Google Voice issue with Desire port

Guest Jason Mudd

Guest Jason Mudd

I have had this issue with all versions of the Desire port for the Nexus One- Google voice works, i can set gVoice for the voicemail, but it will not call out from my Google Voice number. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!

Guest navy Guy

never mind figure it out. i ues att for calls but not google

I have had this issue with all versions of the Desire port for the Nexus One- Google voice works, i can set gVoice for the voicemail, but it will not call out from my Google Voice number. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!

how did you set up google voice? i go to phone setting and look at VM service..it only has "My carrier", not google. what version are you using? Edited by navy Guy

Guest sftechiegirl

I cannot change my voicemail to Google Voice nor can I use GV to make outgoing calls.

never mind figure it out. i ues att for calls but not googlehow did you set up google voice? i go to phone setting and look at VM service..it only has "My carrier", not google. what version are you using?

Guest Jason Mudd

Initially if i try to set the vmail, it says it cannot change it. However if i go to call settings and select "google voice", and then while it is processing, hit the home key to exit out, it will change. I dont know how accurate this is. I dont ever use the phones actual number, i only use google voice.

When i make a call, it acts like it is accessing gVoice, but then goes to the normal HTC dialer and dials out from the phones number.

This was on the r20 that was released yesterday.

Guest igotnexusone
Initially if i try to set the vmail, it says it cannot change it. However if i go to call settings and select "google voice", and then while it is processing, hit the home key to exit out, it will change. I dont know how accurate this is. I dont ever use the phones actual number, i only use google voice.

When i make a call, it acts like it is accessing gVoice, but then goes to the normal HTC dialer and dials out from the phones number.

This was on the r20 that was released yesterday.

I believe this is a problem in GV app.

The same thing happens on the Sprint Hero 2.1 based roms.

Check out XDA cdma hero forum

some people have fixed by downgrading to the 2.x version of GV

Guest Victor Bello

True, I just fixed the same issue.

Uninstall the version 0.3 of Google Voice from your phone. Get the 0.2 version from http://goo.gl/MN4T and install that one. It started working right away after configuring it.

Good Luck.

Guest JonnyRockets
True, I just fixed the same issue.

Uninstall the version 0.3 of Google Voice from your phone. Get the 0.2 version from http://goo.gl/MN4T and install that one. It started working right away after configuring it.

Good Luck.

Is there no way to call out using Google Voice using the latest version??

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ksc6000

Thank you guys!!!! I was gonna un install the desire ROM had i not found this thread. I make all my calls through Google voice.

Guest JonnyRockets

Having to use a very old version of Google Voice is somewhat annoying. Has anyone else figured out how to make the most recent version work with Desire alpha21?

Guest seamonkey420

this never fixed my issue with the desire rom r21 and being able to set google voice as the default voicemail setting in call settings.

how about others? the older version of GV does not allow full android implementation (ie no optoin to choose it as the voicemail carrier)

thanks

• 2 months later...
Guest crislau

somehow I made the mistake of upgrading to v4 of Google voice. Now, my GV # does not show up when I make outbound calls (caller ID shows my mobile # instead - not what I want). I tried uninstalling v4 of the GV and re-install v2. However, when I tried to login to GV during setup, I keep getting an error of "We were unable to get a hold of the subscriber information.", then GV quits. I never had this problem before when I downgraded from v3. Any suggestions/thoughts on getting around this?

Thanks!