Do you love your Omnia?

Guest redzone321
I love omnia 2 a lot because

+ impressive battery life

+ System level audio routing (in audio gain settings)

+ Perfect amoled screen

+ Hardware h264 decoding, unbelievable!

I've never suffered from lack of speed, besides I always keep CPU in the low performance mode

I miss DPad though...

use EZInput or Swype both have a dpad built in!

Guest sinancetinkaya
use EZInput or Swype both have a dpad built in!

I can't because they don't support Turkish. I use FingerKeyb which also has dpad and everything is so far so good. But you know, none of them are like a hardware dpad.

Edited by sinancetinkaya

Guest darkworldzz

haha.. the only thing i can think of to make ppl dislike this phone would be samsung.. ;)

they wanted to save the trouble and made a crappy opengl driver(i cant even use throttle launcher) and it doesnt even include g-sensor.. i only like htc's opengl driver.. ;)

Guest das7771
I like my phone very much...

I LOVE my wife. ;) :P

I know I'm a buzz kill ;) ;)

:P :P

That was just cheesy kdkinc. Ask my wife what I love the most, her or my phone and she would easily say my phone. Although I do love her too, she is just not as customizable.

Guest babyjosef17
That was just cheesy kdkinc. Ask my wife what I love the most, her or my phone and she would easily say my phone. Although I do love her too, she is just not as customizable.

I just lol'd my pants of this one.

Hmmm.. guess your wife's an andriod then?

kidding.. dnt kill me.. ;)

Guest das7771
I just lol'd my pants of this one.

Hmmm.. guess your wife's an andriod then?

kidding.. dnt kill me.. ;)

LOL....she does have the HTC Eris....

Guest muddymack76

I love it. Had the O1 for a year and loved it, but the O2 makes it look like an antique. My wife loves it so much that she sent her Palm Pre back and ordered one.

Guest yauhui
Samsung should stick to just making TVs as this phone sucks. I've had my Omnia 2 now for 4 months and it's constantly frozen, slow etc. Definitely the RAM (or lack thereof) and Touchwiz killed it for this phone. People blame Windows Mobile, but the HD2 is also WinMo and leaves the O2 for dead.

Compared it side by side with my HD2. Hard reset both phones and started them at the same time. The HD2 had loaded it's Sense interface while the O2 was still on the splash screen. Sure 200mhz and extra RAM on the HD2, but how much difference can it make?

Can't wait to trade this piece of crap in for the HTC Desire.

That's practically a perfect echo of what I'm thinking right now.

are you joking right?

I got both O2 and LEO ... and the htc is the most unstable phone ever made. It has a crappy cam (video and photo) it has no video output ... it has crappy capacitive screen too much sensitive and you can't use anything different from your finger so office is out of question.

yes it's fast but the O2 with a custom rom is right on par...

not to mention it has the dimensions of a billboard...ah,and i was forgetting the worst autonomy ever ...neither one day of life ... when O2 is able to reach 3 full says with no intense use.

and the O2 does more for cheaper ... and it has a spectacular display compared to the one on the LEO... again crap!

I'm sorry, I think you just don't get it. No matter what you do, it's still a Samsung. Sure, HTC might lose out when it comes to the camera module, but Samsung's advantage stops right there.

"Crappy capacitive screen"? Wow. I used my friend's HTC Hero for 30 minutes, and for the entire 4 months that I've been using the O2, I dread for the lack of a capacitive screen. The plastic bends, flexes, scratches and looks outright cheap. And talk about how difficult it is to zoom on the O2. Samsung managed to make one-"finger-zoom" seem like a God-send feature on their ads, but it's horrible. The amount of control you get for precise zooming is next to none... and often at times, there seems to be zoom ghosting, i.e. it continues zooming although I have lifted the stylus off the screen. And sensitivity... I guess you just haven't used the Leo for yourself. The O2 feels like it's not responding to your touch at all.

"You can't use anything different from your finger" is a very misleading claim. There are tons of capacitive styluses out there... and why would you want to use anything but your finger anyways?

The Leo's speed out-of-the-box vs O2's speed out-of-the-box just highlights Samsung's poor development for the phone. It sucks and feels totally incomplete.

And, excuse me, are you actually comparing battery life? To compare, the O2 has 430 hrs of standy time, vs Leo's 490 hrs. (Take into account that the O2 has 1500mAh and is equipped with AMOLED, whereas Leo has a 1230mAh and TFT.)

Yes, the O2 is cheaper. Not just in the price, but also in the design. Cheap built quality like the O2 is embarassing. Just a drop from knee-level is enough to part the plasticky battery cover and fling the battery into the air. The Leo has an aluminium battery cover that's tough enough not to fly open by itself, yet easy enough to remove with your hands.

There's a certain amount of difference when it comes to dedication from the manufacturer... and well, it's a Samsung. What do you expect? All they do is go around the office and source for technologies from other departments, like the display and camera. And they just throw everything into a plastic case and do some 5-minute coding and ship it out as "their most advanced all-in-one phone ever".

A Samsung is still a Samsung, no matter what you do. If you have a Samsung, you would feel depressed, your friends would leave you, your wife would hook up with someone else having better gadgets, and you would probably commit suicide. Just saying.

Guest mapla

Love my O2 dearly, Samsung did a good job when they release both O1 and O2. When i got my O1 it was the best Winmo phone available due to largest flash disk and first 5 mb camera option. Then came O2 with beautiful screen, largest size and first compass Winmo available that time, Samsung was to generous giving lot of stuffs which ended people complaining to slow and crappy opengl games but they didn't realize that they have opengl 2 which isn't available elsewhere unfortunately the developers are not ready to port on it yet.

Guest kahn101

I'm sorry, I think you just don't get it. No matter what you do, it's still a Samsung. Sure, HTC might lose out when it comes to the camera module, but Samsung's advantage stops right there.

"Crappy capacitive screen"? Wow. I used my friend's HTC Hero for 30 minutes, and for the entire 4 months that I've been using the O2, I dread for the lack of a capacitive screen. The plastic bends, flexes, scratches and looks outright cheap. And talk about how difficult it is to zoom on the O2. Samsung managed to make one-"finger-zoom" seem like a God-send feature on their ads, but it's horrible. The amount of control you get for precise zooming is next to none... and often at times, there seems to be zoom ghosting, i.e. it continues zooming although I have lifted the stylus off the screen. And sensitivity... I guess you just haven't used the Leo for yourself. The O2 feels like it's not responding to your touch at all.

"You can't use anything different from your finger" is a very misleading claim. There are tons of capacitive styluses out there... and why would you want to use anything but your finger anyways?

The Leo's speed out-of-the-box vs O2's speed out-of-the-box just highlights Samsung's poor development for the phone. It sucks and feels totally incomplete.

And, excuse me, are you actually comparing battery life? To compare, the O2 has 430 hrs of standy time, vs Leo's 490 hrs. (Take into account that the O2 has 1500mAh and is equipped with AMOLED, whereas Leo has a 1230mAh and TFT.)

Yes, the O2 is cheaper. Not just in the price, but also in the design. Cheap built quality like the O2 is embarassing. Just a drop from knee-level is enough to part the plasticky battery cover and fling the battery into the air. The Leo has an aluminium battery cover that's tough enough not to fly open by itself, yet easy enough to remove with your hands.

There's a certain amount of difference when it comes to dedication from the manufacturer... and well, it's a Samsung. What do you expect? All they do is go around the office and source for technologies from other departments, like the display and camera. And they just throw everything into a plastic case and do some 5-minute coding and ship it out as "their most advanced all-in-one phone ever".

A Samsung is still a Samsung, no matter what you do. If you have a Samsung, you would feel depressed, your friends would leave you, your wife would hook up with someone else having better gadgets, and you would probably commit suicide. Just saying.

the screen responsiveness is good enough, used a friend's iphone didn't feel much difference, the amoled looks too nice!! i ll agree with you on the cheap looking design dropped it from knee level the other day and it flew apart cover, battery everything. bought the white version black looked too shiny .. cheap! but if u consider the difference in price a factor of almost $300 the omnia ii makes much more sense. its fast, crappy ram but thats fixable, beautiful display..and i believe anything the hd2 can do the omnia ii can also do.

Guest Smille123

There is another thread where the O2 and HD2 are compared!

There is another thread to compare the O2 and the HD2!

Edited by Smille123

Guest redzone321

i find teh build quality quite nice (minus the dust!) very slick and black. nice weight . excelent screen.

but RAM is definitly an issue. BUT with each no update from Samsung its getting better. Hopefully they will fix the openGL v1 driver. OR we can just wait till peopel start writing in OpenGL 2 lol

Guest jebise
i find teh build quality quite nice (minus the dust!) very slick and black. nice weight . excelent screen.

but RAM is definitly an issue. BUT with each no update from Samsung its getting better. Hopefully they will fix the openGL v1 driver. OR we can just wait till peopel start writing in OpenGL 2 lol

I like everything about the phone except the diamond in the middle, it should have been a trackpad/button or something.

I wish us Canadians would get a official update, but we have not even gotten one. Yes openGL is the only problem with this phone now. The phone has enough RAM it's just samsung reserves to much of it and the bloated OS slows it down that much more. But custom ROM are the solution till samsung reduces the reserved RAM.

Using twu2 ROM the phone is prefect give us enough RAM to have a few apps open and remove the lag. I just don't know what they are smoking at samsung reserving so much RAM and then giving us a bloated OS that cripples the phone. They should just provide a basic OS with there standard apps that users choose to install or delete in stead of installing them and leave the user will a slow phone.

Edited by jebise

Guest geebox
I like everything about the phone except the diamond in the middle, it should have been a trackpad/button or something.

I wish us Canadians would get a official update, but we have not even gotten one. Yes openGL is the only problem with this phone now. The phone has enough RAM it's just samsung reserves to much of it and the bloated OS slows it down that much more. But custom ROM are the solution till samsung reduces the reserved RAM.

Using twu2 ROM the phone is prefect give us enough RAM to have a few apps open and remove the lag. I just don't know what they are smoking at samsung reserving so much RAM and then giving us a bloated OS that cripples the phone. They should just provide a basic OS with there standard apps that users choose to install or delete in stead of installing them and leave the user will a slow phone.

You guys must be referring to the I8000 as I dont see these above issues with the i920 except the openGl which does work but is not perfect. Ram is managable.

Guest jebise
You guys must be referring to the I8000 as I dont see these above issues with the i920 except the openGl which does work but is not perfect. Ram is managable.

well how much RAM do you have on a stock ROM after fresh boot? Because the hardware is almost the same and the amount of available RAM is the same too.

Guest geebox
well how much RAM do you have on a stock ROM after fresh boot? Because the hardware is almost the same and the amount of available RAM is the same too.

You are right on the RAM, just saying it is managable. I meant to quote the one of the earlier post that was so negative. Again, my friends and I love this phone(Verizon i920) especially after putting SPB Shell Mobile on it. We just havent had much issues with it other than making sure most programs are installed on the storage.

Guest kahn101

i love the omnia ii. design is good so is the hardware. however ;) i wonder what justification samsung has for the RAM issue. the 70mb of usable RAM is managable until samsung decides to 'skin' windows mobile... between touchwiz 2.0, the 'main menu' and spb mobile shell ram is almost done, run the cube..at your own peril!! whats hurts is these main menu, cube additions are useless, they don't help in anyway. when samsung realised that RAM would be an issue, they came up with a genius solution-auto kill! as your browsing opera, receive a message and dare to reply it.. you will have to restart opera. don't play music as your browsing.. infact donot multitask.

then there are the little annoying things like the bubbles on the bluetooth and wifi connection screens.. needless additions, memory consuming and utterly useless. samsung felt they needed to revise windows mobile settings.. the way they categorised them is well..

Samsung should realise that when someone buys a windows mobile phone they expect to find WINDOWS MOBILE and not whatever software samsung deems is best. Windows mobile may not be an eye candy OS but it is a capable OS and we have enough 3rd party apps to make it look good..cough spb.. ;)

so basically you have to install the auto kill patch, disable touchwiz which i happen to like, never go to the main menu and forget the cube, spb ms is too good to leave out, use the phone till ram drops to maybe 20 n then u have to restart it. constantly monitor ur ram coz u don't want the phone to freeze as your about to take that call!

Guest ewing24

I got it few weeks ago and I'm very, very dissapointed. My old SE i800 was much better phone than this. I was deciding between this and iPhone and I was very stupid not taking it. This is causing me just headaches and frustration. Man I just want to listen some music, read some documents, watch some stupid tv shows and call, not to tweek f***ing registry for immediate ring! that's just ridiculous. When comparing with iPhone I almost have to cry that I did such mistake. pain in the ass...

PS: just remembered how I was battling with 3g dialing all the time....unbelievable.

Guest jebise
i love the omnia ii. design is good so is the hardware. however ;) i wonder what justification samsung has for the RAM issue. the 70mb of usable RAM is managable until samsung decides to 'skin' windows mobile... between touchwiz 2.0, the 'main menu' and spb mobile shell ram is almost done, run the cube..at your own peril!! whats hurts is these main menu, cube additions are useless, they don't help in anyway. when samsung realised that RAM would be an issue, they came up with a genius solution-auto kill! as your browsing opera, receive a message and dare to reply it.. you will have to restart opera. don't play music as your browsing.. infact donot multitask.

then there are the little annoying things like the bubbles on the bluetooth and wifi connection screens.. needless additions, memory consuming and utterly useless. samsung felt they needed to revise windows mobile settings.. the way they categorised them is well..

Samsung should realise that when someone buys a windows mobile phone they expect to find WINDOWS MOBILE and not whatever software samsung deems is best. Windows mobile may not be an eye candy OS but it is a capable OS and we have enough 3rd party apps to make it look good..cough spb.. ;)

so basically you have to install the auto kill patch, disable touchwiz which i happen to like, never go to the main menu and forget the cube, spb ms is too good to leave out, use the phone till ram drops to maybe 20 n then u have to restart it. constantly monitor ur ram coz u don't want the phone to freeze as your about to take that call!

well thats what a lite ROM is for the phone is very capable it's just samsung added to many useless apps and of course there useless setting that take up un necessary ram. But with a lite ROM i get around 70MB free with spb MS enabled.

Guest omnia2tester

Absolutely love it! Love the speed. Love that bright screen! Love that divx playback and tvout. Loving the sound quality. Loving the great pictures it produces. Tried other friends phones like iphone, moto droid, touchpro2, blackberry, hero and no way am I changing here.

Note - This phone is not that great out of the box though, but with help its awesome. Because it needs help, it really isn't for average newbie/tard. Newbie's should just stick with their iphones and stop complaining.

I bought the sch-i920 from Verizon online store, 12am opening day. Only regret is Verizon didnt ship the b7610 (keyboard glider version). Would have also loved multitouch, oh well.

Definitely needed:

SPB mobile shell

Touch sensitivity tweaks - cant tell its resisitive after that

also....

Updated office

other useful apps like sktools, winrar, google maps, wifirouter/Internet sharing... on and on

Its sweet, but still cant wait for the dual boot android to be finished using sd card. Best of both worlds!!!

I hope they make an omnia 3, glider with a9 proc! I'll be waiting on opening day again.