Flashing CC20 --> CF03 - can't get it to work

Guest Takarin

Guest Takarin

I've searched the forums, but my Google-Fu isn't sharp today...

I'm having a heck of a time trying to flash my Omnia from CC20 to CF03. I've tried four or five different 'tutorials', to no avail.

I've tried the UMDL route, but UMDL never detects the device. I've tried the Verizon upgrade software, but (again) is never detects the device after the reboot. I was finally able to get the Verizon software to work by changing the compatibility settings to "Vista 32-bit SP 2". I've tried XP Mode too. That didn't work, but at least I have XP and VM on my machine now.

I have "Allow USB Connections" UNchecked, and I've toggled the ActiveSync settings on the phone.

I was able to to flash to CC20... this has me very frustrated.

I appreciate any help.

Guest necosino

Change activesync to allow USB connections, and then connect your phone. In Win7 (not a VM) let it download and install the i910 drivers and then let Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) open. Just click "Don't register" and "continue un-configured or whatever the option is.

Then go ahead and disconnect your phone, and change activesync back to not allow USB connections, and try flashing with UMDL again.

Guest Takarin
Change activesync to allow USB connections, and then connect your phone. In Win7 (not a VM) let it download and install the i910 drivers and then let Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) open. Just click "Don't register" and "continue un-configured or whatever the option is.

Then go ahead and disconnect your phone, and change activesync back to not allow USB connections, and try flashing with UMDL again.

I followed your directions and it worked perfectly. (I don't know what I was doing before...). With UMDL started, and the phone connected, I hit the soft reset button, and UMDL found the device. Thanks!