Sip Apps and Desire Rom

Guest briangnyc

Guest briangnyc

Has anyone had any luck with SIP Apps (Sipdroid, SipAgent, etc.) on the N-1 with Desire rom? I pretty much use Sipdroid with the Cyan Rom and it has been pretty reliable. After installing the Desire Rom I noticed that incoming SIP calls are delayed quite a bit. Basically I use a google voice number that forwards to a PBX number and you only have approx. 3 rings (30 seconds) before GV Voicemail will intercept the call. Unfortunately there is no way to adjust the 30 second limit with google voice. With the Desire rom I miss calls because it does not seem to get the call through to Sipdroid in time and goes to voicemail.

I am no expert in the ways of SIP, but it does seem that the Desire Rom somehow holds up the call. I will eventually receive the ring but it is after the fact and the call has already gone to voicemail. Fring seems to work the best with the Desire Rom but the voice quality (not rom related) with Fring is so so. It does however ring through right away.

Wondering if anybody has been experiencing this issue. My APN settings are correct and I experience this over wifi and 3g and suspect this has something to do with maybe a power saving setting that shuts off the wifi or 3g to save power?

If anybody has a suggestion that I can try it would be most appreciated!

I love this rom and thank you Paul for all your hard work!

Guest apetzinger
Has anyone had any luck with SIP Apps (Sipdroid, SipAgent, etc.) on the N-1 with Desire rom? I pretty much use Sipdroid with the Cyan Rom and it has been pretty reliable. After installing the Desire Rom I noticed that incoming SIP calls are delayed quite a bit. Basically I use a google voice number that forwards to a PBX number and you only have approx. 3 rings (30 seconds) before GV Voicemail will intercept the call. Unfortunately there is no way to adjust the 30 second limit with google voice. With the Desire rom I miss calls because it does not seem to get the call through to Sipdroid in time and goes to voicemail.

I am no expert in the ways of SIP, but it does seem that the Desire Rom somehow holds up the call. I will eventually receive the ring but it is after the fact and the call has already gone to voicemail. Fring seems to work the best with the Desire Rom but the voice quality (not rom related) with Fring is so so. It does however ring through right away.

Wondering if anybody has been experiencing this issue. My APN settings are correct and I experience this over wifi and 3g and suspect this has something to do with maybe a power saving setting that shuts off the wifi or 3g to save power?

If anybody has a suggestion that I can try it would be most appreciated!

I love this rom and thank you Paul for all your hard work!

I use Sipdroid with asterisk and Desire rom, and all ok.

No delay and other issues.

Thanks

Guest briangnyc
I use Sipdroid with asterisk and Desire rom, and all ok.

No delay and other issues.

Thanks

Good to know, thanks! At least I know someone is having success so it's most likely my PBX causing the problem.

Thank you :-)