[ROM] Xian v1 (LiquidE)

Guest xian1243

Guest android76

Use the Mms.apk of the version 0.4. Use adb push to install it on the version 0.5

and you can push the Music.apk and the DeskClock.apk from the Evil D rom v2.00r1 to have transparent widget :P

(sorry for my bad english)

Edited by android76

Guest amosquito

Does anyone encounter the same problem with me in V4.0?

docs to go -> "device not supported"

account and sync-> instant reboot

Guest botolo
Does anyone encounter the same problem with me in V4.0?

account and sync-> instant reboot

With other roms you need to wipe to solve the problem.

Guest simoneser

Another bug: downloaded new Weather Widget 5.0, but it's crashing. Same problem for SMS

I've flashed twice the bin, wiped...but nothing :P

Otherwise it's a very good rom

Guest vsg2000

@Xian I think this is the faster ROM i tryed untill now but SMS doesn't work, Touch InPut crash and some icones on the home screen vanishing when you reboot the system. Please fix this bug in your next 0.6

Guest simoneser

Uhm...yesterday i modified your update zip deleting and editing some stuff and i had some crashes...(sms, weather widgets)

Now i wiped and installed the original update.zip and i don't have anymore these bugs....

EDIT- After some minutes, and after editing settings and logging in Market with my google account, now SMS app FCs...same problem :P I don't have installed any app or desire theme, only editing settings...

Edited by simoneser

Guest simoneser

Trying your for some hours, and i confirm that is great. I've improved some thing (two android keyboard, deleted HTC_Ime's one and replaced with XDA's (i think that is better if you don't include it and let the user decide if install or not linking the xda's discussion :( ),mms crashing (unfortunately i've replaced it with original one, so it's still slow, etc.) and it's great.

Also, you've done a fantastic job on the audio. I've tried with my old Sennheiser and it's really really better than before. The volume is only quite low and there are still a bit lack of bass, although it is much better than before :P

@Endamaco: FC is Force Close

Edited by simoneser

Guest xian1243

Hey guys. :P Im commuting home, I already have a plan to fix the 0.5. Ill release v0.5b tonight. :( @simoneser ill crank up the bass, in next revision. Mms.apk and IME bugs are my fault, some bad files slipped in... the mms.apk (no more fc) loads just as fast as before. As requested, ill make HTC IME optional, and Ill also clean up the theme.(i noticed a bug with the progress bar, cut animation). Im typing from my liquid... so please excuse any grammar mistakes. :(

Edited by xian1243

Guest goa200
Hey guys. :P Im commuting home, I already have a plane to fix the 0.5. Ill release v0.5b tonight. :( @simoneser ill crank up the bass, in next revision. Mms.apk and IME bugs are my fault, some bad files slipped in... the mms.apk (no more fc) loads just as fast as before. As requested, ill male HTC IME optional, and Ill also clean up the theme.(i noticed a bug with the progress bar, cut animation). Im typing from my liquid... so please excuse any grammar mistakes. :(

Once again xian awesome work your doing here. Using your rom

Guest eppyramot

Very nice ROM!

I travel regularly between two countries and am too lazy to switch SIM cards (plus i need to get v-mail etc) so I have a liquid and a Nexus One (which I normally use during the week). With this ROM it is the first time i do not feel I am downgrading performance or otherwise using the liquid vs the Nexus One (the Desire-like eye candy helps too). And while the sound on the Nexus One is still better, with your audio hack i think i can use the liquid as an mp3 player as well.

Thanks to xian1243!

I can't get wired or wireless tethering to work yet. (on nexus one i can only get wireless to work).

Guest Liquidini
Hey guys. :P Im commuting home, I already have a plan to fix the 0.5. Ill release v0.5b tonight. :(

yupiiiiiiii :(

thanks xian

Guest ahsid

I had to go back to the my personal tweaked rom, the 0.5 ver. is a bit too buggy for me. I hope the b ver. will get rid of these FC's. Thanks anyways for your work, can wait to test the sound hack you did.

Guest xian1243

Guys, I just got home. :P I'm investigating the FCs, and trying to improve the frequency response on the liquid, just a bit more. :(

Okay guys, HTC_IME should be fixed (now optional), I'm fixing sync, making sound better, fixing MMS (I didn't have any problems, but cleaning up a bit, just in-case). Any more bugs to report before I upload tonight?

Edited by xian1243

Guest simoneser

Great!

Ah one thing for next roms (in addition to brightness and contrast option for the camera):

games like Asphalt5 are really really slow, can't you do anything?

and can you fix Nexus One LW?

:P

Guest xian1243

This new .bin has broken OpenGL libraries, so there's not much I can do about that for now... The Nexus One LW is broken for the same reason. When we get a new leak, I'll immediately port my mods, and get you some GL goodness. :P

Guest simoneser

Understood.

Thank you

PS: Can you edit the thread title? Go on first post, then in the right down corner click Edit>Full edit and then rename title

:P

Edited by simoneser

Guest xian1243

I was wondering on how to do that... :P Thanks for the tip. I can't believe I didn't see that...

BTW, I'm redoing the kernel image, so expect apps2sd in v0.5b

Guest simoneser

Wow :P

Ah, last thing:

can you replace the original Acer dialer with the AOSP one? I find that it's quite buggy (FCs when you call a number dialed with "T9" and always sync from sim card).

Sometime ago i did an update for the old 0.004 rom that skins some apks. You can find it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ech21m2mmtg . There's also HTC skinned WyContacts (AOSP dialer) .See if there's something good in it :(

Edited by simoneser

Guest xian1243

I can put in WyContacts, Nexus Dialer, whatever you guys want. Vote? :P

Guys, the WyContacts was compiled for Cyanogen... The contact list is will be messed up on our Liquids... since the frameworks aren't compatible. I'll get the contacts from latest N1 ROM.

Edited by xian1243