Mantaining multiple Nandroid backups

Guest DarthRazor

Guest DarthRazor

Hi,

I am currently using Cyan 5.0.5.3 actively as my main ROM but I am enticed by Modaco Desire Rom for Nexus One. Although I have installed it I miss the bluetooth.

So I was wondering If I can maintain two nandroid backups at same time one for my Cyan 5.0.5.3 and another of Modaco Desire and then switch between them intermittantly.

Thanks

Guest Zephyron

sure u can, after u do the nandroid, go into your nandroid folder and add either CM for cyanogen or D for desire at the front of each nandroid backup so you know which is which. then its only a matter of going into recovery and wiping then flashing the rom of ur choice

Guest DarthRazor
sure u can, after u do the nandroid, go into your nandroid folder and add either CM for cyanogen or D for desire at the front of each nandroid backup so you know which is which. then its only a matter of going into recovery and wiping then flashing the rom of ur choice

Cool, Thanks for the response.

Guest AndyCr15

Don't both these ROM's use Apps2SD in a different way? Does that effect it?

My understanding is Cyanogen just uses Apps2SD on the 'main' partition instead of Ext2? In which case I guess it shouldn't matter, except I have to install Apps each time on both ROM's independently?

I wouldn't mind taking a look at Cyanogen's latest, like DarthRazor, I don't like having Bluetooth issues :P

Guest igotnexusone
Don't both these ROM's use Apps2SD in a different way? Does that effect it?

My understanding is Cyanogen just uses Apps2SD on the 'main' partition instead of Ext2? In which case I guess it shouldn't matter, except I have to install Apps each time on both ROM's independently?

I wouldn't mind taking a look at Cyanogen's latest, like DarthRazor, I don't like having Bluetooth issues :P

try rom manager from the market - started using it yesterday and it kicks ass