Run .deb on Nexus One, for running the iphone psx4iphone.deb on the nexus

Guest Iacopo91

Guest Iacopo91

As the topic title, I had an idea: porting the app psx4iphone.deb from iphone to nexus one. It is a .deb file because it is distribuited in Cydia, and not in AppStore.

This app is a playstation 1 emulator and I think that our nexus one is able to emulate playstation too.

So i'd like to "port" this app .deb to our nexus one.

Searching in google i found the file: psx4iphone download

I found also that someone created a modded firmware for G1 for using .deb apps: run debian files on G1

So anyone that now if exist an emulator for psx? or know how to run .deb files on nexus one?

Sorry for my english, i'm not very good in english!!

I'm waiting for an answer... byez!! :P :(

Guest ludo218

Well, you understand that running a Debian shell and running a graphical linux application is somewhat different... right ?

Furthermore, cydia just use the same package management as Debian, it doesn't means that the files inside a deb file are compatible with Android (as they are compiled for the iPhone, which is a completely different architecture)

Edited by ludo218

Guest Iacopo91
Well, you understand that running a Debian shell and running a graphical linux application is somewhat different... right ?

yes, i just find how to install debian OS on the nexus one, but i'd like to run a graphical linux application on Android OS, do you understand?

i'm not very good in english, it's difficult for me to express what i think... :P :(

i'd like to run a .deb app in Android OS

Guest ludo218

If I zip a Linux program and unzip it in Windows, it won't run. It's the same thing for deb files...

Debian is TOTALLY incompatible with applications distributed with Cydia : they just use the same package manager

Edited by ludo218

Guest Shuflie
ok, so does exist a way for porting a cydia app in android OS?

You need to get the source code for it, translate it into java and get it to do everything using the Android SDK, simple enough for a Hello World type program but not so easy for something like an emulator.

Guest Iacopo91
You need to get the source code for it, translate it into java and get it to do everything using the Android SDK, simple enough for a Hello World type program but not so easy for something like an emulator.

ok i understand... thank you very much byez

Guest perdurabo

No, he needs to learn what he's talking about. And then he needs to learn to code.