Recovery Problem

Guest Mike Blitz

Guest Mike Blitz

Probably just me being a fool but I unlocked the bootloader and installed amon-ra recovery but when I type "adb boot recovery" in the cmd prompt it does just that but loads up with an android and an exclamation point.

Should I try the first steps again?

I was using this guide.

Here

Edited by Mike Blitz

Guest fabiocampos
Probably just me being a fool but I unlocked the bootloader and installed amon-ra recovery but when I type "adb boot recovery" in the cmd prompt it does just that but loads up with an android and an exclamation point.

Should I try the first steps again?

I was using this guide.

Here

U got some error when flashed recovery?

Guest fabiocampos
You mean when I flashed amon-ra no everything went perfect.

Try turn on phone press volume down --> choice recovery --> press power button.

Guest lars1110

hmm thats odd but i normally type adb reboot recovery

but it shouldnt matter

turn your phone off

when its off hold the trackball down and press the power button till you see a white screen with words

highlight the bootloader option and tap the power button then let it sit for 10 or more seconds. it will scroll quickly a few words just ignore it

then highlight recovery and tap the power buton if your amon raws recovery image then your good to go if not try to reinstall amon raws recovery image 1.6.2 or 1.7.0

ra-nexus-recovery-image.png

Guest Mike Blitz

Well thanks for your quick replies guys, yeah I managed to install cyanogen 5.0.5.3 but now I get the nexus one startup just repeating itself.

LMAO

I feel so silly right now.

Guest Mike Blitz
Well thanks for your quick replies guys, yeah I managed to install cyanogen 5.0.5.3 but now I get the nexus one startup just repeating itself.

LMAO

I feel so silly right now.

Did a wipe and reboot working fine.

Guest lars1110
Did a wipe and reboot working fine.

cool im glad you got it to work lol. but for future reference whenever switching to a different rom you have to wipe but lets just say you were on cyanogen rom v 5.0.3 and 5.0.4 came out you dont need to wipe unless it tells you to. have fun with your new rooted phone

here are my recomended rooted apps

nexus one torch

wave secure

wireless/wired tether for android

root explorer.

have fun

best regards

-lars bragdon

Guest fabiocampos
cool im glad you got it to work lol. but for future reference whenever switching to a different rom you have to wipe but lets just say you were on cyanogen rom v 5.0.3 and 5.0.4 came out you dont need to wipe unless it tells you to. have fun with your new rooted phone

here are my recomended rooted apps

nexus one torch

wave secure

wireless/wired tether for android

root explorer.

have fun

best regards

-lars bragdon

I agree :P