[WM6] get GSM neighbors cells info

Guest vietsuper

Guest vietsuper

Hello experts,

I always wonder if there's any way that we can get the informations (id, phone signal strength, bcch ...) from all the surround cells in Windows mobile 6 (with C#/C++ on my HTC touch HD). With RIL, we can only extract the info of current cell, but not the neighbors.

I'm inspired by this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=610759

However without the code i still haven't figured how did he extract the values of the 6 towers...

Base on the research i've done, it seems impossible to get the real neighbors cell ID, however i'm really interested in the phone signal strength, bcch... that are possible to get. (as fieldtest.exe or what the above thread demonstrated)

Any idea would be precious to me, thank you very much

Guest magicruby
Hello experts,

I always wonder if there's any way that we can get the informations (id, phone signal strength, bcch ...) from all the surround cells in Windows mobile 6 (with C#/C++ on my HTC touch HD). With RIL, we can only extract the info of current cell, but not the neighbors.

I'm inspired by this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=610759

However without the code i still haven't figured how did he extract the values of the 6 towers...

Base on the research i've done, it seems impossible to get the real neighbors cell ID, however i'm really interested in the phone signal strength, bcch... that are possible to get. (as fieldtest.exe or what the above thread demonstrated)

Any idea would be precious to me, thank you very much

my phone is sonyericsson . when I press *585*0000#, then I can enter the tech mode, and I can get the information of GSM channel, GSM neighbors, GSM AMR, GpRS, GSM WCDMA neighbors and so on. but I'm not sure that the way of your phone enter the tech mode is the same as mine.

I got some data from the tech mode

for example:

GSM channel

B 26 17 1 -79 19 19

460 00 4243 20 1

---- -- - -- - ---

----- 474/454

-79 - -- - -

I donot know exactly about the data. Anyone knows, please tell me. I will appreciate...

Guest vietsuper
my phone is sonyericsson . when I press *585*0000#, then I can enter the tech mode, and I can get the information of GSM channel, GSM neighbors, GSM AMR, GpRS, GSM WCDMA neighbors and so on. but I'm not sure that the way of your phone enter the tech mode is the same as mine.

I got some data from the tech mode

for example:

GSM channel

B 26 17 1 -79 19 19

460 00 4243 20 1

---- -- - -- - ---

----- 474/454

-79 - -- - -

I donot know exactly about the data. Anyone knows, please tell me. I will appreciate...

My HTC touch HD don't have engineeringMode, therefore i'm trying to figure a way to access by code C with RIL_DevSpecific, does anyone ever try this or have a document related to it ?

Thank you very much

• 1 month later...
Guest pc18
My HTC touch HD don't have engineeringMode, therefore i'm trying to figure a way to access by code C with RIL_DevSpecific, does anyone ever try this or have a document related to it ?

Thank you very much

Hi Vietsuper,

I'm working on a HTC HD2, and I am trying to get pretty much the same info. neighbour BCCH carriers and their received signal strengths. Indeed, not only RIL does not offer info on the neighbour cells, but I keep getting ZEROs in all fields returned by RIL except the cellID, MCC, MNC and LAC.

Did you find a way with RIL_DevSpecific?

Thanks

Guest pc18

Thank you very much

Did you try FieldTest? *#*#364#*#*

• 1 year later...
Guest modernherakles

Did you try FieldTest? *#*#364#*#*

actually fieldtest programm get this neighboor cell rxlevel however riltest program getting only first and strongest base station cell id and its rxlevel. IS there any way to get this data or any improve would be great.

By the way, in Ril(Radio interface layer) Beside all this there is this data on Rilwrapper (Timing advance data, neighboor cell id etc) but how to get it like *#364#* or fieldtest used to like that. May be ril_dev specific is a solution but i dont get it Ril_devspeccific how to work :( Any ideas?

Edited by modernherakles