[ROM] Omnia II feat. HTC Sense 2.5

Guest enrico988

Guest sesser

nice ROM! great peace of work, ive installed GTX theme and some addons and its stunning, i love manilla, i love the htc dialer and so on, but... :P i got only 35Megs of RAM left, and unfortunatly when i was using SPB + MobileSence i had ~50mb free (with PhoneEx, S2U2 and some other stuff running in RAM) and its was much more faster, responsive and usable...

Guest francis_fds

Great ROM. Just flashed and performance seems real snappy. Havent tested much yet. Would really be nice to see a 23544 build with JC2, so alongwith having such a lovely ROM, also can be upto date with technology.

Thank you Enrico, wonderful job. Thank you for your efforts.

Guest enrico988
Hey~ I just realised that after I receive sms from other people, the HTC message tab miraculously appears in the phone dialer contacts interface (the interface with contact details, events, facebook, call log etc)!! However, the sms input is buggy. It doesnt work if I use PlumSIP with dictionary. Without dictionary (or samsung keypad) it works but the text box for sms is not aligned properly and weird. It would be great if this could be fixed. Anyway thanks for all the work, everything else is fantastic!!!

I found I've not include for error all dictionary except english and italian one. I'll try to do a fix

Hello enrico988

Can i ask you something ???

Did you use the ameba i am right ???

With version ??? Did you use the newer version 0.8 ????

Thankssssssssss

Ameba 0.7 I think, not the latest version of 31th march.

Great ROM. Just flashed and performance seems real snappy. Havent tested much yet. Would really be nice to see a 23544 build with JC2, so alongwith having such a lovely ROM, also can be upto date with technology.

Thank you Enrico, wonderful job. Thank you for your efforts.

I'm glad you all like it :P

Edited by enrico988

Guest francis_fds

Hi Enrico,

Am trying to install custom lockscreens from here -

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...efault-screens/

- but post installation, after the phone reboots, even the default windows slider lockscreen disappears and only the bottom unlock button comes up, like in the old windows versions. Could you kindly advise me how would it be possible to install these custom lockscreens?

Thanking you,

Francis

Guest lqbweb

To fix the problem with the turn on wifi button on settings pannel edit the following key and let it as:

HKLM\Software\HTC\CommManager\WLAN

DeviceName: {several numbers}\SWLDM201

Another things: HTC alarm doesn't work, doesnt sound....

WIFI_On_Demand should be on the next version under my point of view

Guest enrico988
If I install the new version will work properly or will I have a problem;;;

I think you can install it without problems.

Hi Enrico,

Am trying to install custom lockscreens from here -

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...efault-screens/

- but post installation, after the phone reboots, even the default windows slider lockscreen disappears and only the bottom unlock button comes up, like in the old windows versions. Could you kindly advise me how would it be possible to install these custom lockscreens?

Thanking you,

Francis

I didn't try custom lockscreens, I'll give a look when I'll have some free time.

To fix the problem with the turn on wifi button on settings pannel edit the following key and let it as:

Thank you for the WiFi fix..

About the alarm, try to change ringtone, it worked for me!

Guest avantgarde280

thks...wifi can switch on now...:-)

Guest avantgarde280

thks...wifi can switch on now...:-)

Guest francis_fds

Been using this ROM since evening and have had no problems whatsoever. Just to reiterate once again, fantastic piece of work. Everything seems to be working great and entire feel is snappy, like I said earlier. Thank you Enrico.

Guest wymonsoon

nice done. Have tried.

Some bugs when switch between landscape mode and portrait mode.

Also a little laggy, but improves a lot.

Guest Faidz Jalil

Hi there,

I flashed the pda part alone and checked erase csc..but upon startup, my phone is stuck at the align screen page. Anything I did wrong?

Guest francis_fds

Hi,

An observation -

Battery drainage seems to be very high. My phone generally goes without charge upto 3 days. But post flashing got discharged within 14 hours.

Testing again today, whether same behaviour is repeated.

Edited by francis_fds

Guest enrico988
It won't update my Location using GPS. Any idea?

-Geert

Did you enable A-GPS? Or try to update your location using internet connection.

will you cook a ultra lite rom?

For now I don't have so much time, in future maybe yes.

Hi there,

I flashed the pda part alone and checked erase csc..but upon startup, my phone is stuck at the align screen page. Anything I did wrong?

Try to reflash, anybody encountered this issue.

Hi,

An observation -

Battery drainage seems to be very high. My phone generally goes without charge upto 3 days. But post flashing got discharged within 14 hours.

Testing again today, whether same behaviour is repeated.

Yes it is. It's due to performance profile set to HIGH and to Sense itself which is heavy processor/ram eater.. We have to live with :P

Guest bearandfox

at frist ! thx 4 ur great rom!

there are some bug that i find . plz fix them.

1. when i get the rotation of screen , some things wrong go with sense 2.5

2.why does it have so many same icon in the samsung main menu ??

post-644349-1270392356_thumb.png

post-644349-1270392367_thumb.png

post-644349-1270392380_thumb.png

post-644349-1270392394_thumb.png

post-644349-1270392405_thumb.png

Guest enrico988
at frist ! thx 4 ur great rom!

there are some bug that i find . plz fix them.

1. when i get the rotation of screen , some things wrong go with sense 2.5

2.why does it have so many same icon in the samsung main menu ??

Thank you for trying :P

So:

1. Yes, Sense 2.5 (maybe this version) crashes when using it in landscape, so just don't use.

2. Just remove multiple icon and replace with other apps. When I'll have some time I'll work on a new version, but in this period is very hard to find time :(

Guest Danung

I use GTX Theme but background's quality is really bad. It has green dot appear on the place that supposed to be lights. How can i handle with it.

Guest enrico988
I use GTX Theme but background's quality is really bad. It has green dot appear on the place that supposed to be lights. How can i handle with it.

Yeah I tried it but unfortunately it seems to be optimized for "true" Sense 2.5 (on HTC phones).

At least you can try the HQ wallpaper patch for 2.5.2012, but I can't assure you the result..

Guest bearandfox
Thank you for trying :P

So:

1. Yes, Sense 2.5 (maybe this version) crashes when using it in landscape, so just don't use.

2. Just remove multiple icon and replace with other apps. When I'll have some time I'll work on a new version, but in this period is very hard to find time :(

maybe you can remove all of the main menu because this rom has a litter big! wait for your lite rom!thx again!

Guest Danung
Yeah I tried it but unfortunately it seems to be optimized for "true" Sense 2.5 (on HTC phones).

At least you can try the HQ wallpaper patch for 2.5.2012, but I can't assure you the result..

I tried the patch. The result is the same. Thank for suggestion. Anyway, Your rom is great. I love it.

Can you suggest me what theme that suit with your rom? i starting hard reset now because of the result of GTX Theme.

Guest enrico988
I tried the patch. The result is the same. Thank for suggestion. Anyway, Your rom is great. I love it.

Can you suggest me what theme that suit with your rom? i starting hard reset now because of the result of GTX Theme.

I use standard Manila with CondorGT theme. You can try this, but I didn't test on my rom.

Cya.

Guest midimal

Besides mentioned above s HTC Sense 2.5 is running on Omnia2 (for my needs) simply too slow :P

Edited by midimal