WM 6.5 ROMs Expiring

Guest fuzzer

Guest fuzzer

I got a notification pop-up this morning that my version of windows mobile will expire 30 days from 05/01/2010....

using Lioryte Base V23518 with MS Voice, TellMe & Office cooked in

Is there a solution? Or other cooked ROMs with the timebomb removed. I really like 23518 because of the "conversation" mode for email, and finger friendly menus....

Guest thekevster

you can try a different build. all versions of 235xx have the threaded email and office 2010 unless the chef has removed them in their ROM. i find 23541 to be the most stable build i've used so far.

Guest rfarrah
I got a notification pop-up this morning that my version of windows mobile will expire 30 days from 05/01/2010....

using Lioryte Base V23518 with MS Voice, TellMe & Office cooked in

Is there a solution? Or other cooked ROMs with the timebomb removed. I really like 23518 because of the "conversation" mode for email, and finger friendly menus....

Been running 28232 for a few weeks now. No issues; very fast. But no threaded email (which I am a-ok with).

Guest robertjm

If you really like the ROM you're running then you might want to hold off flashing it just yet. Lioryte said they were going to build a patch .cab to defuse the time bomb. It was supposed to be posted sometime today, but may not have realized today was Easter Sunday.

I imagine it will be posted in the next few days sometime. The time bomb goes off on 5/1/10, so there's plenty of time yet.

Robert

I got a notification pop-up this morning that my version of windows mobile will

using Lioryte Base V23518 with MS Voice, TellMe & Office cooked

Guest robertjm

In case you haven't notice, the patch process apparently didn't work, so Lioryte has created a version 3 of this ROM. It's based on 23551, which did not have the time bomb in it.

Unfortunately, since it's not a patch you're going to have to flash the phone again.

Good luck!!

Robert

Edited by robertjm