Any new abou 2.1 update?

Guest ilbulgaro

Guest ilbulgaro

Benocharm on twitter says that today there would have been an ota update in the nordic european countries.....anyone have some news about this or anything else?

Guest Binario77

Just had a look on the Swedish, Norwegian and Danish sites on the HTC website and nothing looking remotely new on any of them.

Guest ilbulgaro

benocharm from twitter:

A swedish user on a swedish android site is reporting he got something similar to a OTA, the name of the zip is mikil_clear.zip, im working on getting it!

I lost m hope....but we need to hope....

Guest paaland

I'm Norwegian with a Norwegian carried and I've heard nothing. As far as I know there are no carriers with branded Hero's in Norway either. You just buy a plain un-branded, unmodified Hero from any shop you like and insert a SIM from any carrier you like. That's why I find the whole story about the OTA update here a bit untrustworthy.

Guest Olatho

Not sure it is related, but my Hero (with MoDaCo rom) has been acting strangely the whole day (in Norway).

Yesterday it was fine, and I have had no such problems before. But today it is rebooting by itlself (3 or 4 times so far today), Sense is FCing, some apps are not starting, When I exit other apps, I get to a black "htc"-screen (same as when the phone boots?), I lose network connection (3G) all the time and so on.

I have also tried to manually turn the phone off and on again, but the problem persists. It is probably not related as I said, but it feels a bit suspicious that this happens today, when an update is rumoured to be released...

Guest Rubber Ducky
Not sure it is related, but my Hero (with MoDaCo rom) has been acting strangely the whole day (in Norway).

Yesterday it was fine, and I have had no such problems before. But today it is rebooting by itlself (3 or 4 times so far today), Sense is FCing, some apps are not starting, When I exit other apps, I get to a black "htc"-screen (same as when the phone boots?), I lose network connection (3G) all the time and so on.

I have also tried to manually turn the phone off and on again, but the problem persists. It is probably not related as I said, but it feels a bit suspicious that this happens today, when an update is rumoured to be released...

Late 1st April joke from your phone?

No offense.

Guest Olatho
Late 1st April joke from your phone?

No offense.

None taken.

But it seems like it was a local problem... Must have been some dirt on my screen that was picked up by the touch-sensors. After wiping the screen really well with i damp clotth the problem went away, and everything is fine again.

:P

Well, well. Still waiting for the famouns 2.1-update then...

Guest Mike Beecham

This about 5 mins ago from HTCHeroBlog on Twitter:

RT @benocharm: A little update on the Hero 2.1 OTA, the first OTA was pushed out for internal testing today, meaning to HTC employees....

Make of it what you will, I still dont think we have anything near as stable and quick as Paul's 3.2B5 ROM. What it DOES mean, however, is that OTA might be a possibilty after all, I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Guest DyingStar

My sources tell me:

* Nordic countries, Greece, Russia, Ukraine, Saudi Arabia - April 2

* T-Mobile UK - April 16

* Orange UK - April 16

* Orange Spain - April 16

* T-Mobile Germany - April 16

* Orange France - April 22

* Vodacom South Africa - April 22

* Hutchison 3G UK - April 22

* Belgium - May 4

* Turkey - May 4

* T-Mobile Poland - May 10

* T-Mobile Hungary - May 10

* T-Mobile Macedonia - May 10

Guest Olatho
My sources tell me:

* Nordic countries, Greece, Russia, Ukraine, Saudi Arabia - April 2

There is still one hour left of april 2. here in the noridc.

But I guess the others are already starting to see the start of 3...

Guest Kalle Falter

Hi Guys,

I'm here since MCR 2.2, sitting quietly in the back enjoying Paul's ROMs :( But all the 2.1 hype carried me away as some others and I too was cheating on Paul.... and went back to 3.2...

But now, before I go back waiting quietly for MCR4, here are my 50cent:

I have problems believing any of this, now... I mean, any ROM has leaked a few days before it's official release. I consider my Hero special, but I guess it's not so special (for HTC) that the GSM Hero 2.1 would be a release with no leak before (we sure haven't bought Apple crap). What I still hope/believe is, that when it finally comes out it will kick ass in way of performance and functionality... and it should after having us wait so long (was it really that long?).

So, there will be a leak, some nice day when no one expects it, and we all will be happy and soon forget this time of waiting... until the next Android Update is released and the needle returns to the start of the song :P

Guest Dr. dre
I have problems believing any of this, now... I mean, any ROM has leaked a few days before it's official release. I consider my Hero special, but I guess it's not so special (for HTC) that the GSM Hero 2.1 would be a release with no leak before (we sure haven't bought Apple crap). What I still hope/believe is, that when it finally comes out it will kick ass in way of performance and functionality... and it should after having us wait so long (was it really that long?).

Dude same here, even I consider my Hero special but I'm sorry to say but when Hero 2.1 comes out it gonna all be the same as the many 2.1 ROM with Sense UI are available like the legend ROM and many other, but still hopes are there that it will kick some ass when it is out.

Guest Alastyr
This about 5 mins ago from HTCHeroBlog on Twitter:

RT @benocharm: A little update on the Hero 2.1 OTA, the first OTA was pushed out for internal testing today, meaning to HTC employees....

Make of it what you will, I still dont think we have anything near as stable and quick as Paul's 3.2B5 ROM. What it DOES mean, however, is that OTA might be a possibilty after all, I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Released for testing for HTC employees, meaning its not done, still in beta, but just closer to release.

As in, I've heard this for alot of months already! :-P

Still no updates from Norway.

Guest NervGaz

OTA's will begin in the Nordic region on the 16th according to the release schedule from HTC, although they will still not give any dates officially...

Guest DarthOps
OTA's will begin in the Nordic region on the 16th according to the release schedule from HTC, although they will still not give any dates officially...

Just curious, will the OTA nature of this release cause problems in getting modaco 4.0? will we still be able to extract all the necessary stuff and have Paul work his magic?

Guest NervGaz

not a dev, but i'm assuming the roms can be dumped and stuff extracted and fixed from there

Edited by NervGaz

Guest cezent

I say May is a better bet, its been what? 6 month since they first mentioned an update is on the way?

Anyway I think Paul is away for the next two weeks..