Getting apps to work with "Modaco Exclusive: WM 6.5.X Build 23518 WORKING STOCK ROM- V2"

Guest JUNKTHROW

Guest JUNKTHROW

A newbie question here.

I got a used Omnia i910 from ebay with original ROM (do not remember the exact version.). I upgraded to CF03 successfully and everything was working great. I love the phone and appreciate the efforts of people on this forum to bring us customize up-to-date software.

I read about how the new 6.5 version was more "touch friendly" and decided to give the "Modaco Exclusive: WM 6.5.X Build 23518 WORKING STOCK ROM- V2" a try.

The flash process went fine. I think it will take some time to get used to the new interface. Possible deal-breaker issues I am having are as follows.

1) I was able to enable GPS to use my Google Maps with. Now when I went to m.google.com and click on Maps I get this error. "Sorry, the Google Maps application does not work on your Mini 5. However, you can access Google maps on the go by using the web version." I tried bing maps thinking there is a compatibility issue with google but got a similar error. Question: Is there a way to install this(ese) apps on this stock ROM?

2) I use the podcast app a lot too. With CF03, I was able to subscribe to podcast using a URL. I cannot find a way to do that in this version.

In case there are no resolutions to these issues, is it possible to flash my phone back to CF03 or am I stuck with this version?

Thanks in advance.

Guest JUNKTHROW

I solved the mystery of 1). I was using Opera to download google maps instead of IE. Once I tried IE, it worked fine.

Any ideas about 2)? Is there another free app for podcasts?

Thanks.