[ERROR] ADB Remount not working

Guest umair9001

Guest umair9001

I flashed the Acer_LiquidE_0.008.06_EMEA_GEN on my 1.6 (ACR 1.5.1) and whenever i use superboot to root, my phone starts up but i don't get any display.

Instead i put malez recovery and i used root system from withtin Malez Recovery. Root over phone works fine, but through ADB i am unable to get the remount.

Plz help.. :P

Guest emerald7086
I flashed the Acer_LiquidE_0.008.06_EMEA_GEN on my 1.6 (ACR 1.5.1) and whenever i use superboot to root, my phone starts up but i don't get any display.

Instead i put malez recovery and i used root system from withtin Malez Recovery. Root over phone works fine, but through ADB i am unable to get the remount.

Plz help.. :P

sorry buddy, you couldn't just flash the new bin on ACR, they 're NOT compatible.

not even LCR or Evil's update for the time being. :(

Guest umair9001
sorry buddy, you couldn't just flash the new bin on ACR, they 're NOT compatible.

not even LCR or Evil's update for the time being. :P

Thats what i thought..i just needed to remove those useless factory apps..

finally got em out..

1. Flashed Bin

2. Flashed Malez Recovery

3. Rooted from Malez Recovery

4. Used Terminal Emulator to remove the stock apps.

in Terminal Emulator make sure to run mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system in the SU to gain root access.. :(

Guest Quipeace

Thats pretty much the first hit on Google, glad you got it to work though. There is another fix that I can't remember, it was easier than running the command every time.

Anyway, I couldn't even manage to root the thing, Malez simply said "error rooting phone", back to the first leak now, as I don't feel like fixing stuff at the moment ^^

Guest malez
Thats pretty much the first hit on Google, glad you got it to work though. There is another fix that I can't remember, it was easier than running the command every time.

Anyway, I couldn't even manage to root the thing, Malez simply said "error rooting phone", back to the first leak now, as I don't feel like fixing stuff at the moment ^^

Are u sure u have the latest recovery 0.4.3?

try to root via malez menu to see more infos

adb shell

malez

Copy recovrry logs to sd after error occures and have a look in it.

To have adb remount to work you need a modified boot.img. wait for lcr 1.3 it will be included. (Currently using lcr custom boot img )

if you system is rooted

adb shell

su (validate access on phone)

mount -o remount,rw /system

Guest malez

I you want to see real time logs, while in recovery log, use the folowinf command for you computer with a plugged phone

adb shell tail -f /tmp/recovery.log

Guest nurogo
Are u sure u have the latest recovery 0.4.3?

try to root via malez menu to see more infos

adb shell

malez

Copy recovrry logs to sd after error occures and have a look in it.

To have adb remount to work you need a modified boot.img. wait for lcr 1.3 it will be included. (Currently using lcr custom boot img )

if you system is rooted

adb shell

su (validate access on phone)

mount -o remount,rw /system

When i try to do mount -o remount,rw /system, it says the same thing i wrote and i still can´t run "adb remount"

Anyone?

Edited by nurogo

Guest umair9001
When i try to do mount -o remount,rw /system, it says the same thing i wrote and i still can´t run "adb remount"

Anyone?

Try to use the liberated or evil eclair, adb is working in that. or check for the boot.img from malez in one ofhis thread, it should work then.

Guest malez
Try to use the liberated or evil eclair, adb is working in that. or check for the boot.img from malez in one ofhis thread, it should work then.

You can use my boot image. It will work.

http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-malez.../downloads/list

Or better switch to Liquid Community Rom and you will have more benefits and support.

Malez reco 0.5 root function will also permit the use of "adb shell remount" on any stock rom

Edited by malez

Guest nurogo

Yes malez, you´re reco 0.5 worked

Thanks

But when i try to adb push a file it says "failed Read-Only file system".

What is this

Edited by nurogo

Guest malez
you might need remounting the system as write through the mount command.

adb shell mount -o remount,rw /system

you are right umair9001

I will include a remount script in 0.5