any one try the 0.0008.06 bin ???

Guest hoici

Guest Leon.786
Hy guy

if you want to execute adb controls, let's do these operations :

1 ) download and install compatible sdk (2.1) on your computer (tape sdk in google you will find it)

2 ) open a console in windows ( tape cmd in windows search) and go to sdk directory ( C:\android-sdk-windows\tools normally )

3) here you can tape adb commands (adb reboot bootloader, adb push -option @ dest src...)

you must know that all these commands must be done from this directory (there is no copy/paste to do it)

I hope that i've been clear

Hey thnx..I successfully got done with the SDk stuff the cmd window thing and stuff till i get the number of my phone device..However now when i put the command adb remount it shows an error, ' remount failed : Operation not permitted'..Wot to do now..!?!?

awaiting reply

Regardz

Guest Leon.786

I put the bootanimation.zip in the AndroidSDK folder in my c drive..!! Then in cmd i typed..

adb push cd AndroidSDK\bootanimation.zip /system/media

or

adb push cd AndroidSDK\bootanimation.zip \system\media

But no luck..!! Also adb remount command is not working..!!

Please advice..!! what would be the command.. for.. bootanimation.zip in the AndroidSDK folder in my c drive..!!

Awaiting reply

Guest Leon.786
You need your rom to be rooted.

Also before doing adb remount, try adb root

It Says adbd cannot run as root in production builds..!! Can't i use the adb push command..!?!?

Guest m3allak

hy Leon

that may help you but not sure..

in parameters --> applications --> you must activate debugging (elsewhere no adb commands will work a part from adb device)

No root is needed to use this!!

then :

adb remount (if doesn't work search in google you'll find solutions)

adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local/ (you must be in c:\android-sdk-windows\tools directory in cmd console)

then reboot and that's all

try and tell me what's happen

Edited by m3allak

Guest Leon.786
hy Leon

in parameters --> applications --> you must activate debugging (elsewhere no adb commands will work a part from adb device)

then :

adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local/ (you must be in c:\android-sdk-windows\tools directory in cmd console)

Dude..!!!!! You rockkk..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Leon.786

Guest Leon.786
hy Leon

then :

Hey buddy..now that u hve helped me this much..!! i needta learn one more thing..!! I know this is the wrong thread..but i just wanted to learn how to go back to donut 1.6 i.e. Downgrade..!! Could you please direct me to a guide or urself guide me about the process...!!

Thnx

Regardz

Guest Borkata
Hey buddy..now that u hve helped me this much..!! i needta learn one more thing..!! I know this is the wrong thread..but i just wanted to learn how to go back to donut 1.6 i.e. Downgrade..!! Could you please direct me to a guide or urself guide me about the process...!!

Thnx

Regardz

Just flash stock 1.6 rom from Acer :P

Guest simoneser
But i heard you need to downgrade bootloaders and all...

No, it's false.

Simply flash the bin and your phone will be original :P (no root, original recovery etc)

Guest Leon.786
Indeed That's all what you have to do

but why go back 1.6 ?? 2.1 is much better

Its great no doubt..!! everything is fast and better..But there are two issues :

1) I wanted to learn how to do it..just incase..

2) I'm having this weird problem..!! When i talk on the phone..that is when it is stuck to my ear..the screen should probably go off..!! however..since the time ive opted 2.1..the screen rarely goes off..then ignites and then accepts commands..eg if my ear stuck to the hold button..it puts people on hold..!! otherwise..God knows wot happens..the person on the other side cannot hear me..!! Also when i try to unhold by looking at the phone..the screen goes off..and i hafta unlock it again..!! by that time..the person calls back..and phone hangs...!!!

(its a bit difficult to type this thing)..hope you understand..!!

Is this normal..!?!?

Edited by Leon.786

Guest m3allak

Oy yeah man i understood what you meant

I've had this problem before, but after installing eVIL Update the issue seems to be solved, you can test it by your self by putting your finger on the sensors (Bottom->right) during a communication, you will see your screen going off, put off your finger and the screen is now on, i'm testing it actually and everything is fine for me.

so try to install eVIL update and tell me what will happens to you guy

Guest Leon.786
Oy yeah man i understood what you meant

I've had this problem before, but after installing eVIL Update the issue seems to be solved, you can test it by your self by putting your finger on the sensors (Bottom->right) during a communication, you will see your screen going off, put off your finger and the screen is now on, i'm testing it actually and everything is fine for me.

so try to install eVIL update and tell me what will happens to you guy

Sure..Il put in the evil rom and then lets see...!! Thnx a lot by da way for having patience with a noob like me..!!

Regardz

Guest pigia

no problems with this rom here. Seemsto be stable even if it lags sometimes but the radio is ok so I don't mind lags.

Also, I don't use bluetooth and gps: I can't say if they really work.

One weird thing is happening since I installed it a few days ago: I can't see all market apps! I bought Asphalt with the previous rom (Evil) and now I can't find it!

;)

Maybe it's a rom's fault?

Guest christonge
I have a GPS problem, it's not very precise (copilot and google map). I think the problem is in the management of the compass,.

Same here...... Google Nav has the direction arrow going the opposite way so you can´t see the road ahead :-(