End Button behavior

Guest sluma

Guest sluma

Hello I did quick search on the nexue one forum for this issue but did not get any proper results. I just wanted to confirm that it is a known issue that changing the end button behavior through spare parts to "Home, then sleep" is currently not working. If it is, do I need anything special installed along with my ROM?

Thanks,

Guest JonnyRockets
Hello I did quick search on the nexue one forum for this issue but did not get any proper results. I just wanted to confirm that it is a known issue that changing the end button behavior through spare parts to "Home, then sleep" is currently not working. If it is, do I need anything special installed along with my ROM?

Thanks,

What is the End button?

Guest Shuflie
What is the End button?

Its the red telephone hardware key, on phones other than the Nexus one that is since it doesn't have call and end keys.

Guest JonnyRockets
Its the red telephone hardware key, on phones other than the Nexus one that is since it doesn't have call and end keys.

Right, so why did the OP post this in the Nexus One forum?

Edited by JonnyRockets

Guest sluma
Right, so why did the OP post this in the Nexus One forum?

My apologies I thought the power button at the top of the Nexus one was also refereed to as the "end button". I guess I had them confused :P by default that button puts your phone to sleep when you tap it once. when I go through spare parts there is an option labeled "end button behavior" and you can assign the value "Home, then sleep". I assumed that switching that value on would allow me to go to my home and put my phone to sleep when I tap my power button once. Is that completely incorrect?

BTW I have the Desire ROM installed on my nexus one

Guest JonnyRockets
My apologies I thought the power button at the top of the Nexus one was also refereed to as the "end button". I guess I had them confused :P by default that button puts your phone to sleep when you tap it once. when I go through spare parts there is an option labeled "end button behavior" and you can assign the value "Home, then sleep". I assumed that switching that value on would allow me to go to my home and put my phone to sleep when I tap my power button once. Is that completely incorrect?

Yes.

End button = red button to end calls, which is not the same as the power button on an N1.

Guest pvillasuso
Yes.

End button = red button to end calls, which is not the same as the power button on an N1.

I Just tried it @ enom's latest ....

SpareParts <End button behavior> settings DOES affect the way the power button on an N1 works ... (it sure doesn't end the calls)

but.... it does works with all the settings

1.Nothing

2.Go to home (takes 4 seconds)

3.Go to sleep

4.Home, then sleep (takes 4 seconds to go to home , and then the sleep time is ruled by the custom setting - not immediately - )

If you never touch the setting the default is > Go to sleep ...

@sluma

Dont apologize ... I did have the same feeling , but didnt use that setting as I come from an HTC Hero and had the same toughts, regarding that the setting would only work with a dedicated END hardware button..

It seems ( using enom's ) that N1 power works almost like the END button ( apart from ending calls )

Thank You for bringing this to discussion ..

Cheers

Edited by pvillasuso

Guest sluma
I Just tried it @ enom's latest ....

SpareParts <End button behavior> settings DOES affect the way the power button on an N1 works ... (it sure doesn't end the calls)

but.... it does works with all the settings

1.Nothing

2.Go to home (takes 4 seconds)

3.Go to sleep

4.Home, then sleep (takes 4 seconds to go to home , and then the sleep time is ruled by the custom setting - not immediately - )

If you never touch the setting the default is > Go to sleep ...

@sluma

Dont apologize ... I did have the same feeling , but didnt use that setting as I come from an HTC Hero and had the same toughts, regarding that the setting would only work with a dedicated END hardware button..

It seems ( using enom's ) that N1 power works almost like the END button ( apart from ending calls )

Thank You for bringing this to discussion ..

Cheers

Thanks for the explanation, that makes sense now :P I assumed that the "home, then Sleep" would work pretty much instantly. I guess I just didn't wait long enough.