Pre-installed apps from 1010?

Guest tal82k

Guest tal82k

I got my Acer Liquid yesterday, and rooted it yesterday. I have not yet changed roms because I don't have access to a computer running windows at the moment. I was customizing a bit, and restarted the phone to find that there were many apps that I had not installed! Also, my apn was switched from ATT in the US to 1010 (in Hong Kong). I switched the apn back, but the apps remained. They are 1010 settings, MyNet, Customer Services, Invest Pro, Finance, and others. In fact there is a second app drawer labelled 1010, and filled with these apps. It seems that they are all just bookmarklets or something because when I open them, it opens a browser, but it can't open the page it was looking for. However, one of them is always running in the background and if I kill it with Taskiller, it just comes back! I have tried uninstalling both through the applications settings (there is no option to uninstall them) and through Advanced Task Manager (it says Uninstall not succesful).

Does anyone know where these came from or how to get rid of them? Should I care?

Guest tal82k
delete stock app and reset to factory

I already tried to uninstall the Invest Pro app, and it didn't work. Factory reset is great but it doesn't deal with where did these come from?

Guest fantong
I already tried to uninstall the Invest Pro app, and it didn't work. Factory reset is great but it doesn't deal with where did these come from?

As I remember, when I using GEN2 rom, I delete some stock app in /system/app and do a factory reset, these preinstalled app will gone.

you can post your apk list in your /system/app

adb shell ls /system/app