[ROM] Omnia II feat. HTC Sense 2.5

Guest enrico988

Guest Vlad69
Hey guys, I want to share my latest work ;)

post-619680-1270026888_thumb.png post-619680-1270026937_thumb.png post-619680-1270026952_thumb.png post-619680-1270026966_thumb.png

Customizations:

-HTC Sense 2.5.20121225 from HTC Rhodium.

-LZX compression (more archiviation space)

-Power On/Off animation (credits to emse_186 @ xda)

-GoogleMaps 4.0 (for MyLocation service)

-MoDaCo NoData

-Condor GT Black Edition Theme (credits to El Condor @ xda)

-Ameba Service (Fixes app closing button - credits to xTep @ xda)

-SoftReset App

-HTC StartMenu Grid font

-Performance is HIGH by default

-Disabled Security Check

-SDK Certs

-All T9 languages preserved

Removed: Connected Home, Dice, DigitalFrame, Facebook, Youtube, Midomi, VideoEditor, SmartSearch, SmartReader, SmartMemo, UnitConverter, Qik, SmartSync, SharePix, Podcast, all games, all wallpapers and ringtones (except Samsung Tune and Cloudy Tone), MSN Weather & Money, Welcome Center (Getting Started).

EZinput not included, cause it's not fully compatible, so I kept Samsung Keypad

Memory: about 215MB (Erasing CSC) of archiviation and 70MB of free ram (with Sense enabled, but no weather or wallpaper animation), ~65MB (with all animation enabled)

Known Bugs:

-VideoCall doesn't work--> possible fix: use samsung dialer.

Change this valued: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin] "ext"="\\Windows\\SECDialer.dll"

IMPORTANT:

- Use Octans 2.14 or newer. Flash at your own risk.

- If you flash CSC you'll have original Samsung power on/off animations, so I suggest to Erase CSC Data in Octans

DOWNLOAD: Part1 <-> Part2

Update 7th April: First FIX pack (attached in 2nd post) fixes:

-HTC Album: in fullscreen view, some text was mirrored.

-Comm.Manager: WiFi button didn't work.

-XT9 Dictionaries: word suggestion didn't work.

Credits:

-Ginkage & ChainFire for the OpenGL v1 dll (great)

-rodrigofd and wes who initiated customized ROM project

-Sorg for his dump tool

-NooBody for his Album and Music tab Fix

-jackyaway for his precious help

-wes for his simply great romTool

-Italian forum HDblog for its support and its friends

Hope I didn't forget anybody ;)

EnjoY!

Any way to have HTC Messaging instead of the Samsung?

Guest Albertri
Any way to have HTC Messaging instead of the Samsung?

yep how to enable HTC messaging?

This is a pretty good ROM ;) I've used Rodrigo's ROM and both are good but this is nice as it's running on 6.5.5 ;)

Guest ov2rey
yep how to enable HTC messaging?

This is a pretty good ROM ;) I've used Rodrigo's ROM and both are good but this is nice as it's running on 6.5.5 ;)

can't wait for next build!

Guest enrico988

For sure I'll update the rom with JD1 ;)

But on 19th I'll have an exam, so I don't have so much time to work on this rom right now ;)

Guest willis111

But on 19th I'll have an exam, so I don't have so much time to work on this rom right now ;)

perhaps you could release your kitchen? that would be awesome to have a chef or two release their full kitchen so the rest of us having trouble with wes tool can see exactly how they're set up. seems a bit different then the htc kitchens i'm used to.

Guest williamwong

Good luck!

Guest ov2rey

good luck.. so u will release jd1 build before ur exam or after ur exam?

Guest Lenny76

Hi Enrico!

I think I've found a problem. I set the PDA to disconnect data connections after 2minutes no packet. But it doesn't disconnect.. ;)

Have everyone try it?

Thanks a lot

Guest Ordinary

the idea of using samsung sms is nice because HTC messaging is always giving alot of trouble , even you disable it using the "htc messaging disable tools" u will still have troubles

like , cant MMS , sometimes message cant send or receive .

so i suggest to stick with the samsung sms .

my GPS is not working .. garmin cant seems to find any satellites , any idea and solution ?

Guest nobody01

Dear My Friends,

I cannot set up wallpapper as the first page of this topic??? It is black and black only, althrough I install all CAB file as page 1 ???

Can someome help me?? TKS!!!

Guest sioppao

from the home page

menu > home wallpaper

btw, i'm still using this PDA, though the rest is already JD1, still the best solution for me while waiting for enrico to update this.

some suggestions enrico:

1. remove the task switcher app, and replace it with HTC Task Manager

2. remove the cube and the main menu app

looking forward to your next release

Guest NikAhmad

Hi Mr Enrico,

Good luck to you for your great ROM. Can you pleased add 95% application from HD2, like mr rod Leo2 ROM like sms, mms, keyboard ez input, calculator, previously i am htc user and great love to their software. My omnia ii untill today still cannot run Garmin XT, stop during ' i agree' term. Any idea how to get video call & you tube function. Tqvm

Guest ov2rey
Hi Mr Enrico,

Good luck to you for your great ROM. Can you pleased add 95% application from HD2, like mr rod Leo2 ROM like sms, mms, keyboard ez input, calculator, previously i am htc user and great love to their software. My omnia ii untill today still cannot run Garmin XT, stop during ' i agree' term. Any idea how to get video call & you tube function. Tqvm

garmin XT is not working too!

Guest Vlad69
Nice! but there is one slight problem here.

From your screenshots, you are using HTC's dialer. So, with the dialer does the video call function work? I had to move away from rfd's LEO2 FUSION ROM as video call is not working on that ROM (HD2's dialer doesn't support video call as the phone itself does not have a front camera)

A really nice try, but there are still problems:

-Samsung Messaging is still there instead of HTC's or WM6.5

-Swype keyboard overlaps with the menues

-Internet Explorer does not start

-Cant seem to get the same look and feel as shown on the photos for the buttons below and wallpaper.

... small things here and there...

But this is great idea. HTC Sense has a much better GUI then Samsung will ever be.

Guest Vlad69
Nice! but there is one slight problem here.

From your screenshots, you are using HTC's dialer. So, with the dialer does the video call function work? I had to move away from rfd's LEO2 FUSION ROM as video call is not working on that ROM (HD2's dialer doesn't support video call as the phone itself does not have a front camera)

This ROM from April 7th is a nice try, but still not without problems. This is what I've found:

- Internet Explorer does not start

- there is Samsung Messaging instead of HTC's or WM6.5

- Swype overlaps with WM 6.5 menue buttons

... small things here and there need tuning and fixing.

Having a fully working HTC Sense on i8000 is something worth paying money for. Please support the developers here to produce a good product.

Guest sioppao

right now after trying the not-so-fantastic samsung widgetplus for a day i went back to enrico's sense ROM. optimized it using the latest c0okie home tab + editor 1.7 (although sense hangs when i try to change the homescreen items). the lockscreen looks awesome now after the tweaks, disabled weather animations and clockflipping to hide the sluggishness of sense in samsung, OC'd using S3clock as well with significant improvement (tapping on any settings item takes a lesser time).

hopefully there will be more improvements. i think there is a lot of potential with it because when you first launch sense (without weather, etc.) it runs quite fast!

Guest Mr.HackLove
using JD1 rom with sense 2.5 was faster compare older rom, JD1 rom was very nice

Please advise, what rom ver. and sense you are using?

Guest enrico988

Hey guys, sorry for the absence ;)

As I said, this week is very busy for me but I'm trying to find also the time to work on the rom. I hope after the exam I'll give a final rush and release it ;)

As I said, this week is very busy for me but I'm trying to find also the time to work on the rom. I hope after the exam I'll give a final rush and release it ;)

Work well for the exam + exam results good = good rom :P Success in the exam ;)

Edited by Ceco

Guest Screaming

Good luck with exams, Enrico!

Anybody knows how on this WM version to set default keyboard?

I installed swype, I select it while typing anything all ok; but after reset everytime Samsung keyboard becomes default. I can't find "Input Method" on this version of WM ;)

Also, Is there HTC messaging app. in cab for our phone anywhere around?

Edited by Screaming