WiFi Dropping

Guest Slava G.

Guest Slava G.

Hi to All.

I'm a new to this forum, but i need some help. I have Nexus One with standard ROM ERE27. The device is not rooted.

Recently I noticed that my WiFi connection is dropping every few minutes. The device not only disconnected from the

wireless network, it also doesn't see any network around (and there 5-6 other wifi networks), after few seconds it begins

to see network around and eventually connecting to my wireless network. And this loop is occurs again after few minutes.

I did reset to factory defaults - not solved.

Any suggestion ?

Thank You and Best Regards.

Slava.

Guest MingoChang

It can be a problem of the wifi signals rather than your N1.

N1 may not be able to stick on its wifi ap since there're 5-6 wifi aps. The signals from other aps can make bad effects on your wifi connection. For example, there's an 802.11n wifi connection in the classroom of my university, and when I try to make a wifi connection from my Mac, my N1 fails to connect to the wifi of my Mac...

Guest Slava G.
It can be a problem of the wifi signals rather than your N1.

N1 may not be able to stick on its wifi ap since there're 5-6 wifi aps. The signals from other aps can make bad effects on your wifi connection. For example, there's an 802.11n wifi connection in the classroom of my university, and when I try to make a wifi connection from my Mac, my N1 fails to connect to the wifi of my Mac...

Thank You for your quick reply.

But why N1 loose every wifi network around and after few seconds show them again ?

For me it looks like wifi suddenly turns-off and after a second turns-on again and then it connected to my network

Best Regards.

Guest Evi1_One
Thank You for the reply.

But my phone is not in sleep mode, it's awake and during some internet work (downloading files and etc.).

Best Regards.

I was also dealing with this issue as well. Here is what solved my problem.

I went into the work settings, turned on WiFi. Allowed it to connect to my router, after which I set the sleep policy. After setting the sleep and before the phone disconnect the wifi, hit the menu button and hit save! I was never hitting save and that was my issue. Now it connects to my router when I use any widget to toggle WiFi on or off.

Please post your results.

Guest Slava G.
I was also dealing with this issue as well. Here is what solved my problem.

I went into the work settings, turned on WiFi. Allowed it to connect to my router, after which I set the sleep policy. After setting the sleep and before the phone disconnect the wifi, hit the menu button and hit save! I was never hitting save and that was my issue. Now it connects to my router when I use any widget to toggle WiFi on or off.

Please post your results.

Hi. Thank You for your advice.

I did what you suggest me, but the result is the same.

Problem still exist.

Thank You and Best Regards.