What this Nandroid Backup?

Guest peterx666

Guest peterx666

What is this Nandroid backup I keep hearing about???

Cant find it on my phone or in the marketplace

Was looking for a backup program that would backup to my 16G SD card is this the bestone?

Pete

:P

Guest malez
What is this Nandroid backup I keep hearing about???

Cant find it on my phone or in the marketplace

Was looking for a backup program that would backup to my 16G SD card is this the bestone?

Pete

:(

nandroid backup is a tools that allow you to backup all your important files to you sdcard. It can backup your system, your data, your boot image, and so on.

It is included in malez recovery.

So it allow you to restore your phone in the state it was when you did the backup. You can compare it with with norton ghost on pc.

For example if you want to modify or upgrade your system and you want to be sure you will take any risk.

Boot in recovery mode

Create a nandroid backup

Make any modificatiion you want on your system

If your system crash, you just have to restore your nandroid backup to restore your phone in its previous working state.

Hope its clearly enough :P

Edited by malez

Guest Liquidini

i want to ask a noob question too :P

1)when you make a nandroid backup does it also backup the rom?lets say i have 2.000.16 rom and make a nandroid backup.

if i use acer tool and put the new leaked 2.1 rom then i i restore the nandroid backup i will have the 2.000.16 rom?

2)what is dalvik/data wipe that we have to do before installation of new rom? data wipe is factory reset. but dalvik wipe?

Guest Piter1225
i want to ask a noob question too :P

1)when you make a nandroid backup does it also backup the rom?lets say i have 2.000.16 rom and make a nandroid backup.

if i use acer tool and put the new leaked 2.1 rom then i i restore the nandroid backup i will have the 2.000.16 rom?

2)what is dalvik/data wipe that we have to do before installation of new rom? data wipe is factory reset. but dalvik wipe?

It backups everything, but not radio, so u will have 2.000.16, but without GSM working

Guest Liquidini
It backups everything, but not radio, so u will have 2.000.16, but without GSM working

so i have first to use acer tool to flash again the 2.000.16 rom and then do the nandroid restore.

thanks peter.

about the dalvik cache wipe?