalfSight

I hope we see an update too this soon, please oh please. it takes the best pics. I may just go back to 5.0.5.3 just so I can run the desire cam and helix launcher.

Guest linysh

The desire camera didn't work when I update to CM 5.0.6 . After I try to reflash it in recovery mode ,the Nexus one could not startup properly ,had to restore nandroid .

When should we can use the desire camera in CM 5.0.6 ?

Guest DistortedLoop
Added update zip for camera on CM 5.0.6!

P

Any changes here other than making it compatible when flashing from recovery? (I saw your tweet yesterday about some improvements for the cam.)

I think a lot of us have already running Desire cam on 5.0.6 by just reflashing the kernel (or our overclock/undevolt kernel of choice) after installing the cam. :huh:

Guest dunbor

Sorry for repeating the question again Paul but is it possible to change the names of the picture files to "date time" as in the stock camera app? The pics end up all the way back in the gallery instead of up front. Also I think it is a good naming convention so you easily can sort and find pics you have taken.

(no one else find this to be annoying / a problem??)

Guest Breece
Sorry for repeating the question again Paul but is it possible to change the names of the picture files to "date time" as in the stock camera app? The pics end up all the way back in the gallery instead of up front. Also I think it is a good naming convention so you easily can sort and find pics you have taken.

(no one else find this to be annoying / a problem??)

+1 :huh:

That would be awesome...

Guest KroFF

hello,

does anyone else have the problem with the desire camera capturing with a lot less fps than stock?

with the stock camera my videos at 720x480 are all 25fps, with the desire camera 800x480@14fps and 640x480@18fps

are there any tips and tricks to rise the fps?

thnx

kroff

Guest dexack

Hi Paul, great work, one problem I'm having is with the Desire camera app, when r2 is flashed my wifi doesn't work, tried with CM and MCR and I have to use r2 because the one baked in the kitchen FC's. Any idea?

Guest katiepea

hello, first post here, i actually just got my nexus one a few days ago, blackberry convert. besides the general awe of how rad android is, it's great to see communities and people like this, this is why i came over. anyway, did a nandroid backup, flashed over cm 5.0.6, seems to be working perfectly, wifi works, i can't get anything to error, the only thing that i think is maybe weird is that gallery doesn't seem to zoom properly, could just be me, and the naming/organization is a little sucky, but again, thats no big deal, and clearly already reported, just wanted to say thanks and works great! :huh:

Guest unknownweirdo

Fantastic work on the app! i love the camera. however, i'm not quite prepared to give up all the quick snap options in other apps (like seesmic and 3banana). any chance you'll package it as a seperate installable app? is this even possible? I know it could never end up on the marketplace, but i'd buy something like that in a heartbeat. none of the cam apps in the marketplace come even remotely close.

Edited by unknownweirdo

Guest fakeyfakerson

hey, lately this app has been force closing on me, i can't even get it to open. after i reflash it from zip i need to reflash the kernel otherwise i get no wifi. then everything seems to last ok for a day or two before the camera becomes inoperable again. i didn't have this problem with the 5.0.5 version.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest focus1

Would love the Desire camera on my Froyo, really fond of it & still prefer it to the stock camera on Froyo. Wish I would take the time to start learning all this myself. Until then, Paul please port it, thanks for your time! :rolleyes: