Updating to 1.15.405.4 / Generic'ifying your T-Mo handset

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Season_Bay

Trying to install RUU_Bravo_hTC_Asia_HK_CHT_1.01.832.1_Radio_32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2_test_132015

exe and with Gold Card I keep getting Boot loader version incorrect/error (its in chinese so its my best translation...)

any idea?

Guest yogi_bear

Please can someone help I have created gold card (twice 2 different SD cards)

Downloaded correct ROM but as soon as I try and update about 30% in I get ERROR 131 Customer ID Error.

This is driving me insane please can someone help.

ORANGE UK DESIRE

I just wanna get all this Orange stuff off and get a nice generic ROM

Guest Curfish
I'm assuming I won't lose my apps/data as it's just an update of the ROM.

You'd assume wrong as the process is a rom replacement not and upgrade. you will lose all apps etc

Guest ascito

I flashed this ROM on my Desire No Brand (from Expansys.it) that cames without Italian language, but only English and Franch. I hoped to have also Italian with this ROM, but I found only English and Franch once again. How can it be? I wouldn't use MoreLocale trick...

THX to all for your replays.

Edited by ascito

Guest jimborae

I have an interesting problem, kind of. Bought my phone second hand as supposedly unlocked & debranded but on boot up it after the HTC logo I get the Virgin Media logo, not really an issue though. Anyway the problem is when I switch the phone off and then switch on again it boots up fine to the home screen and then it will reboot itself and carries on doing this. i.e. boot up to home screen then reboot again continuously.

To get out of this reboot loop I have to remove the sim & boot the phone with no sim in it then switch off and insert my normal Vodafone phone sim and switch on again. after that the phone is fine until I power down and then the same thing happens.

Anybody else experienced this or got any ideas?? It came with 1.15.405.4 firmware already installed and I have tried reflashing with the same firmware from this thread using the goldcard method & it worked but the problem remains. When the sim registers on the network is when the reboot loop seems to start. :-)

Guest Psychedelic84

Hi there,

I'm completely new to android but I plan to buy a branded htc desire (t-mobie germany) this week and I'd like to intstall the generic ROM. Now I have three questions:

1. Does this ROM support german language?

2. Can I "trust" this ROM? I mean, is it possible that this ROM (or others, which are available) contain some unwanted features (like trojans or other malware)?

3. Can someone tell me what is the diffrence to this ROM I found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=653490 ? And why IS there a difference, when they both should install the latest generic version? Which one should I prefer?

[edit]: ok I found the difference, one is version .3, the other .4 ^^

Thanks!

Edited by Psychedelic84

Guest wesbar

This is doing my head in now!! Keep getting the 131 error mentioned earlier. Tried 3 different SD cards now and it's the same every time. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks.

I've just done this to remove the T-Mobile branding from my desire and everything worked perfectly. However I've noticed that multi-touch is no longer working, e.g. pinch to zoom. Anybody else have the same problem or am I just being stupid and merely need to amend a setting somewhere?

Guest sihaworth

I'm a complete noob to Android (i'll add a "new here" post soon!) but could someone clarify whether flashing/de-branding the Desire will keep the Sense UI?

Edited by sihaworth

Guest irishandrew
I'm a complete noob to Android (i'll add a "new here" post soon!) but could someone clarify whether flashing/de-branding the Desire will keep the Sense UI?

Yes it will - the ROM that is being flashed is the HTC Generic ROM for the Desire, Sense UI & all. There is currently no non-Sense ROM for the Desire.

-andrew

Guest munkimatt
I'm assuming I won't lose my apps/data as it's just an update of the ROM.

You'd assume wrong as the process is a rom replacement not and upgrade. you will lose all apps etc

Damn... debranding wiped my phone. thanks for the warning... erm nobody...

...hmmm...

Guest sihaworth
Yes it will - the ROM that is being flashed is the HTC Generic ROM for the Desire, Sense UI & all. There is currently no non-Sense ROM for the Desire.

-andrew

Brilliant! Thats exactly the answer I was hoping for.

Seems to be no downside to this procedure at all. Expecting delivery of mine tomorrow (if Royal Mail can bring themselves to deliver to a neighbour seen as I'm at work), so will post results.

Guest munkimatt

I've got the SKD and everything on the work PC and I can use adb devices so I'm pretty sure that's installed right. I run the RUU, it reboots the phone to a HTC logo. The RUU times out while 'waiting for bootloader' and goes to Error 171.

Any ideas?

Guest h00pyfr00d
I've got the SKD and everything on the work PC and I can use adb devices so I'm pretty sure that's installed right. I run the RUU, it reboots the phone to a HTC logo. The RUU times out while 'waiting for bootloader' and goes to Error 171.

Any ideas?

Ebay?

:-)

Guest munkimatt
Do you have full admin access to your work pc? might be worth diabling the virus checker see if that blocking anything

I'm fairly sure that's the issue now you mention it. I'll try again from the home PC. Cheers.

Guest thewrs

Hi,

Just letting everyone know i've successfully generic'ified my new orange branded HTC desire handset.

Worked a treat! Didnt need two microSD cards ( I just worked with the one included in the box ).

Looking forward for a root, thanks!