Tom Tom mobile 7?

Guest eyup

hi guys,

I've been with HTC windows smartphones since the early SPV's and been through all the bugs and issues. Coming up to renewal and I'm sticking with HTC but its either the HD2 or the Desire on the shopping list.

I have admitedly not kept the pace with these things as my job has taken over but will TomTom mobile 7 install and run ok on the HD2? I suppose the upgrades between the mob 6.1 and 6.5 would not negate this? I have it running on a HTC Touch Diamond. Would the change in screen resolution cause problems?

I am seriously considering the Desire but I dont want to have to go buy another Satnav package :-s

Cheers guys

TomTom 7 works a charm with HD2. Touchscreen is responsive, huge display is a joy to work with.

Plenty of guides around online with regard to it's installation. Its a 10 min job.

Guest andybarker

Works well for me, with one exception - the on screen keyboard is often very small and hard to use on SOME screens. No idea why. Perhaps is important to have the right build of version 7 ?

Cheers for the replies guys.

Maybe HD2 the way to go. I still have three weeks to decide though so will likely change my mind numerous times.

Guest rameses
Cheers for the replies guys.

Maybe HD2 the way to go. I still have three weeks to decide though so will likely change my mind numerous times.

Get one, you won't regret it. (But if you do, don't blame me :P )

Guest andybarker
Get one, you won't regret it. (But if you do, don't blame me :P )

I've had one for a couple of months now, and I don't regret buying it. I'm only using a fraction of the capabilities, but I do love most of the ways that the phone links people and actions. Previously I had a Samsung i780 (looks like a Blackberry, but is Windows Mobile), and this has several advantages for me - main one being I have lots of screen available to read emails and websites when I don't need the keyboard.

The things I do use it for are:

1. Phone calls (yup, still use it for that)

2. SMS

3. Email

4. Web browsing (train times being the regular one, also the odd Google for information I want whilst out and about)

5. SatNav

6. Music on the move

All of which it does really well for my way of thinking.

Guest rameses
The things I do use it for are:

1. Phone calls (yup, still use it for that)

2. SMS

3. Email

4. Web browsing (train times being the regular one, also the odd Google for information I want whilst out and about)

5. SatNav

6. Music on the move

All of which it does really well for my way of thinking.

Ditto on all of those plus Twitter (HTC Peep is pretty nice ), and the odd photo as the HD2's camera is damn good for a HTC device.

• 2 months later...
Guest thesufi
Works well for me, with one exception - the on screen keyboard is often very small and hard to use on SOME screens. No idea why. Perhaps is important to have the right build of version 7 ?

if you make tomtom auto-rotatable using bsb tweaks 1.6, it solves this problem as the keyboard is much larger in landscape.

Edited by thesufi

Guest andybarker

Thanks for the tip, but I always use sat nav in portrait mode - I like to see what is ahead, rather than to the side - after all that is where I am travelling to!