Creating a GoldCard

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jullejul
How to create a GoldCard

This guide explains how to create a GoldCard. A GoldCard is a special SD card which, when inserted into your device, allows you to flash RUU files with a different CID to your own device. For example, if you own a T-Mobile branded device, this will allow you to flash a generic ROM.

Requirements

• Spare microSD card
  • Windows PC (recommended)
  • ADB (part of the tools folder of the SDK, available for download here
  • HxD Hex Editor, available for download here

• Format the microSD card to FAT32 format.
    • Put the microSD card in your device and boot it.
    • Ensure you have unzipped the SDK, then open a command prompt to the extract location. Change to the 'tools directory.
    • Enter 'adb shell cat /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:*/cid' and press enter. You should get a very long number which looks like this: 532600bd227d9c0347329407514d5402.
    • Visit this page, paste in your number and reverse it. In our example the result would be 00544d5107943247039c7d22bd002653.
    • Visit this page, enter your reversed number and create your goldcard image, which will be e-mailed to you.
    • Open the HxD hex editor. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, you must run the application as administrator.
    • Go to the 'Extra' menu and select 'Open Disk'. Under physical disk, select Removable Disk (your microSD card), uncheck 'Open as Readonly' and click OK. Note that you should select physical disk NOT the logical disk. This is important!
    • Go to the 'Extra' menu again and select 'Open Disk Image'. Open the goldcard image that you received by email.
    • You should now have two tabs - one is your removable disk, the other is your goldcard image. Press OK when prompted for 'Sector Size' (selecting 512 (Hard disks/Floppy disks)) and click OK.
    • Click on the goldcard image tab. Go to the 'Edit' menu, choose 'Select All' then select the 'Edit' menu again and select 'Copy'.
    • Click on the 'Removable Disk' tab. Highlight offset (line) 00000000 to offset (line) 00000170 (including the 00000170 line), then click on the 'Edit' menu and select 'Paste Write'.
    • Click on the 'File' menu and select 'Save', accepting the warning.

You now have a goldcard! :huh:

P

Thanks to MiSSigNNo!

pls help http://www.ladda-upp.com/bilder-a/why_why-873.PNG why dosent it work

post-623495-1272650363_thumb.png

Guest jullejul
How to create a GoldCard

This guide explains how to create a GoldCard. A GoldCard is a special SD card which, when inserted into your device, allows you to flash RUU files with a different CID to your own device. For example, if you own a T-Mobile branded device, this will allow you to flash a generic ROM.

Requirements

• Spare microSD card
  • Windows PC (recommended)
  • ADB (part of the tools folder of the SDK, available for download here
  • HxD Hex Editor, available for download here

• Format the microSD card to FAT32 format.
    • Put the microSD card in your device and boot it.
    • Ensure you have unzipped the SDK, then open a command prompt to the extract location. Change to the 'tools directory.
    • Enter 'adb shell cat /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:*/cid' and press enter. You should get a very long number which looks like this: 532600bd227d9c0347329407514d5402.
    • Visit this page, paste in your number and reverse it. In our example the result would be 00544d5107943247039c7d22bd002653.
    • Visit this page, enter your reversed number and create your goldcard image, which will be e-mailed to you.
    • Open the HxD hex editor. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, you must run the application as administrator.
    • Go to the 'Extra' menu and select 'Open Disk'. Under physical disk, select Removable Disk (your microSD card), uncheck 'Open as Readonly' and click OK. Note that you should select physical disk NOT the logical disk. This is important!
    • Go to the 'Extra' menu again and select 'Open Disk Image'. Open the goldcard image that you received by email.
    • You should now have two tabs - one is your removable disk, the other is your goldcard image. Press OK when prompted for 'Sector Size' (selecting 512 (Hard disks/Floppy disks)) and click OK.
    • Click on the goldcard image tab. Go to the 'Edit' menu, choose 'Select All' then select the 'Edit' menu again and select 'Copy'.
    • Click on the 'Removable Disk' tab. Highlight offset (line) 00000000 to offset (line) 00000170 (including the 00000170 line), then click on the 'Edit' menu and select 'Paste Write'.
    • Click on the 'File' menu and select 'Save', accepting the warning.

You now have a goldcard! :huh:

P

Thanks to MiSSigNNo!

help http://www.ladda-upp.com/bilder-a/me_sad-670.PNG

Guest carl0s
[*]Enter 'adb shell cat /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:*/cid' and press enter. You should get a very long number which looks like this: 532600bd227d9c0347329407514d5402.

[*]Visit this page, paste in your number and reverse it. In our example the result would be 00544d5107943247039c7d22bd002653.

I think you might have made a typo on the reversing hex number (00 should be 02 at the start) ?

Guest msdl28712

cant seem to get my card to show up Under physical disk. shows in logical even when run as admin.

any advice cheers

Guest msdl28712
cant seem to get my card to show up Under physical disk. shows in logical even when run as admin.

any advice cheers

managed to sort it did it on my older laptop with xp on showed up as physical

Guest chinana
Not sure how many others this may be of use to, but I was having some troubles running the command:

I was getting a directory not found error, so decided to try and manually traverse the directories and spot the problem.

Looks as though on the Legend (or maybe just my phone, I don't know) I didn't have an mmc1 folder, but an mmc0 one instead.

By substituting mmc1 with mmc0 I managed to get my gold card apparently up and running.

Hope that's helpful to at least one other person out there...

hi Nimmo,

thanks lot for ur comment. im facing the same problem as urs.. so glad to have ur post for me to try...

i spends hours on the mmc1..

haha... thx lot ... really appreciate it.. ^^

thx thx

Guest s.t.s
The http://revskills.de/pages/goldcard.html link is "dead": You get redirected to a page where you can download a tool named PSAS. PSAS/Trial includes a feature to generate Goldcards for various phones, but NOT the Desire. Seems like those of us that came in late are out of luck for the time being.

I have just found this too - I gather that you could create a gold card for the Legend for instance and it would still work fine, however, you have to buy PSAS to do this. Is there any other way to achieve this as I would rather not shell out the 30€ for just one gold card.

Cheers

Guest iSiDoRoS

oh come on! what bullshit is this with the Phone System Analysis Software?? I can't see Desire on the goldcard menu and when i select Legend it says that i have to buy the full version!! I'm not going to buy this software to root my phone! I'd better wait forever Google to issue an update enabling aps2sd. Let's find another way to make a goldcard..

Guest iceatcs

If it was manual generator goldcard, then I'll totally understand for PSAS team to remove it, because there must be a very long queue of emails for require free goldcard for many HTC android phone. It is highly there will be marriage suicide if you are stuck all those emails.

It could be one of the mobile network ask them to remove, I bet it is one of UK network cos they have some of very smartass lawyers around.

Hope there will be solve in some way asap.

Guest Loccy
oh come on! what bullshit is this with the Phone System Analysis Software?? I can't see Desire on the goldcard menu and when i select Legend it says that i have to buy the full version!! I'm not going to buy this software to root my phone! I'd better wait forever Google to issue an update enabling aps2sd. Let's find another way to make a goldcard..

Not that I've tried it, but can you select G1? The old free service used to declare itself to be a G1 goldcard generator - so one assumes that there's no difference.

Guest habibas
I have contacted the PSAS team asking to buy or licence their online goldcard generator code.

P

you are the man paul

Guest 42turkeys
Not that I've tried it, but can you select G1? The old free service used to declare itself to be a G1 goldcard generator - so one assumes that there's no difference.

You CAN select G1 but it says you have to have the full version.

Good work Paul for trying to sort this out! :huh:

Guest Resrever

Hey all

First, thanks all for your works and ,of course, particularly to Paul.

My question now : is it a way to test a Goldcard before engaging root process ?

Thanks

Guest suhong
Oh no, this IS a problem! :huh:

P

Windows said that I have unapprociated accessed to the file. What does that means? and for the PSAS (works on my XP comp) it does not seems to generate the code for HTC Click/ HTC Tattoo

Guest starchildx

how do i know if i have a carrier rom or a generic rom ?

i bought my desire at the o2 store in germany. the bootscreen is from htc and there is no o2 program on the phone.

Edited by starchildx

Guest sparkzzz

I have a little question.

Me being a daftie, & struggling to make my original Goldcard, I cannot remember which card out of my 5 I used, lol

Is there any way to check which one it is without actually flashing a rom as I have my Desire set perfectly, but would like to have the Goldcard for future use.

I have used the hex editor to put the code I received onto my cards, but everyone will take the image file, & reboot correctly so figuring it out that way has not worked. I go as far as pressing the confirm button to flash the rom over my existing, but then wimp out. It's all OK to this point. Would it fail before here if the card was incorrect.

Cheers people, Shane

Guest 42turkeys
Hey all

First, thanks all for your works and ,of course, particularly to Paul.

My question now : is it a way to test a Goldcard before engaging root process ?

Thanks

No, but if you do the root and you don't have a goldcard it will fail at step 1 with Unknown Custom ID then just reboot your phone and nothing would have changed.