any one try the 0.0008.06 bin ???

Guest hoici

Guest nikjensie

Really?... I've been using mine for a little more than 24 hours now, coming from LCR 1.2.3 and as far as 2.1 ROM goes

it's dang fast! Stable... no reboots, fast dialer and so on...

The only thing that slowed it down a tad is the live wallpaper... but I can live without it... or with a bit of lag...

//Nik

Guest audiobastard

yeah, my problem is more serious than just a bit of lag. Slow dialer, slow contacts, slow to home screen from browser, everything is just really slow. It gets to the point where it just freezes. Its literally, not useable. I'll try reinstalling the bin tonight and make sure that I actually did a full wipe, factory reset. BTW i'm coming from 1.2.3. as well.

Guest linuxluver

I installed using Acer Download Tool. No problems.

I flashed malez recovery v0.4.3. No problems.

I rooted it with malez recovery, root option 1.

All works fine.

Marjet view isn't the full market, but I had backed up the protected apps anyway... so no problwm in the short term.

I didnt flash evild. I wanted to see what the rooted base ROM was like.

Guest Yuking
Hi Nik,

can you tell me which superboot you're using?

Tried Paul's, didn't worked. At the moment I only have Malezrecovery-0.4.3 installed

I installed Malez recovery-0.4.3, adb remount does not work and I can not push apks to the phone.

Any idea?

Guest audiobastard
I installed using Acer Download Tool. No problems.

I flashed malez recovery v0.4.3. No problems.

I rooted it with malez recovery, root option 1.

All works fine.

Marjet view isn't the full market, but I had backed up the protected apps anyway... so no problwm in the short term.

I didnt flash evild. I wanted to see what the rooted base ROM was like.

this is exactly what i did. I tried root option one and two on separate installation attempts.

I didi do the wipes + malesz before I posted my last comment. I have yet to reach the 'its too laggy, its unusable' stage. maybe its all the apps that you guys install . Also, I did disable animations so that must have helped.

Guest linuxluver
Am I the only one not getting 'haptic feedback' switched of in this ROM? It's the vibrating feedback when touching the softkeys. I don't want it and switched it off, but they keep generating vibration as I touch them.

I'm getting this, too. Touching the home / search / back / menu 'buttons' on the touchpad always vibrates....no matter what.

Annoying, but harmless.

Guest linuxluver
this is exactly what i did. I tried root option one and two on separate installation attempts.

Hmm.

I was on LCR v1.2.3. I may still go back as Apps2SD is *compelling* and LCR v1.2.3 was fast and stable.

I didn't wipe anything first as the Acer Download Tool takes care of all that by itself when it flashes the new BIN.

My phone has been stable all day. The camera in this new BIN is very nice.

As for "lag"....I turn off all animations and few ROMs lag if you do that. We pay a high price when we insist on non-functional eye-candy.

For rooting, I wasn't sure which option to use, so I chose the first one. I also checked the root status first, then rooted it, then checked it after. Maybe just doing the check helped the root work properly. probably not, but I suggest it because it seems to be the only thing I did that was different (and I didn't report it in my original comments).

Edited by linuxluver

Guest tomdotcom

Gentlemen, you need to flash the superboot2 file from page 26in the evil1.9 thread for ADB remount to work. I also used malez0.43 option 1 to root without problems.

ROM is fast, which is the first time I've said this about any 2.1 rom. FULL multitouch is just a bonus! Now my only problem that remains is the super slow and unusable Messaging app.

Any ideas?

Edited by tomdotcom

Guest umair9001

I have been using it with live wallpaper and task killer every now and then.. :P

Very happy with the results and its a very stable rom. No reboots no hangups what so ever. ADB cannot go into write mode, you can do the same with terminal emulator, mounting the partition in the SU access to get rid of the stupid acer default apps.

All in all..m loving it.. :(

Edited by umair9001

Guest teunke99
Gentlemen, you need to flash the superboot2 file from page 26in the evil1.9 thread for ADB remount to work. I also used malez0.43 option 1 to root without problems.

ROM is fast, which is the first time I've said this about any 2.1 rom. FULL multitouch is just a bonus! Now my only problem that remains is the super slow and unusable Messaging app.

Any ideas?

Hi,

can you repost the link for the superboot2? There are a lot of links on page 26, some of them aren't working. If you have to right link, please post.

thx

Guest vikings123

i finally got the new bin to work OK. Thanks for eVil's efforts to rush out the new LCR ROM 2.00.

It seems to be stable (sort of, some apps stopped) and the phone is working.

And the lagging problem seems to be partially solved.

Thanks again, eVils.

And my best wishes to him and his family.

Is it more then me that having problems with the contacts with this new rom?

Whenever I enter Contacts everything starts to get laggy and there is a Notification in the notification-bar that say: "Load contacts. Loading from SIM card...".

Have tryed to wipe and reinstall and still same problem.

Guest ahsid
Is it more then me that having problems with the contacts with this new rom?

Whenever I enter Contacts everything starts to get laggy and there is a Notification in the notification-bar that say: "Load contacts. Loading from SIM card...".

Have tryed to wipe and reinstall and still same problem.

yeah I have that sim problem once in a while...

Guest rafyvitto

I've also have the "syncing contacts" notifications annoying yes lol, but also i have a weird issue with this rom, i've been using it for like 2 days now, but lately i've been getting random reboots, this happens when the phone freezes up out random, it shows the battery icons with a ? mark and the phone responds to volumen up and down commands but thats it, the capacitive softkeys stop working when this happens to, and when i press the power button it restarts its self, i've alrdy wipe data+dalvik and nothing the device keeps on behaving the same, im about to just re-flash the rom, from my acer s200 experience, acer phones tend to have random isolated issues to specific devices/hardware, and mostly these issues are hard to reproduce, anyways i might re-flash the oem rom today, il see if this fixes it or if its just another issue that the rom it self has, as its a beta release.

Guest Leon.786

I just put the new bin..Its great..Fast..Giving no probz at all..The only things is haptic feedback..Even if i turn it off..soft keys still vibrate..!! Otherwise it's greatt..!! Also one thing i miss is the shorcut bar (the black color bar with 5 buttons) which contains brightness button..Sync button..Wifi etc..!! Any way to add that here..!?!?

Regardz

Edited by Leon.786

I just put the new bin..Its great..Fast..Giving no probz at all..The only things is haptic feedback..Even if i turn it off..soft keys still vibrate..!! Otherwise it's greatt..!! Also one thing i miss is the shorcut bar (the black color bar with 5 buttons) which contains brightness button..Sync button..Wifi etc..!! Any way to add that here..!?!?

Regardz

...or download from market "one click widget" set, that it has inside also the buttom to set directly 2G/3G switching connection.

Guest Leon.786
It's there: Power widget or something like (in italian is controllo risparmio energia)

Hey Thnx..Found it..Thnx A Lot..!!!!!! :P

Guest Leon.786

Now that I found the Power Widget too..Big Thnx to Simoneser & M4SS..This bin works great for me..!! Faster..More Responsive..Very Cool..!! The only two things i miss is.. :

1) There should be a different boot screen image Like in LCR

2) Haptic feedback still continues even if switched off..!!

Hey..By da way guys..Is there any app in the Market place to Change the boot screen..!! i do have one in my iphone via cydia and rock..!! Would be greattttttt if theres one for Liquid..!!

Thnx again Simoneser & M4ss

Regardz

Guest Leon.786
...or download from market "one click widget" set, that it has inside also the buttom to set directly 2G/3G switching connection.

Hey Thnx..!!

Guest simoneser

Bootanimation: push a bootanimation.zip (example, the one from LCR 1.2.4) in /system/media

I think that it's impossibile to remove haptic feedback of softkeys, but i think that is better with than without :P

Guest Leon.786
Bootanimation: push a bootanimation.zip (example, the one from LCR 1.2.4) in /system/media

I think that it's impossibile to remove haptic feedback of softkeys, but i think that is better with than without :P

Heyyyy..this means..i simply put that bootanimation.zip file..into the precise folder and then from recovery screen..update the zip...!?!?!? or just put it dre in the precise folder without going thru recovery process..!?!? dats it..!?!? if yes..Coolllllll...!!!!!!!!! Any ideas where to get these zips, apart from copying them from LCR and other roms..!?!?! i mean are there more bootscreens for personal choice..!!!

Waiting for reply....!!!!!

Edited by Leon.786